British Speedway Forum
A ORLOV

Belle Vue - Swindon 14. 9. 16

Running six meetings in 21 days is the main reason for 'lower' crowds than may be expected...

A family ticket (the target audience surely?) standing would be £246 for the six meetings, therefore the thick end of £300 with car park, programme, food etc..

Agreed. Something is going to have to change in the EL next season, as the scheduling of fixtures this year has been a shambles.

Belle Vue were unlucky to end up running against Man City on Wednesday too.

However, if I cast my mind back to the opening night debacle and the aftermath of postponed meetings Belle Vue haven't done too badly.

Your coming over as very bitter and jealous of what is without doubt the best stadium in the country.

Well said & spot on😀

• Like 3

I thought the crowd was very decent considering we had poole Monday and 2 days later swindon in a kind of nothing meeting. Against man city at home to.

I'd say 1200/1300 there last night.

Not the best meeting racing wise but some good races. Track was very grippy. A bit like the race off at the SWC.

No at all, i dont give a monkeys what they have, yes it looks a good track and our meetings were very good, but as i said they can get a proper picture after the honeymoon period. End of next season would give them a good idea. Thats not jealousy, thats fact..

You have a funny idea of what constitutes a fact. What exactly are we going to be establishing by the end of next season?

You have a funny idea of what constitutes a fact. What exactly are we going to be establishing by the end of next season?

I'm totally lost as well

Belle Vue announcer has lost hi job after last nights ill judged comments.

The guy cocked up and made a really stupid wrong comment, but he apologised and I don't believe there was any malice in his thoughts. He made a mistake,. Political correctness claims another victim.

Give the guy a break.

• Like 2

Simon barber the centre green announcer as handed in his resignation which as been accepted by the management. Right thing to do

Simon barber the centre green announcer as handed in his resignation which as been accepted by the management. Right thing to do

What did he say?

Tungate won a race and he said he was the Ni***r in the wood pile for Swindon. He had no idea at what he had just said and carried on as normal. It was just a stupid wrong ignorant thing to say and nobody really could believe they had heard it. However, he came back on the mike and apologised for what seemed an age.

Everybody takes these things different, but it seems harsh for the guy to lose his job out of stupidity to me.

• Like 1

The centre green presenter , Simon , has now resigned.

His Speedway knowledge was minimal which was transparent in his dialogue throughout the year.

I didn't hear the fella say that... but it was amazing last night, the air being quite thick in Manchester and front door open, I could actually hear the bikes from my home... and I'm five miles from Belle Vue! Made me want to be there, in a funny way. Can't beat the roar of those engines.

Edited by moxey63

Tungate won a race and he said he was the Ni***r in the wood pile for Swindon. He had no idea at what he had just said and carried on as normal. It was just a stupid wrong ignorant thing to say and nobody really could believe they had heard it. However, he came back on the mike and apologised for what seemed an age.

Everybody takes these things different, but it seems harsh for the guy to lose his job out of stupidity to me.

Sure he'll get a job elsewhere. On most speedway PA's he could call everyone a ***** **** and no-one would be any the wiser.

Sure he'll get a job elsewhere. On most speedway PA's he could call everyone a ***** **** and no-one would be any the wiser.

Did anyone at the track complain, was anyone offended, I doubt it. OK he slipped up and used a word that some pc people complain about.

• Like 1