British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

Most of The new reserves in every team will struggle apart from a few this year with a good few tracks having a bit of grip/dirt on them as in the NL all the tracks are very slick and with Danny having already got a years experience pretty sure he will score more well this year

Quite happy with the team. As always you need your riders to up their average in order to win the title and the vast majority of the lads should be able to do that - even Ludde as the 'old hand'.

Whilst the team is without doubt weaker than how we finished remember that previousy reserves started on a minimum of 3.00 and if both Danny and Connor were placed on these figures we would be almost on 42 - so we aren't that far off - we just used all the points at the top end.

• Like 2

Wasn't thinking instead of Connor.....

I was aware of that, more answering your comment in the third sentence.

Like you, I will support Connor all the way, and hope Danny picks up the challenge to be top reserve.

• Like 1

George mentioned that 40 points was only used for team building. Does that mean that when the first set of greensheets come out most teams will be able to strengthen?

George mentioned that 40 points was only used for team building. Does that mean that when the first set of greensheets come out most teams will be able to strengthen?

I think when the first sheets are available the averages will have to be regulated to 42 points, because the meeting will produce 90 points, the same way as the 50 points figure used for the new Premiership. They could go to 42.5 or anything higher, but that would mean the leagues would need more riders to get to that level.

What would happen, if say Jason Doyle got injured in his first match on his 13+ ave, missed the first averages and came back late in the season, after things were regulated ???,,, worms,,,

Quite happy with the team. Didn't expect Robert back, so thats a big plus.Our reserves should be okay as there aren't many good reserves named by anyone so far apart from, possibly, Workington with Matt Williamson. Glasow reckon to have Tom Perry at reserve but for that to happen they will need a very weak 4 and 5. (above 3.76 and less than 5) to fit.

As long as we avoid injuries to Ash or Lewis as R/R could come back to bite us with having to use the reserves to cover. (Unless the rules have changed).

Kings Lynn switching back to wednesdays means no Home clashes for Robert. I understand Ludvig is only riding in Sweden's top division now (Tuesdays) so is available for Thursday matches. That just leaves Steve (IF he goes back to Belle Vue and IF they still stick to Fridays). Just need better fixture planning. For example visit Edinburgh on a friday when Belle Vue aren't riding. ( I doubt they'll be racing every Friday on a GP weekend). Also we've lost two Friday tracks anyway (Somerset and Plymouth). Plus we are now the senior Sunday track.

Is Coles an asset of anybody, or does he become one of ours after 4 home and 4 away, or whatever it is now?

Quite happy with the team. Didn't expect Robert back, so thats a big plus.Our reserves should be okay as there aren't many good reserves named by anyone so far apart from, possibly, Workington with Matt Williamson. Glasow reckon to have Tom Perry at reserve but for that to happen they will need a very weak 4 and 5. (above 3.76 and less than 5) to fit.

As long as we avoid injuries to Ash or Lewis as R/R could come back to bite us with having to use the reserves to cover. (Unless the rules have changed).

Kings Lynn switching back to wednesdays means no Home clashes for Robert. I understand Ludvig is only riding in Sweden's top division now (Tuesdays) so is available for Thursday matches. That just leaves Steve (IF he goes back to Belle Vue and IF they still stick to Fridays). Just need better fixture planning. For example visit Edinburgh on a friday when Belle Vue aren't riding. ( I doubt they'll be racing every Friday on a GP weekend). Also we've lost two Friday tracks anyway (Somerset and Plymouth). Plus we are now the senior Sunday track.

Is Coles an asset of anybody, or does he become one of ours after 4 home and 4 away, or whatever it is now?

Good points.

Been there and found not good enough. I wouldn't have welcomed either Greenwood, far better go for a newer emerging rider like Coles, Hume. Mountain, JPB, Shanes, etc.

Just hope Connor has inherited his Dad's and Granddad's will to win on the track. Even riding for Exeter, Michael was one of the few riders who would get good scores everywhere, showing he wasn't a one track pony like many Exeter former riders. He always gave his all and it was a pleasure to watch his gutsy style, even though i think he never used to wash his Kevlars. They were always scruffy. Hope his Dad is in his corner all the time to pass on his enthusiasm. If i remember correct SCB's favourite riders used to be Frank Smart AND Michael Coles.

I am nowhere near as old as you so they are before my time :o:D but from what I have seen Connor is ferociously determined.

• Like 2

I am nowhere near as old as you so they are before my time :o:D but from what I have seen Connor is ferociously determined.

Good to hear.

Looking forward to it already. I'll be at the the Practice and Press and Practice and you can see me at the back gate between 5pm & 6pm all season.

make sure theres no one else there just you and me big man.

cant wait already training for it already not that itl take much doing ya full of it

Good to hear.

I am as old as you and I can remember both Bob Coles and Michael Coles. If Connor is anything like them he could become a real good 'un.

I am as old as you and I can remember both Bob Coles and Michael Coles. If Connor is anything like them he could become a real good 'un.

You're 108 ? :o:D

In trust that in 2017 you will stop sodding about on here and instead get back to watching the sport.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 4

You're 108 ? :o:D

In trust that in 2017 you will stop sodding about on here and instead get back to watching the sport.

.............. and the rest. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: