British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

No Holder on Sunday NL guest

This keeps getting mentioned as part of the "deal" Peterbro' have made - but has it actually been confirmed as yet???

How many meeting's are yet to be rearranged this season

Looking at the remaining fixtures left this season, I have got a suggestion to get them all completed which might potentially work:

13/08/2017 (H) CLB - Peterborough

20/08/2017 (H) CLB - Glasgow and KOC Meeting (5:30pm start) - double header

26/08/2017 (A) CLB - Glasgow and KOC Meeting (6pm start) - double header

27/08/2017 (H) CLB - Scunthorpe / CLA - Redcar (TBC)

28/08/2017 (A) CLB - Scunthorpe (3pm)

30/08/2017 (A) CLB - Peterborough

02/09/2017 (A) CLB - Berwick

03/09/2017 (H) CLA - Redcar / CLB - Scunthorpe (TBC)

09/09/17 (A) CLA - Workington

10/09/17 or 11/09/17 (H) (TBC) (tricky to get a fixture arranged on these dates??)

17/09/17 (H) CLB - Sheffield

30/09/2017 (A) CLB - Workington

01/10/2017 (H) CLB - Redcar

15/10/2017 (H) CLB- Workington

This solution is possible. Could we run two home fixtures one week potentially on a off race night??

They have offered Sunday 27th August to Redcar for the A fixture at home, they may need to find a new date for Scunthorpe. The Newcastle management think we haven't got a chance of getting in the play-offs this season, in that case our fixtures could be arranged well into October.

Looking at the remaining fixtures left this season, I have got a suggestion to get them all completed which might potentially work:

13/08/2017 (H) CLB - Peterborough

20/08/2017 (H) CLB - Glasgow and KOC Meeting (5:30pm start) - double header

26/08/2017 (A) CLB - Glasgow and KOC Meeting (6pm start) - double header

27/08/2017 (H) CLB - Scunthorpe / CLA - Redcar (TBC)

28/08/2017 (A) CLB - Scunthorpe (3pm)

30/08/2017 (A) CLB - Peterborough

02/09/2017 (A) CLB - Berwick

03/09/2017 (H) CLA - Redcar / CLB - Scunthorpe (TBC)

09/09/17 (A) CLA - Workington

10/09/17 or 11/09/17 (H) (TBC) (tricky to get a fixture arranged on these dates??)

17/09/17 (H) CLB - Sheffield

30/09/2017 (A) CLB - Workington

01/10/2017 (H) CLB - Redcar

15/10/2017 (H) CLB- Workington

This solution is possible. Could we run two home fixtures one week potentially on a off race night??

They have offered Sunday 27th August to Redcar for the A fixture at home, they may need to find a new date for Scunthorpe. The Newcastle management think we haven't got a chance of getting in the play-offs this season, in that case our fixtures could be arranged well into October.

Yes, against teams who are not fighting for a play-off place, but those who are (Sheffield and possibly even Redcar) will want to come before the cut-off date, I would think?

Edited by Steve Park

Yes, against teams who are not fighting for a play-off place, but those who are (Sheffield and possibly even Redcar) will want to come before the cut-off date, I would think?

Sheffield is before the cut-off date of 18th September for the Championship.

Too true they will. Seems strange to get to August and still not met Redcar at home. It's just been unfortunate for BSPA reasons, so no naughty avoidance by Newcastle.

• Like 1

This was George's comments in the latest speedway round up... Is he taking the p*ss... We have no strength in depth, that's been our biggest problem all year, by far... And we might climb the table... But it'll never be enough for the play offs... I can understand him having to stay positive until it's mathematically impossible... But come on... If we're basing our 'strength in depth' on THAT Peterborough team... There's something wrong...

NEWCASTLE – “Our strength in depth played out well for the win as we try to ascend the league table.” Diamonds’ boss George English felt their all-around strength was crucial in a hard-fought win over Peterborough.

This was George's comments in the latest speedway round up... Is he taking the p*ss... We have no strength in depth, that's been our biggest problem all year, by far... And we might climb the table... But it'll never be enough for the play offs... I can understand him having to stay positive until it's mathematically impossible... But come on... If we're basing our 'strength in depth' on THAT Peterborough team... There's something wrong...

NEWCASTLE – “Our strength in depth played out well for the win as we try to ascend the league table.” Diamonds’ boss George English felt their all-around strength was crucial in a hard-fought win over Peterborough.[/size]

George is a promoter, he has to stay positive,,, its a bit like a shop trying to sell you something, they wouldn't tell you it was sh!t even if they knew it was,,, its upto the consumer to make the decision to buy it or not.

as an example, if you look at whats been happening at Peterborough, it seems that their promoter has given up on any chance that his team has for this season and, has off-loaded his valueable commodity and made something back in return (or rumoured to have),,, and the poor guy is getting dragged thru the coals, ye just can't win ;)

George is a promoter, he has to stay positive,,, its a bit like a shop trying to sell you something, they wouldn't tell you it was sh!t even if they knew it was,,, its upto the consumer to make the decision to buy it or not.

as an example, if you look at whats been happening at Peterborough, it seems that their promoter has given up on any chance that his team has for this season and, has off-loaded his valueable commodity and made something back in return (or rumoured to have),,, and the poor guy is getting dragged thru the coals, ye just can't win ;)

Rathbone has sh#t on his own nest. IMO .Time will tell.
  • Like 1

Rathbone has sh#t on his own nest. IMO .Time will tell.

he's done what he has done and, its upto his customers to decide if they buy it or not,,, I was just trying to use it as example of what could/might happen.

• Like 1

NEWCASTLE – “Our strength in depth played out well for the win as we try to ascend the league table.” Diamonds’ boss George English felt their all-around strength was crucial in a hard-fought win over Peterborough.

Compared to peterbro we did have strength in depth!

I can understand English wanting to present a positive attitude, but he does come out with some statements that (imo) make him look a bit foolish and making excuses all the time. I note that the reason we didn't qualify from 4s semi was not due to Lambert being missing or Morris having a prang, but to track being watered and graded after heat 4 not heat 5 :o

• Like 1

Black and white diamond glasses come to mind , has been for years always something or somebody to blame track, referees,injury etc nowt will change .

• Like 1

I'm not trying to slag George off, I'm just saying, what he said in the weekly round up was a bit strange... Overall, I think he's amazing for the club...

On another note... There are a few riders on bargain averages around...

Theo Pijper... 4.23

(a fit) Lewis Bridger... 6.59

Kyle Newman... 6.15

Paul Starke... 6.96

Ludvig Lindgren... 6.97

Jason Garrity... 7.52

Tero Aarnio... 5.21

Lewis Kerr... 6.71

Fernando Garcia... 4.40

Lewis Rose... 6.58

It could be an exciting winter to come if these averages stay similar to what they are now, I'd take Theo/Kerr/Garrity all day on them averages... :t:

Must also add, I'm glad to see Dan Greenwood get a team place at Kent, felt sorry for him when he was dropped by us, although I did understand it

I've watched the Diamonds only once this season due to other commitments, can anyone give any opinions on the team overall. Just from looking at the squad and averages, it seems very top-heavy.

I've watched the Diamonds only once this season due to other commitments, can anyone give any opinions on the team overall. Just from looking at the squad and averages, it seems very top-heavy.

If you read the Thread from the start there are quite few opinions, on that very subject, on here already PolybiusAL.

Not being funny - hope this helps. :t::)

Interesting name Polybius. A Greek Historian - I think. B)