Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

According to Twitter he's riding on Sunday....

https://twitter.com/diamondspeedway/status/877253204362350592

So maybe he hasn't broken anything? Or maybe Twitter is assuming, anyway, I'd prefer Steve to be fit and riding, I was just worried he'd be out for a month or so and we'd be stuck with R/R with Ludvig, Rose and Ashley taking rides.....

Anyway.....

How long is Steve going to be out for?

He is riding for Belle Vue tonight at Kings Lynn
  • Like 1

Excellent news!

So no apparent ill effects (that we know of) after doing 24 laps flat out on Monday.

Made of stern stuff these riders

• Like 2

Excellent news!

So no apparent ill effects (that we know of) after doing 24 laps flat out on Monday.

great,,, maybe a few days rest done the job.

New averages from 26th June

Robert 9.65

Steve 8.81

Ludde 6.71

Lewis 6.27

Ash 4.95

Ben 2.44 (effective from yesterday 22nd June)

Dan 2.00

Ttl 40.83

• Like 1

It has in the SS this week that Lindgren's poor home form recently is because he is struggling to get the right set up at present for brough. So after riding Newcastle since 2013 he still doesn't know the right set up for the place?

We hear the same excuses spouted out season after season. Yet the management put up with it all the time it's just not good enough.

• Like 3

It has in the SS this week that Lindgren's poor home form recently is because he is struggling to get the right set up at present for brough. So after riding Newcastle since 2013 he still doesn't know the right set up for the place?

We hear the same excuses spouted out season after season. Yet the management put up with it all the time it's just not good enough.

That answers the home problems , what's his excuse for his away performances ?

• Like 2

I'm no expert, by any stretch of the imagination, but, if he's riding a different make of engine this year, will that not mean the set up has to be different?

• Like 1

Excellent news!

Stevie, among other things, discusses his wrist injury here:

http://www.newcastlediamonds.co/news/article.asp?id=100736

That answers the home problems , what's his excuse for his away performances ?

He's just not very good?

I'm no expert, by any stretch of the imagination, but, if he's riding a different make of engine this year, will that not mean the set up has to be different?

Quite possibly yes. But he's had poor spells at home in recent seasons so what's the excuse for that?

Lindgren has used the GRT all season apart from last week so he should have a set up by now ! its not excuse he used a GTR last year in the PLKOC so it isn't new to him he's had plenty of time on one ! I think it's time he stopped blaming his equipment and looked at himself

• Like 1

Riders always decide the set up of the bikes so can't blame the mechanic ! But hopefully he can get in the points this weekend

i hope you sign rene , it will be a nice wee loan fee for workington !

• Like 1

Lindgren has used the GRT all season apart from last week so he should have a set up by now ! its not excuse he used a GTR last year in the PLKOC so it isn't new to him he's had plenty of time on one ! I think it's time he stopped blaming his equipment and looked at himself

He has and he has binned the GTR's.