British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

I see Lambert is OK to ride for kings Lynn tonight.

I wonder if the (alleged) low rate of pay yesterday might have influenced him (and maybe some others) to decide it was better to rest than risk his injury?

I certainly don't think that anybody would begrudged Robert a bit of R and R after all the massive crashes he has had in the last few weeks. Given he started with that broken scaffoid and has had heavy tumbles again last week at Brough, in the U-21 in Poland and this week in heat 15 at KL. He's lucky he is able to race at all.

• Like 2

I see Lambert is OK to ride for kings Lynn tonight.

I wonder if the (alleged) low rate of pay yesterday might have influenced him (and maybe some others) to decide it was better to rest than risk his injury?

I doubt it. He also missed a potentially bigger pay night on the Saturday at Leicester. He could have easily ridden at Leicester and then pulled out of the fours on sunday morning claiming he had aggravated one (or more) of his injuries the previous evening if he wasn't as badly injured.

I certainly don't think that anybody would begrudged Robert a bit of R and R after all the massive crashes he has had in the last few weeks. Given he started with that broken scaffoid and has had heavy tumbles again last week at Brough, in the U-21 in Poland and this week in heat 15 at KL. He's lucky he is able to race at all.

Don't think anyone is holding anything against him, I've thought he's needed a rest for a few weeks now,since the world cup finished... Glad he's been sensible enough to take some times out, rest well Robert :t:

• Like 1

I just worried for my speedway team... I've already heard people say that the stadium is going to be bought out, and no more speedway, if the Diamonds don't have the money and aren't making a profit... What will the stadium owners do? I don't mean to disrespect anyone, or belittle the work that the track staff do, it's invaluable, but speedway is a struggling sport at the best of times...

it might pay for you to attend a pre-season staff meeting, or approach the management/promotion and present any proposed plans you have to alleviate the situation. With a bit of persistence you could make tracks.

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

I just worried for my speedway team... I've already heard people say that the stadium is going to be bought out, and no more speedway, if the Diamonds don't have the money and aren't making a profit... What will the stadium owners do? I don't mean to disrespect anyone, or belittle the work that the track staff do, it's invaluable, but speedway is a struggling sport at the best of times...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_defunct_motorcycle_speedway_teams_in_the_United_Kingdom

How many of this list do you think are down to financial reasons... Probably most I would say

The stadium was bought out by a consortium of national bookmakers and who own the BAGS contract. It is that group that is refurbishing the main stand facilities at the present moment.

The stadium was bought out by a consortium of national bookmakers and who own the BAGS contract. It is that group that is refurbishing the main stand facilities at the present moment.

didn't ARC it from under the noses of SIS ?,,, not sure what difference it makes, but am sure they are different companies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_defunct_motorcycle_speedway_teams_in_the_United_Kingdom

How many of this list do you think are down to financial reasons... Probably most I would say

The List doesn't even mention the Sunderland 1964 Team. :sad::sad::sad:

But could that effect the Diamonds future if the new owners don't want speedway at their stadium? Equally, could it do the opposite and could we be the next Glasgow?

The List doesn't even mention the Sunderland 1964 Team. :sad::sad::sad:

It IS Wikipedia... It's not exactly a good source, you can add the 1964 team yourself

Edit: The White Knight, I have added the 1964 team for you but I know nothing about them, so tell me if it's wrong :P

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 1

But could that effect the Diamonds future if the new owners don't want speedway at their stadium? Equally, could it do the opposite and could we be the next Glasgow?

It IS Wikipedia... It's not exactly a good source, you can add the 1964 team yourself

Edit: The White Knight, I have added the 1964 team for you but I know nothing about them, so tell me if it's wrong :P

Every stadium could decide to kick speedway out if their prime industry gave them enough profit. At Brough and all the doggy stadiums, speedway helps them pay bills and keep them out of debt. Even with £0.5M from BAGS meetings, we are paying the rates and upkeep of the stadium through our stadium rent.

Don't hold your breath waiting to be the new Glasgow, unless I win the lottery of course. :D

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

Every stadium could decide to kick speedway up if their prime industry gave them enough profit. At Brough and all the doggy stadiums, speedway helps them pay bills and keep them out of debt. Even with £0.5M from BAGS meetings, we are paying the rates and upkeep of the stadium through our stadium rent.

Don't hold your breath waiting to be the new Glasgow, unless I win the lottery of course. :D

I just hope that Newcastle dogs don't decide to do it :P It's good to hear that we are still managing to pay rent and aren't struggling

Tbh, I'd hate us to be the new Glasgow, as long as we survive, money ruins sport and I prefer clubs that just scrape by, adds more character to them and it shows that you don't need a tonne of money to win everything, the underdogs

Thank you very much for that Dandelion. You are a superstar.

Again - many thanks.

Ian.

Thank you very much for that Dandelion. You are a superstar.

Again - many thanks.

Ian.

I assume that means I got the few things right, no problem :):t:

I assume that means I got the few things right, no problem :):t:

Just one thing to alter - I am going to have a go myself. If I get stuck I'll get back to you. :t::)

EDIT:

Hi Dandelion

I did it!!!!

Thank you so much for your help. I have joined Wikipedia. :t:

Ian.

Edited by The White Knight

I just hope that Newcastle dogs don't decide to do it :P It's good to hear that we are still managing to pay rent and aren't struggling

Tbh, I'd hate us to be the new Glasgow, as long as we survive, money ruins sport and I prefer clubs that just scrape by, adds more character to them and it shows that you don't need a tonne of money to win everything, the underdogs

Without the money that our owners paid to purchase Glasgow Speedway ultimately in all likelihood saved the club from your Wikipedia list.

Then we would have no club to support, so what would you rather have happened.

No we don't want your money in case your money ruins the sport we want to scrape by and go to the wall in a season or two, really are you for real.

And it isn't money that is ruining the sport far from it.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 3

Without the money that our owners paid to purchase Glasgow Speedway ultimately in all likelihood saved the club from your Wikipedia list.

Then we would have no club to support, so what would you rather have happened.

No we don't want your money in case your money ruins the sport we want to scrape by and go to the wall in a season or two, really are you for real.

And it isn't money that is ruining the sport far from it.

Errrrrm - it is certainly helping.

• Like 1