British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

So basically, he rode for Peterborough first, but really made his name in Newcastle :P

He rode at Peterborough then signed as a full rider for us. We claimed him as an asset as per procedures in 2009. Peterborough appealed, and said he was their rider but he didn't sign a contract with them. Unfortunately due to the politics at that time, Peterborough were backed be the BSPA so we lost a rider who was signed as a Diamond. :mad:

• Like 1

He rode at Peterborough then signed as a full rider for us. We claimed him as an asset as per procedures in 2009. Peterborough appealed, and said he was their rider but he didn't sign a contract with them. Unfortunately due to the politics at that time, Peterborough were backed be the BSPA so we lost a rider who was signed as a Diamond. :mad:

Newcastle followed procedure, the correct one presumably. BSPA back Peterborough. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Was this yet another case of Speedway's stupid Rules, or was it a case of the BSPA bending those Rules to suit themselves? :unsure::blink:

• Like 1

Was unlucky not to win a PLRC , but his then team mate , Kenni Larsen , did him no favours on the first bend in the final . We loved having him at Glasgow last year , he turned our season around after he got him in to replace Ben Barker .

pretty sure Bach won the U-21 World Championship in 2010 though, so it wasn't all bad. :t:

Personally always had a lot of time for Rene reckon he could yet comeback to Diamonds one day especially when we lose Robert and Steve to better leagues. He was never better in Britain than at the Diamonds in that great side that came second and won plenty silverware, with three top men with Kenni and Lemo 30 points minimum before meeting even started. In fact he was predicted by many to make Grand prixs, just a shame Rene broke his leg was never the same rider.

Edited by Big Diamond
  • Like 2

Personally always had a lot of time for Rene reckon he could yet comeback to Diamonds one day especially when we lose Robert and Steve to better leagues. He was never better in Britain than at the Diamonds in that great side that came second and won plenty silverware, with three top men with Kenni and Lemo 30 points minimum before meeting even started. In fact he was predicted by many to make Grand prixs, just a shame Rene broke his leg was never the same rider.

By far and away, 2010 was one of the best diamonds teams and seasons in recent times. If we could have another season like that before 2020 thatd be great. It just looks good to update the silverware page in the programme.

, if Lambert misses the gate, he chases like mad and most time he passes them. !

Sometimes he does, yes. Sometimes he doesn't.

I love to watch Robert, but for me he Isn't half as ruthless as Kenni Larsen was, and Rene Bach was better at chasing the opposition down.

• Like 1

Sometimes he does, yes. Sometimes he doesn't.

I love to watch Robert, but for me he Isn't half as ruthless as Kenni Larsen was, and Rene Bach was better at chasing the opposition down.

Agreed

Next year, if we can keep Steve as a powerhouse, bring in Rene and keep Ludvig (yes) and Rose as 3 and 4... Hopefully we'll be able to have a pretty solid team... Hope Phillips comes back (as long as he's with a good senior reserve) as I feel he was just starting to come good before his injures... And I'd love to see them squeeze Ashley in somehow... I hope that the point limit goes back up... Because 40 points is not enough to keep interesting top 5s and good reserves... It's boring watching Robert Vs Masters and Coles Vs Davey in the same race for example... I want to see 4 riders racing eachother...

• Like 1

40 points is not enough to keep interesting top 5s and good reserves.. I want to see 4 riders racing eachother...

I could not agree more. The league has now been watered down too far.

The Terrace Grumbler manifesto includes :

- a 45 point limit

- 3 point lowest permissible average (wait, it gets better!)

- unlimited tactical substitutions

- regional rounds of the 4TT

- a team's 3 highest averaging riders at 1, 3 and 5

- inter league ko cup

Tsunami and Parky will no doubt say this is pie in the sky but it would bring back a good few people I know. The tactical ride was the death knell for a number of previously regular supporters.

• Like 1

- a 45 point limit

- inter league ko cup

Tsunami and Parky will no doubt say this is pie in the sky but it would bring back a good few people I know. The tactical ride was the death knell for a number of previously regular supporters.

Interesting ideas something has to be done to get the fans back, although i believe unless more good Brits are produced British speedway will never move up in standard this decline has taking years as would any improvement. In my opinion the problem wasn't dropping points limit it was not changing the structure same top 5/6 as always but asking some youngsters to replace much better riders was never going to work whatever average they were giving. Rider development used to be in past decades second reserve, Top reserve, Second string, Heatleader, no1 then you move up a league when proving your worth a chance now its all over the place.

Edited by Big Diamond
  • Like 1

- a 45 point limit Not sure about that, but It was what it used to be and I had no problems with it then.

- 3 point lowest permissible average (wait, it gets better!) Agree

- unlimited tactical substitutions Absolutely spot on. I don't get this double points for doing your job malarkey (but it doesn't stop me from enjoying my speedway).

- regional rounds of the 4TT I'd agree, if there was enough teams! Only 10 teams makes it difficult. If we had 12 it would make sense. Used to love Middlesbrough on the Thursday, Edinburgh on the Friday, Berwick on the Saturday and Brough on the Sunday.

- a team's 3 highest averaging riders at 1, 3 and 5 That makes sense too.

- inter league ko cup I'd love it, but too many riders doubling up means it's virtually impossible without using too many guests. For instance if we were to meet King's Lynn, who would Robert and Lewis ride for?

• Like 1

I see we have two meeting in one day on 25 June against Workington in the restaging of the cup match. 1st leg at 1pm over at Derwent Park with the return at Newcastle later that day. Sounds interesting!!!

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.32525

Not even to strengthen out obvious weaknesses? I'm sorry but Rene would do just s good of a job at Brough as Robert does and he'd do a pretty decent job on the road, everyone just likes Robert because he's so young... And I admire him too :P

I've always loved Rene, probably the only rider I'd chose over Ludvig :o I think Rene and Kenni got in each others way because neither could bare to lose to their team mate :P Haha

Let's go back a couple of years. Fans said we were not strong enough and lacked a real top number, especially in heats 13 and 15. Ludde was actually our number one for a long period and he was only on about a 7.20 average, Newcastle tried to top up the top end and tried to get Danny King for number 1, with Robert coming in on an assessed 3 points. Sadly we didn't get Robert because his average was only assessed. We then got Robert, and last year and this year, him and Steve provide a dynamic duo which is the envy of other clubs. With them at 1 and 3 we are going to get that turbo boost to change our fortunes, even if we are behind after say heat 12. Whilst there is merit in shoring up the lower order riders, it would mean getting rid of the very signings that are currently making us a decent team. Rene is not a number1, is very inconsistent, and has lost that magic burst around the outside like he used to do before his unfortunate injury. I can imagine if we did go down your route, at the first opportunity fans would be saying 'why did we get rid of our most exciting rider'. Promotions I know will never do the right thing, unfortunately. It's all about opinions and risks.

I am sure that Rene, if he wants to ride again in the UK, would automatically come to Newcastle, as he live with Newcastle owner and biggest sponsor, Alan Hedley of Sapphire Engineering.

I see we have two meeting in one day on 25 June against Workington in the restaging of the cup match. 1st leg at 1pm over at Derwent Park with the return at Newcastle later that day. Sounds interesting!!!

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.32525

The A69 is going to be very busy. i hope.

The 2 meetings in one day is more viable with Workington rather than Glasgow. Well done to the promotions for thinking out of the box.

- a 45 point limit

- inter league ko cup

You don't have to tell me Terrace Grumbler - I already know that. :t:

Get rid - I'll be back. :t::approve: