British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

I agree. I hope the Diamonds fans don't expect too much too soon. Alfie is young and inexperienced and still has a lot too learn. He is still inconsistent but the great thing, as others have said, is that he is dead keen and wants to learn. He came to the Lakeside track which didn't suit his style but he has impressed everyone with the way he has buckled down and learnt to ride it. Given time I am sure he will prove to be a good signing for the Diamonds.

Well he was very impressive on Sunday, maybe didnt beat much but attacked the track from his first ride... something alot of seasoned heat leaders dont do year in year out.

He looked steady and assured and that he had something about him.

• Like 1

Good signing Alfie, learn Brough Park's tricky track and you will go away a much better rider.

Does anyone know how bad Ben Hopwood's foot injury is ?

Well he was very impressive on Sunday, maybe didnt beat much but attacked the track from his first ride... something alot of seasoned heat leaders dont do year in year out.

He looked steady and assured and that he had something about him.

That doesn't surprise me. He is not short of bottle. I can't remember who it was against but a few weeks ago two opponents made gThe gate and were team riding, keeping Alfie out. 90% of riders, especially those with limited experience like Alfie ve settled for third but Alfie kept on trying to split them in the gutsiest ride I've seen for a long time, riding really close. Eventually one of the others fell off and Alfie got excluded on a near 50/50 call by the ref, but far better someone goes down fighting than settling for a safe third.

But, as I said before, keep in mind that he is young and inexperienced, and don't expect miracles every meeting

• Like 3

impressed with him on sunday if the two reserves can get 3 points each home and away they will more than done there job,then its down to the other top 5 to perform then maybe have a chance of picking up a few away wins or at least getting a point in meetings where we would,nt have and might have an outside chance of making play off,s if only a slim chance

A question...

Adam Ellis' new PL average (as of 10/07/2017) is going to be 4.17... He started the year on a 7.64 average...

If, for example and this is purely just an example, we dropped Ashley and brought in Adam Ellis, would his average for our league be 4.17 or 7.64 (which wouldn't fit) The two leagues shared averages at the beginning of the year, would this now be the case for the rest of the season? And season's to come?

This is just examples because I think I'd prefer Ashley over Adam anyway, but it's just a rule I'm curious about how the averages for the PL and CL work...

Adam Ellis would be a bargain on a 4.17 average!!!

• Like 1

A question...

Adam Ellis' new PL average (as of 10/07/2017) is going to be 4.17... He started the year on a 7.64 average...

If, for example and this is purely just an example, we dropped Ashley and brought in Adam Ellis, would his average for our league be 4.17 or 7.64 (which wouldn't fit) The two leagues shared averages at the beginning of the year, would this now be the case for the rest of the season? And season's to come?

This is just examples because I think I'd prefer Ashley over Adam anyway, but it's just a rule I'm curious about how the averages for the PL and CL work...

Adam Ellis would be a bargain on a 4.17 average!!!

As far as I am aware his 4.17 average would have a conversion rate for the championship,what that rate is hasn't been made public,strange that as the BSPA were wanting to be transparent allegedly.

• Like 3

As far as I am aware his 4.17 average would have a conversion rate for the championship,what that rate is hasn't been made public,strange that as the BSPA were wanting to be transparent allegedly.

Thanks for the information :t: Damn BSPA!!

Been told it's x 1.2

Good 2nd place for Connor Coles in the The Vincents's Motorcycles and Antiques Individual at Isle of Wight last night and a 3rd place by Alfie Bowtell :t:

Really happy to see Alfie get a Championship place. You can never fault his effort and he'll definitely pick up points. Was disappointed to see him leave Mildenhall at the end of last season but it has certainly worked in his favour.

Been told it's x 1.2

Which makes Adam Ellis a 5.00 rider, still a massive bargain imo, an international on a 5.00 :P Haha

Good 2nd place for Connor Coles in the The Vincents's Motorcycles and Antiques Individual at Isle of Wight last night and a 3rd place by Alfie Bowtell :t:

Didn't even know that was a meeting lol, but well done to all involved, especially Connor and Alfie

Really happy to see Alfie get a Championship place. You can never fault his effort and he'll definitely pick up points. Was disappointed to see him leave Mildenhall at the end of last season but it has certainly worked in his favour.

He did really well last Sunday, if he can ride Brough like that every week, he'll do great!! What is his style? Does he like tight tracks and hate big tracks? Slow and steady (a bit like Ben Hopwood) or just quick around everywhere?

Edited by Dandelion

Bowtell to be on the chopping block next?

Why? He's the best of the three we've tried this season.

Bowtell to be on the chopping block next?

Christ thats a bit rich from a panthers fan😂😂

Lindgren and Morris would be my personal choices though👍

• Like 1

Christ thats a bit rich from a panthers fan

Lindgren and Morris would be my personal choices though

He would be mine too.

Oooops!!!

We have both just upset Dandelion. :o;):D:P

• Like 1