British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

I honestly don't believe people are happy with that team we will be lucky to win the Tyne Tees and Tweed trophy this year at best

Why wouldn't we be? It's a similar team to last year, minus Kus and Palovaara. Kus probably would have helped but it's not going to be a bad season at all.

• Like 1

Why wouldn't we be? It's a similar team to last year, minus Kus and Palovaara. Kus probably would have helped but it's not going to be a bad season at all.

Similar your right that's why we will win nothing again!! Danny Phillips should be nowhere near that team I could name at least 10 that are much better than him. Lewis Rose and Ash Morris won't be at reserve this season and lindgren will do his usual which is to be decent at home then do nothing away. We will be relying on Robert and Steve big time away from home again and we need to hope the rest chip in long season me thinks. Glasgow Ipswich and Sheffield will be much stronger.

Edited by Nufc 1892
  • Like 1

Decent looking team taking into account the parameters of the league, feel that the authorities have watered it down to accommodate of the Elite/premier or what ever its called always the same, I think the reserves will do ok and Phillips having a year under his belt should do him no harm and also taking into account most teams are going to be running with 2 pointers due to the build up of the team that experience could be invaluable

• Like 2

So, where's that gun for boomerang?

so come and do it big man was only wrong bout lindgren coming back instead of wells.

ill see you in march and you can do it then if you think your hard enough

cant see them winning away metting next season at best will pick up an odd point by losing by less than 6.

should be ok at home but the top two will have to score double figure,s at every away meeting to even stand a chance of that.

realy happy with coles but this is the year that captain fantastic has to push his average over 8 this is his sixth season so

its time to stand up and be counted.

as for kus he was told he was defo told he would be used nxt season and he had bout 4 or 5 other clubs wanting to use him

but he told them he was fixed up only to be sold down the river by newcastle been totally s///t on from a great height.

my personal choice would have kus over captain fantastic any day

and philips needs to let the clutch out at the starting gate the same time as all the other riders to stand a chance of

scoring points needs to mix it at the first corner.

so come and do it big man was only wrong bout lindgren coming back instead of wells.

ill see you in march and you can do it then if you think your hard enough

maybe they couldn't swap Lindgren for Wells, cos it wouldn't fit (0.19) over the limit ???

• Like 1

Decent team from a results point of view and I'm delighted that we have two of the most entertaining riders to watch in Lambert and Lindgren. To the Kus fans can I just say that Lindgren didn't cost us any chance of cup by falling off on the parade lap.

Hope Kus gets fixed up elsewhere but he was not a rider I enjoyed watching.

Major issue would be any loss of a top 5 rider early in a meeting and any extended use of r/r but you can't build a team around what might happen.

Top 6

Decent team from a results point of view and I'm delighted that we have two of the most entertaining riders to watch in Lambert and Lindgren. To the Kus fans can I just say that Lindgren didn't cost us any chance of cup by falling off on the parade lap.

Hope Kus gets fixed up elsewhere but he was not a rider I enjoyed watching.

Major issue would be any loss of a top 5 rider early in a meeting and any extended use of r/r but you can't build a team around what might happen.

Top 6

is the 'new' r/r rule to be implemented during a match, like the EL last season ?

Before Eastbourne announced it, naughty

I don't think Connor is the one that worries people

Phillips might count himself to be a little fortunate after last season but taking into account that Newcastle run Sundays and ruling out those that have signed for other clubs there aren't that many (if any) better on the limited points available.

• Like 1

Connor Coles is a trier and a decent gater. The only issue he has is the failure to stay on the bike for 4 laps sometimes from over riding.

We chose Hume and Mountain over him for a reason. However i do wish him well and hope he does well for you guys (until you come to Foxhall lol)

is the 'new' r/r rule to be implemented during a match, like the EL last season ?

Yes, if a rider is injured during a meeting his rides can be shared out amongst those below him in the averages and not just the reserves.

• Like 3

Connor Coles is a trier and a decent gater. The only issue he has is the failure to stay on the bike for 4 laps sometimes from over riding.

We chose Hume and Mountain over him for a reason. However i do wish him well and hope he does well for you guys (until you come to Foxhall lol)

I'd say they are on a par and your reasoning might not be as sound as you seem to suggest. Mountain is definitely the better rider snd also has a much smoother style. He's coming in on the back of an awful injury, though, and that is always a bit of a gamble. As to Hume, over the back half of the season Coles had the higher average and beat Hume at Perry Barr when Mildenhall were there. I certainly have no criticism of Ipswich's choices, but it might not be ss clear cut as you think.

I'd say they are on a par and your reasoning might not be as sound as you seem to suggest. Mountain is definitely the better rider snd also has a much smoother style. He's coming in on the back of an awful injury, though, and that is always a bit of a gamble. As to Hume, over the back half of the season Coles had the higher average and beat Hume at Perry Barr when Mildenhall were there. I certainly have no criticism of Ipswich's choices, but it might not be ss clear cut as you think.

I get what you are saying totally an Mountain in particular is a gamble Hume isnt.

I can only go on what i have seen and i doubt very much that any Ipswich fan would want Coles over Mountain or Hume.

But as i say i hope he does well for you. I like Newcastle and their fans and i hope you guys have a good season..........and finish second to us lol

Kus over Ludde ???,,, you are ffffing crackers ;)

I thought you might comment RD. :t::rofl:

Personally I would have preferred Kus - as for being crackers - you may well be proved right - age you know.... :unsure::rolleyes::)

• Like 2

I for one am happy with the team, great to have Lambert and Worrall back to spearhead our challenge and we should be good at home with the likes of Ludvig, Rose and Morris providing good solid backup. Yes we may be weak on the road but we will wait and see. We signed Kus last year to provide firepower on the road and that never really happened so we may surprise a few with this team on the road. I don't know a lot about Coles but just looked at his scores over the last few meetings for Mildenhall and in all but one match against a NL select he was in double figures and top scored a few times, so it shows he has potential. Yes Danny was poor this year to say the least but I'm prepared to forget that and hope he comes back better and with a point to prove. Having said that I think alot of pressure will be on Danny next year and he will have to silence a lot of his critics and with him being the more senior reserve and technically having to fill Roses/Morris's boots will have a lot to do. Its sad that we could not fit Kus in but someone was always going to be disappointed and George stated that it is not the end of his Newcastle career so no doubt we will see him again and I hope he finds a team, maybe Rye House!!! (ala George's comments last night). I will be interested to hear what the news re: Danny is when it finally comes out.

Onwards and upwards and looking forward to 2017

• Like 1