British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

Alfie has become a firm favourite for the Hammers this year. He is an out and out racer and I am sure he will do well for you.

• Like 1

Really does beg the question why we turned to him in the first place !! panic knee jerk reaction me thinks.

Have to say, a lot happier with this choice, but don't expect an immediate world beater! If he gets his two points that will do for a starter.

Who owns him?

Unfortunately in some people's eyes on here the promotion are damned if they do and damned if they don't, they should be commended for acting quickly to sign Alfie up after an impressive showing on Sunday.

• Like 2

Unfortunately in some people's eyes on here the promotion are damned if they do and damned if they don't, they should be commended for acting quickly to sign Alfie up after an impressive showing on Sunday.

I don't think he could be any worse so should be interesting to see how he goes. Made an impressive first impression at Brough.

Any news on Hopwood after his fall last night?

Really does beg the question why we turned to him in the first place !! panic knee jerk reaction me thinks.

Have to say, a lot happier with this choice, but don't expect an immediate world beater! If he gets his two points that will do for a starter.

Who owns him?

Perhaps they thought that he might have improved, more than he actually has? Or a whole host of other reasons, but, as mentioned, they listened to the fans and made a change.

It was a good showing on Sunday. Hopefully we won't need to make anymore reserve changes after this. Unfortunate to hear about Hopwood, he's becoming a decent reserve for the diamonds. Hope its not too serious. Bowtell may not be a world beater, but scoring 4 on your debut at Brough is a good way to get noticed, and obviously, it paid off for him.

• Like 1

Perhaps they thought that he might have improved, more than he actually has? Or a whole host of other reasons, but, as mentioned, they listened to the fans and made a change.

If they listened to the fans and made changes based on that, then the only rider who would remain would be worrall!!

Each of the others has been targeted to be dropped by various fans (granted not always for the most logical reasons)!

• Like 1

The only reason riders have been 'targeted' is because we needed to team change to get a proper play off challenge kick started, (might be too late now? Who knows) But I think if this change works, there'll be less calls for team changes, or there will be from me anyway... Best top 5 in the leagues (definitely not bias :o ) And if we have decent reserves too, I'm not complaining :)

Who owns him?

I believe Alfie is contracted to Rye House and on loan to Lakeside. he has been getting among the points In the NL

Edited by dantodan

If they listened to the fans and made changes based on that, then the only rider who would remain would be worrall!!

Each of the others has been targeted to be dropped by various fans (granted not always for the most logical reasons)!

Fans prerogative to air their views when some riders are below par and the team doesn't perform. As s Redcar fan I find yours a funny comment given the teams and criticism aired by Redcsr fans regarding recent team members.

It was a good showing on Sunday. Hopefully we won't need to make anymore reserve changes after this. Unfortunate to hear about Hopwood, he's becoming a decent reserve for the diamonds. Hope its not too serious. Bowtell may not be a world beater, but scoring 4 on your debut at Brough is a good way to get noticed, and obviously, it paid off for him.

If only our Berwick promotion could have been as proactive as the Diamonds and snapped up Bowtell, we might very well have had something to smile about this week. Good luck to the lad and you Diamonds, he might very well turn out to be the ace in the pack for you.

• Like 1

listened to the fans?😂😂... Stevie Wonder could see that Coles was struggling desperately.

Amazing how many Redcar fans are posting again these days, nice to see after all this time😂😂

Edited by Arson fire

Fans prerogative to air their views when some riders are below par and the team doesn't perform. As s Redcar fan I find yours a funny comment given the teams and criticism aired by Redcsr fans regarding recent team members.

I was highlighting that despite what some posters are saying, management don't act on fans comments, they will decide themselves on best course of action.

Sadly I found your comments highly predictable!

If only our Berwick promotion could have been as proactive as the Diamonds and snapped up Bowtell, we might very well have had something to smile about this week. Good luck to the lad and you Diamonds, he might very well turn out to be the ace in the pack for you.

Hopefully, but our main aim is trying to beat the Bandits for most team changes in a season. ;)

• Like 1

One thing the Diamonds are guaranteed from signing Alfie Bowtell is 100% effort. The young man gives it everything and is very willing to learn from his more experienced team mates. He's also lovely with the fans. I wish him all the best in taking the step up.

One thing the Diamonds are guaranteed from signing Alfie Bowtell is 100% effort. The young man gives it everything and is very willing to learn from his more experienced team mates. He's also lovely with the fans. I wish him all the best in taking the step up.

I agree. I hope the Diamonds fans don't expect too much too soon. Alfie is young and inexperienced and still has a lot too learn. He is still inconsistent but the great thing, as others have said, is that he is dead keen and wants to learn. He came to the Lakeside track which didn't suit his style but he has impressed everyone with the way he has buckled down and learnt to ride it. Given time I am sure he will prove to be a good signing for the Diamonds.

• Like 1