Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

Errrrrm - it is certainly helping.

It is probably more money the sport needs, the ludicrous rules that are in place is more damaging D/Up D/Down Tac Rides etc etc the list is endless.

• Like 3

It is probably more money the sport needs, the ludicrous rules that are in place is more damaging D/Up D/Down Tac Rides etc etc the list is endless.

Now I can 100% agree with that.

Just one thing to alter - I am going to have a go myself. If I get stuck I'll get back to you. :t::)

EDIT:

Hi Dandelion

I did it!!!!

Thank you so much for your help. I have joined Wikipedia. :t:

Ian.

Haha, I'm glad you got it, but you don't have to sign in to edit it!! Wikipedia can be very useful for useless facts though :P .....Exactly...

Without the money that our owners paid to purchase Glasgow Speedway ultimately in all likelihood saved the club from your Wikipedia list.

Then we would have no club to support, so what would you rather have happened.

No we don't want your money in case your money ruins the sport we want to scrape by and go to the wall in a season or two, really are you for real.

And it isn't money that is ruining the sport far from it.

You seem to have misunderstood what I meant, I mean I didn't really explain it well, but yes, what the owners have done for Glasgow is great and I think they have turned a relatively unsuccessful team into one of the better team in the country, well done to them... But what I do think, like football, if too much money gets involved... It can ruin the sport, the big teams will buy the best riders and the small teams will be left with what is left... I don't think that would make for a very interesting league table... I would have hated to see Glasgow go bust, as I would hate to see ANY team go bust, I didn't mean it that way...

Now I can 100% agree with that.

I can agree that the rules and too much money would ruin the sport... We need just the perfect amount :P Enough to survive but not too much where certain teams become too powerful... How boring must watching the Premier League be with seeing the same 5 or 6 teams at the top every year (with exception of Leicester)

Edited by Dandelion

Haha, I'm glad you got it, but you don't have to sign in to edit it!! Wikipedia can be very useful for useless facts though :P .....Exactly...

You seem to have misunderstood what I meant, I mean I didn't really explain it well, but yes, what the owners have done for Glasgow is great and I think they have turned a relatively unsuccessful team into one of the better team in the country, well done to them... But what I do think, like football, if too much money gets involved... It can ruin the sport, the big teams will buy the best riders and the small teams will be left with what is left... I don't think that would make for a very interesting league table... I would have hated to see Glasgow go bust, as I would hate to see ANY team go bust, I didn't mean it that way...

I can agree that the rules and too much money would ruin the sport... We need just the perfect amount :P Enough to survive but not too much where certain teams become too powerful... How boring must watching the Premier League be with seeing the same 5 or 6 teams at the top every year (with exception of Leicester)

Damn it!!!

I have run out of 'Likes'.

I like your Post Dandelion. :t::approve: :approve: :approve:

Damn it!!!

I have run out of 'Likes'.

I like your Post Dandelion. :t::approve::approve::approve:

You can run out of likes on here? I didn't know :P That seems stupid... You're not allowed to like anything because you've liked too much in the past...

With regard to wikipedia, ref Sunderland Speedway. In 1971- 1974, Sunderland Stars/ Gladiators raced in the British League Division 2, not the National League as stated. 71 - 73 they rode as the "Stars", then in 74 as the "Gladiators". Among the notable riders were Russ Dent, George Barclay and Jack Millen.

"The Mackem"

With regard to wikipedia, ref Sunderland Speedway. In 1971- 1974, Sunderland Stars/ Gladiators raced in the British League Division 2, not the National League as stated. 71 - 73 they rode as the "Stars", then in 74 as the "Gladiators". Among the notable riders were Russ Dent, George Barclay and Jack Millen.

"The Mackem"

I've edited all the changes scarletrider. :t:

I've edited all the changes scarletrider. :t:

You're getting into that, aren't you? :P

• Like 1

How many meeting's are yet to be rearranged this season

it will be quite a few IMO ,I guess about 12-15 across the two leagues.

You're getting into that, aren't you? :P

Yes Dandelion, thanks to you. :t::approve:

I've just made another small Edit. (Div. 2). :o

Thanks again. :t:

Ian. :)

How many meeting's are yet to be rearranged this season

Off the top of my head:

HOME: Sheffield, Redcar (twice) and Workington. AWAY: Sheffield and Workington. PLUS the KOC match with Glasgow (home and away) to arrange.

Off the top of my head:

HOME: Sheffield, Redcar (twice) and Workington. AWAY: Sheffield and Workington. PLUS the KOC match with Glasgow (home and away) to arrange.

Sheffield away is next Thursday 17 August.