British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

We are now at a stage where Morris Sedgeman Schlien Batchelor even Watt might fancy riding in the PL.

If more GP riders opt to give the EL a miss then we have a real dilemma waiting.

We are now at a stage where Morris Sedgeman Schlien Batchelor even Watt might fancy riding in the PL.

If more GP riders opt to give the EL a miss then we have a real dilemma waiting.

Didn't Watt ride for the Diamonds in the past and turn into a flop? I've always quite liked him tbh

Didn't Watt ride for the Diamonds in the past and turn into a flop? I've always quite liked him tbh

2002. Cost us the League title.

• Like 1

As long as they don't pay them over the odds these guys are just looking for easy pickings,Batchelor has not tried leg this season just to manipulate his average.

I believe Berwick played a part in that too :lol: Agree Dave? :lol:

• Like 1

As long as they don't pay them over the odds these guys are just looking for easy pickings,Batchelor has not tried leg this season just to manipulate his average.

Didn't Bridger say in the SS a few weeks back he'd be interested in doubling up too?

How's this going to work then would they go down the Swedish route and let the top boys ride in the top two leagues? Personally I don't think much needs changing at PL level it's the EL where more problems are

• Like 2

Didn't Bridger say in the SS a few weeks back he'd be interested in doubling up too?

How's this going to work then would they go down the Swedish route and let the top boys ride in the top two leagues? Personally I don't think much needs changing at PL level it's the EL where more problems are

IMO the PL needs to promote riders from NL route don't get caught up in paying riders trying to prolong their career and supplement their earnings .The crowds don't justify it IMO .Pay young riders a realistic pay rate the entertainment will be as good if not better.At least they will be avialable for meetings not riding abroad.
  • Like 6

When the EL changes that normally filters down to the PL in some description. Seeing the likes of Bridger, Harris, Nicholls etc would suit them financially and raise the standard in the PL which is not what is needed IMO, if our younger better are to progress they need to get contracts in leagues abroad and get out of the comfort zone.

IMO the PL needs to promote riders from NL route don't get caught up in paying riders trying to prolong their career and supplement their earnings .The crowds don't justify it IMO .Pay young riders a realistic pay rate the entertainment will be as good if not better.At least they will be avialable for meetings not riding abroad.

Yeah definitely I think the NL standard 3 pointer at reserve has been a decent idea but they've got to stick at it not bin it at the end of the season. It's the only way the younger riders will progress riding against better standard of riders. Hope the PL doesn't follow the EL draft system and have protected races that's pointless IMO

• Like 1

I think there is a good chance that it will be 6 man teams next season. No idea what the combined average per team will be and whether they continue with an NL 3 pointer at number 6 and, say, a supplementary reserve at no.5 (or wherever in the team), remains to be seen. Very little appears to be coming out of the practice matches held at King's Lynn, so really, once again, we have no idea what's going on![/quote. Just got feeling they will seriously cut premier points limit next season ?

Edited by Barnstormer

To be honest it's now time for a top league of riders who want to ride in Britain. Draw up a list of riders by average, decided by B.S.P.A., and work out a team average to which teams can build . Riders must commit to Britain and if they ride elsewhere Britain comes first. Any team which doesn't want to take part in the top division goes into a second division.

• Like 1

To be honest it's now time for a top league of riders who want to ride in Britain. Draw up a list of riders by average, decided by B.S.P.A., and work out a team average to which teams can build . Riders must commit to Britain and if they ride elsewhere Britain comes first. Any team which doesn't want to take part in the top division goes into a second division.

I agree we have get GB back on a even keel even if it does mean lowering the standard of riders that want to commit to GB as their source of income.Leagues with the same riders every week,no blank nights because riders at not avialable,regular speedway night is a priority IMO .Imo there are enough riders avialable if you use NL and newcomers coming into the sport.When the original NL was formed it was make up of unknowns with few "0ld hands" and produced many of the great riders of the 70's& 80's.We have to take a step back to go forward again.! Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 2

Yeah, I remember his piss poor showing at Stoke which cost us the league. Prick!!! I don't think I have even seen a rider block his team mates as much as he did that night. I think Mr Illingworth had him pinned against the pit wall at one point. The thing that made it even more annoying was the Sheffield promoter was in the crowd that night stood a couple of feet away from most Diamonds fans. Never liked going to Stoke after that!!! :P

Yeah, I remember his piss poor showing at Stoke which cost us the league. Prick!!! I don't think I have even seen a rider block his team mates as much as he did that night. I think Mr Illingworth had him pinned against the pit wall at one point. The thing that made it even more annoying was the Sheffield promoter was in the crowd that night stood a couple of feet away from most Diamonds fans. Never liked going to Stoke after that!!! :P

Tootled around the back at Exeter too, absolutely no effort. Deliberately missed the gate, it seemed too.

Tootled around the back at Exeter too, absolutely no effort. Deliberately missed the gate, it seemed too.

I remember being at that meeting. He said it was bumpy ;-( Again I remember Darryl not being best pleased.