British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

Double header Sunday 22nd October v Workington and Redcar.

Where is this info taken from please?

As I've just checked the website and no menschen on there (No change there mind on the website not being updated mind)!

Double header? Is NUFC Not playing on sunday 4pm match on sky

where is this info taken from please ? ;)

NUFC playing Crystal Palace on Saturday 21 October, 3.00pm KO according to my fixture list and indeed SKY listings. Shouldn't conflict with rumoured Double Header on Sunday 22nd if that is indeed going to happen

As I've just checked the website and no menschen on there (No change there mind on the website not being updated mind)![/quote

On Redcar site

The Redcar S.G.Petch Bears will be racing at Newcastle on Sunday 22nd October in a double header featuring Workington. The Bears will be missing a number of riders including the injured Charles Wright, Jason Garrity and Danny Ayres with their replacements being named shortly.

Edited by KEITH M

As I've just checked the website and no menschen on there (No change there mind on the website not being updated mind)![/quote

On Redcar site

The Redcar S.G.Petch Bears will be racing at Newcastle on Sunday 22nd October in a double header featuring Workington. The Bears will be missing a number of riders including the injured Charles Wright, Jason Garrity and Danny Ayres with their replacements being named shortly.

Well in that case thank you for the update, however lets not count our chickens until they hatch as it was that website that said they were coming a couple of weeks ago and then it was said they pulled out!

Well in that case thank you for the update, however lets not count our chickens until they hatch as it was that website that said they were coming a couple of weeks ago and then it was said they pulled out!

The website said they were coming, which at the time was correct, only for then, a few days later, Redcar said they couldn't come and Workington agreed to come instead.

The website said they were coming, which at the time was correct, only for then, a few days later, Redcar said they couldn't come and Workington agreed to come instead.

now they are gonna come together ?,,, thats nice.

If this is going ahead as a double header, what will be the start time for the first meeting?

Exactly they for whatever reason changed their minds!

Wonder whether Josh Embleton will get his chance to finally wear the Number 1 race jacket as a guest for Newcastle and is it just possible that one or more guests for either of the three teams could switch teams for the second of the two meetings?

The permutations are mind boggling and only speedway could provide us with such potential intrigue. Maybe Robert Lambert could defy doctor's orders and make an unexpected return to swell the crowd numbers?

Taking tongue out of cheek, I get the impression that all true Diamonds supporters should turn out to support this totally irrelevant double header to support our ( I guess) battered and beleaguered promoters who probably wish for the end of the season more than supporters (and possibly riders) do. Whilst speedway has had a most forgettable year the prospect of 2018 without speedway at Brough Park is unimaginable (same goes for Workington) and can only hope that the prospect of some radical changes by BSPA might help to incentivise promoters and fans to keep faith with the sport

• Like 2

Wonder whether Josh Embleton will get his chance to finally wear the Number 1 race jacket as a guest for Newcastle and is it just possible that one or more guests for either of the three teams could switch teams for the second of the two meetings?

The permutations are mind boggling and only speedway could provide us with such potential intrigue. Maybe Robert Lambert could defy doctor's orders and make an unexpected return to swell the crowd numbers?

Taking tongue out of cheek, I get the impression that all true Diamonds supporters should turn out to support this totally irrelevant double header to support our ( I guess) battered and beleaguered promoters who probably wish for the end of the season more than supporters (and possibly riders) do. Whilst speedway has had a most forgettable year the prospect of 2018 without speedway at Brough Park is unimaginable (same goes for Workington) and can only hope that the prospect of some radical changes by BSPA might help to incentivise promoters and fans to keep faith with the sport

Couldn't have put it better myself!!!

Whatever the rights and wrongs of this season all that really matters now is speedway surviving on tyneside and the only ppl who can help with that is us the fans turning up for the rest of this season, I would love to think even the stay away fans on here would put any differences to one side and support the club and show the promotion what speedway means up here.

Edited by andys

Anybody seen Dandelion lately? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Anybody seen Dandelion lately? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

maybe been carried off on a breeze, but surely will turn up somewhere.