British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

So why don't Newcastle have a facility for Lambert missing Sunday's meeting with Redcar?

I think something along the lines of Polish clubs which make the play offs have first choice of the rider but b.s.p.a don't agree with it ... Another try and make sense of it if you can rule in speedway Edited by KEITH M

I think something along the lines of Polish clubs which make the play offs have first choice of the rider but b.s.p.a don't agree with it ... Another try and make sense of it if you can rule in speedway

you couldn't make it up.

you couldn't make it up.

So how do they get the rites over British riders . Surely it must have been written into there contracts . Definitely needs sorting out BSPA should put there foot down and insist they ride for the bread and butter teams who they ride for all season.

British contracts have to be stronger,if they want to ride abroad fair enough but don't let them top up their wages here,they are not that important.

So why don't Newcastle have a facility for Lambert missing Sunday's meeting with Redcar?

Website says (Copied and Pasted from there):

This unfortunate scenario is down to the priority of fixtures according to the International Speedway League Board so with the Newcastle club having no option other than to re-arrange fixtures to get caught up with a fixture backlog then scheduled fixtures take priority and Lambert will be in Poland for their end of season play offs.

Newcastle co-promoter Alan Hedley said, "We have to get these fixtures raced and this Sunday is an unfortunate consequence for us. Just to be clear we are not releasing Robert to go to Poland but the ISLB have given priority to his Polish club without any recompense to our club."

"The British authorities have tried to assist us but there is nothing in the current make-up of the rules which would ease our predicament."

So how do they get the rites over British riders . Surely it must have been written into there contracts . Definitely needs sorting out BSPA should put there foot down and insist they ride for the bread and butter teams who they ride for all season.

haven't got a clue how it works, or how other authorities get priority over Nationals.

TBH, imo, the statement out looks like nonsense and, the fact it says that Lambert is not being released makes it look more suspicious.

if he is not being released, will he not face some sort of ban ?

haven't got a clue how it works, or how other authorities get priority over Nationals.

TBH, imo, the statement out looks like nonsense and, the fact it says that Lambert is not being released makes it look more suspicious.

No, as in the last line of the quote from Alan: "The British authorities have tried to assist us but there is nothing in the current make-up of the rules which would ease our predicament."

Why. Alan has said it is the ISBL that has declared the priority. Newcastle can only follow what the rules say.

No, as in the last line of the quote from Alan: "The British authorities have tried to assist us but there is nothing in the current make-up of the rules which would ease our predicament."

well thats good then.

so what will it be, r/r or 3pt NL ?

Why, he's not with holding his services and it is beyond the control of Newcastle and the SCB/BSPA. If he does not ride for his Polish club I dare say he will suffer some sort of consequence and the same may be levelled if he does not ride for Newcastle. I don't see how he can win. I think the not being released is in relation to the Holder incident at Peterborough.

• Like 1

well thats good then.

I'm guessing, because there is no facility allowed, it will be an NL 2.00pter.

well thats good then.

By reading the article it sounds like it will be a NL rider in his place. "without the services of number 1 Robert Lambert and with no facility to cover his absence. "

thats even better then.

Beat me to it!!! :o:o:o