Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

I know it's very early and the play-offs are still to come, but I thought I'd just share with you a few of my thoughts after watching tonight's meeting and what I'd love to see

First of all, the riders this year, they have all done themselves proud and all of them have improved, even Danny to an extent, and all deserve praise, they are so close to becoming a success in two tournaments, the KOC and the Play-Offs

Steve Worrall - Been great all year scoring big points starting at number 5 and has also been a great out and out number 1 for us when he's been in that position, there's no one else that I want more to come back next year, but will he want to push on to full time EL? That could make our break our team next year

Victor Palovaara - I must admit, I've been pleasantly surprised by Victor this year, he's been a very solid number 2 and would have been an even better reserve if it weren't for unfortunate injuries striking Lewis :( Would love to see Victor back next year, but I have a feeling a certain Glasgow Tigers might have something to say about that one

Matej Kus - Another pleasant surprise for me this year, Matej has far exceeded what I thought he would achieve this year, especially very recently, he's been a great heat leader in a solid line up and I'd like to see our asset back next year for sure :)

Ludvig Lindgren - Lightning has been my favorite rider again this year, although that might be a little bias, the captain deserves another place in the team next year after CONSISTENT home AND away scores throughout the year, he's a great second string to have too :t:

Robert Lambert - Robert has been great for the most part this year, but sometimes with the large expectations and world class reputation on his young shoulders, he has had a few off races (by his high standards) and this to me shows that he needs a few more years in the PL before he moves full time EL and abroad, however I see him trying to find a Polish team place and if he does, good luck for the future Robert, and it would be a very nice Christmas gift if we heard of your return to the Diamonds in 2017

Ashley Morris - Can't judge Ashley too much considering this is only the second time I've seen him in Newcastle colors tonight, although he does look very solid and I think he'd make a great reserve for next year if he wants to come back :)

Danny Phillips - I can see it myself, Danny has got slightly faster throughout the year, although it is FAR too early for him, I'm no expert but I would suggest he needs more time in the NL to develop before he tries the PL again, he has tonnes of potential but I don't want that to be ruined along with his confidence every week at PL level, I hope to see him, a much better rider, in a few years time beating quality PL riders

Lewis Rose - I don't care what anyone says, he's the best reserve in the league by far and he's been our main key to success this year in my opinion and he is a must keep for 2017, even though he'll be in the main body, I think he can do a very good job for us there :)

Tero Aarnio - Season cut far too short for Tero this year and I feel so sorry for him considering he was just kicking on as well :( Hope he recovers from his injury and operation quick so he can prove himself and find a team somewhere in 2017

As for team thoughts for next year, I'd love to see Rene Bach back if he riders like he did tonight (As he hinted, he'd like to return :) ), and Steve Worrall and Victor would be nice too, but there could be other teams (Glasgow and Belle Vue) standing in our way there :(

(Assuming the rules that applied this year are the same for next year)

If Steve returns this would be a good team in my opinion

1. Steve Worrall 8.98

2. Lewis Rose 5.86

3. Victor Palovaara 5.49

4. Ludvig Lindgren 7.37

5. Rene Bach 7.18

6. Ashley Morris 4.37

7. Connor Mountain 3.00

Total 42.25

However if Steve wants to move on, this would be nice :)

1. Aaron Summers 8.18 / Robert Lambert 8.30

2. Lewis Rose 5.86

3. Matej Kus 6.22

4. Ludvig Lindgren 7.37

5. Rene Bach 7.18

6. Ashley Morris 4.37

7. Connor Mountain 3.00

Total 42.18 / 42.30

Both teams would suit me, as long as the riders were all happy, and if we signed Rene, he's unlikely to be away on EL duties every other meeting, which is an important thing we need to tackle next year

What are everyone else's thought on this other than "It's too early" :D

I'm obnoxious for starting this I know, but I love team building and I love looking to the future to see which riders we might be watching next

I have a feeling Viktor won't be back with us (Glasgow) next year just think we will keep faith with young Nike who is coming on leaps & bounds and is on a lower average and has just as much potential.

If Aaron is back with us next year i think Rene will too but you never know

Two good looking teams though :t: .

Edited by Gazc

No point in anybody making 2017 plans until the league structures are known.

Hope the EL won't force too much change upon PL, but.......

• Like 1

Just tell them to do one.

• Like 3

Can you not use your wealth off influence and tell them politely to bolt

Steve Worrall - Been great all year scoring big points starting at number 5 and has also been a great out and out number 1 for us when he's been in that position, there's no one else that I want more to come back next year, but will he want to push on to full time EL? That could make our break our team next year

Steve is already full time EL.

I have a feeling Viktor won't be back with us (Glasgow) next year just think we will keep faith with young Nike who is coming on leaps & bounds and is on a lower average and has just as much potential.

If Aaron is back with us next year i think Rene will too but you never know

Two good looking teams though :t: .

Someone has to make way at Glasgow due to averages, all I'm saying is that if it's Rene or Aaron I'm sure they'd be welcomed at Newcastle :) Hope Victor comes back, I've loved watching him

Are Aaron and Rene good mates like, or what makes you say that?

Steve is already full time EL.

I meant EL without a PL team :P

Be shocked if bach and newman wernt in the frame.

Love to see both of them back :) Whatever happened to Dakota too? He seems to have been growing well in the EL and has disappeared this year, did he quit or just not get a visa? Never got to see him in Newcastle colors but I've heard stuff and I think he'd do good, last PL average he had was a 6.44 too, or would it now be a converted EL average? Just thinking

Are Aaron and Rene good mates like, or what makes you say that?

They are good mates it was Aaron that contacted Rene initially about Glasgow but think i will hang fire until we know what league we are in first.

They are good mates it was Aaron that contacted Rene initially about Glasgow but think i will hang fire until we know what league we are in first.

Didn't know that, That's great :)

I think that is the sensible thing to do, but I just find it interesting to see what teams are possible, I'm not for one minute suggesting anything realistic, because nothing is realistic until the meeting thing happens

Didn't know that, That's great :)

I think that is the sensible thing to do, but I just find it interesting to see what teams are possible, I'm not for one minute suggesting anything realistic, because nothing is realistic until the meeting thing happens

Nothing wrong with that alway's good to look at different permutations :t: .

Last i heard of Dak was his father had took ill down under and had decided to stay in Aus this year.

Edited by Gazc

Nothing wrong with that alway's good to look at different permutations :t: .

Last i heard of Dak was his father had took ill down under and had decided to stay in Aus this year.

It is good :)

Oh no :( I hope his father is ok

Perfect team would be the same 7 riders week in week out , not going missing for EL or swedish meetings .

• Like 3

1. Lambert/Worrall

2. Rose

3. Palavaara

4. Lindgren

5. Lambert/Worrall

6. Morris

7. ???

if the rules are the same and they fit,,,

I think there is a good chance that it will be 6 man teams next season. No idea what the combined average per team will be and whether they continue with an NL 3 pointer at number 6 and, say, a supplementary reserve at no.5 (or wherever in the team), remains to be seen. Very little appears to be coming out of the practice matches held at King's Lynn, so really, once again, we have no idea what's going on!