British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

According to speedway updates Ben Hopwood has broken his foot tonight riding for Kent Kings. he rode on ,however, and recorded a 4 ride paid max. (9+3). Hope it's not too serious after the adrenalin rush kicks out.

Tough rider, hopefully he can continue, and if not, temporary signing of Alfie Bowtell maybe? :) And bring Ben back once he's fit again, to get a paid max with a broken foot is good :t:

that is good news, but av never seen it anywhere :(

hope not either and, its not good news as Ben was actually starting to do ok, at home.

https://twitter.com/diamondspeedway?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Newcastle's Twitter, and no, I'm not on Twitter, but it's a useful place to get news quick, as our website is a bit sh!t

I've been very very impressed with Ben Hopwood this year, one of the biggest surprises for me for sure

i hope you sign rene .

nice wee loan fee for us sheep botherer,s

he may turn out to be the cafe/pub owner

he has been a wucky ass ett for a few years now .

best o luck in getting him .

We've already had this joke :o And we came to the conclusion that I'm not old or British enough to understand it xD

Also, I still thought Rene was our asset...?

I'm very sorry to hear this about Ben. He seemed to be doing pretty well to me. I really thought we had at least one of our Reserve berths sorted.

I hope that Ben isn't out for very long.

Preferably not out at all.

I'm very sorry to hear this about Ben. He seemed to be doing pretty well to me. I really thought we had at least one of our Reserve berths sorted.

I hope that Ben isn't out for very long.

Preferably not out at all.

Well he continued on the night, I'm not suggesting he won't be out at all, he might miss the meetings this week, but hopefully, he'll be back in our team soon? It'd be interesting, if we do need a guest, if we use Alfie, maybe it'd be like a little trial at the club for him, see if he fails or not

• Like 2

It'd be interesting, if we do need a guest, if we use Alfie, maybe it'd be like a little trial at the club for him, see if he fails or not

Alfie at home, Shanes on the road ?

• Like 1

Rene has never been a Newcastle asset.

He was Peterborough and then Workington.

Thanks for the information, I didn't know that

Alfie at home, Shanes on the road ?

That'd be great, but I really don't see Shanes happening, for anyone in our league

That'd be great, but I really don't see Shanes happening, for anyone in our league

use them both as guests, if possible. Edited by ruffdiamond

I see Greenwood has been dropped already - in favour of Bowtell this time.

Was he on a short term contract?

Was a No brainer.... and good to see our promotion acting quickly to strengthen where possible.

Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 2

Revolving door policy?

No, just answering problems that others point out, and a club responding to it. Others clubs sometimes don't, but nice to see we our doing it.

Dan didn't look comfortable the last time he rode for us and looks equally unhappy this time. Bowtell looked like a small track rider on Sunday, and was prepared to give it a go, despite going into the corner a bit tight and too early. He will learn how to ride Brough, and I think be a decent rider at the end of the season.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

Revolving door policy?

'Last in, first oot' ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

No, just answering problems that others point out, and a club responding to it. Others clubs sometimes don't, but nice to see we our doing it.

Dan didn't look comfortable the last time he rode for us and looks equally unhappy this time. Bowtell looked like a small track rider on Sunday, and was prepared to give it a go, despite going into the corner a bit tight and too early. He will learn how to ride Brough, and I think be a decent rider at the end of the season.

Really does beg the question why we turned to him in the first place !! panic knee jerk reaction me thinks.

Have to say, a lot happier with this choice, but don't expect an immediate world beater! If he gets his two points that will do for a starter.

Who owns him?

• Like 2

Great news well done to the promotion for getting Bowtell sorted quick one of the best 2 pointer performances at Brough Park this season, and still didn't get the points he deserved paid 7/9 if not for bad luck and inexperience. Even if he struggles least its somebody new who will learn from experience Greenwood was not or even looked like he would.