British Speedway Forum
LagutaRacingFan

Sheffield Vs Scunthorpe - 14/9/16

After watching speedway for over 55 years i have to say this was the most boring meeting i have ever been to with most races won from the gate and the riders constantly 10 bike length's apart, only the diehard Sheffield supporter's could have found this long drawn out match interesting with the tractors probably having as much track time, Oh and did i mention the £2.50 for a programme that was a supplement 2 pages in an old postponed programme full of old news,

And the sorry excuse of a programme at Scunny I suppose is great value NOT.

Guest Scunny2012

Never said that Scunthorpe's programme is good but for a £1 a basic race card to fill in is all you want but if that's all that's bothered you in my previous post probably say's it all about last night's meeting.

Most people only buy the programme for the race card anyway, so I'm sure they'd rather pay £1 at Scunny for a couple of up to date pages, than £2.50 at Sheffield for old news and an insert.

• Like 5

Most people only buy the programme for the race card anyway, so I'm sure they'd rather pay £1 at Scunny for a couple of up to date pages, than £2.50 at Sheffield for old news and an insert.

People moaned for years when Neil Machin had the old pizza menu race card which was FREE with admission, now they moan when they have a £2.50 40+ page programme, guess the promoters can't win on this one.
  • Like 2

Pretty awful meeting, very processional most of the time, good hunt down by Berge in heat 4 though, cant remember much more of note.

I couldn't see where scunny where going to get the win even though it was close score-wise until heat11 and with some strange reserve changes this wasn't helped... why put Wilky in for Kerr when he touched the tapes knowing full well he had 2 RR & 1 Widman ride to take, again not changing reserves in ht 6 when it was obvious Wilko wasn't going to beat Howarth/Lawson & again for heat 12/14, it was pretty obvious that Wilky could beat Stoneman but Sissis would have a good chance... anyway to be honest Sheffield would have won anyway.

Will be a long time again until I go to Sheffield again, how your fans can put up with "from the gate" for most of the races is beyond me, might as well be a 1 lap race, the track seriously needs some dirt put on it.

Anyway good luck Sheffield in the play offs.

Edited by Lewis

Will be a long time again until I go to Sheffield again, how your fans can put up with "from the gate" for most of the races is beyond me, might as well be a 1 lap race, the track seriously needs some dirt put on it.

I don't, apart from Newcastle in the league cup it has been dire all season

that's why I missed last night and have made any excuse I could not to go regularly this year.

Guest Scunny2012

Pretty awful meeting, very processional most of the time, good hunt down by Berge in heat 4 though, cant remember much more of note.

I couldn't see where scunny where going to get the win even though it was close score-wise until heat11 and with some strange reserve changes this wasn't helped... why put Wilky in for Kerr when he touched the tapes knowing full well he had 2 RR & 1 Widman ride to take, again not changing reserves in ht 6 when it was obvious Wilko wasn't going to beat Howarth/Lawson & again for heat 12/14, it was pretty obvious that Wilky could beat Stoneman but Sissis would have a good chance... anyway to be honest Sheffield would have won anyway.

Anyway good luck Sheffield in the play offs.

Like you Lewis it will be a long time if ever I visit Sheffield again, the track is too slick and fast to produce close racing, it's a pity really as I have seen many a good meeting there from the Featherby/Wyer/Moran years

The Banter from the Sheffield fans was worth the enterance fee, from the state of the track, the pies from the cafe not to mention the riders. One topic of discussion was the hissy fit Jason Garrity had in the pits at Ipswich with Josh Bates. The fans all were of the opinion that he had been sacked by Damien Bates for refusing to apologise to Josh and Eric for his threats and bad language and does not have any hand problems using this to use R.R. to the end of the seasion..

Does any one know if this true or is it just Track Banter.

I've been going almost weekly for 38 years now and I have some very fond memories of racing at Owlerton.

I can honestly say that not one race from this season has stuck in my memory.

Last night was the icing on the cake...I will be seriously considering spending my £20 weekly on enjoying myself instead of being bored to tears every Thursday (or Wednesday) night

The Banter from the Sheffield fans was worth the enterance fee, from the state of the track, the pies from the cafe not to mention the riders. One topic of discussion was the hissy fit Jason Garrity had in the pits at Ipswich with Josh Bates. The fans all were of the opinion that he had been sacked by Damien Bates for refusing to apologise to Josh and Eric for his threats and bad language and does not have any hand problems using this to use R.R. to the end of the seasion..

Does any one know if this true or is it just Track Banter.

There was a few rumours circulating round the stadium. One is true; it's safe to say it's not only a hand injury.

There was a few rumours circulating round the stadium. One is true; it's safe to say it's not only a hand injury.

So it looks as if it is true that he has been sacked. Is this another team Playing the rule book instead of telling the truth and comming clean to all.

So it looks as if it is true that he has been sacked. Is this another team Playing the rule book instead of telling the truth and comming clean to all.

So has he been sacked by Coventry as well?

I doubt it's anything to do with the rule book Sheffield are considerably weaker without Garrity. I'm sure more will follow from the promotion soon as to the details of what is what.

All I can say is I heard different stories and 1 is definitely true.

I doubt it's anything to do with the rule book Sheffield are considerably weaker without Garrity. I'm sure more will follow from the promotion soon as to the details of what is what.

All I can say is I heard different stories and 1 is definitely true.

So all we all can do is wait and see what develops on this and hope that the Sheffield management come clean and let the fans know what did happen and stop the rumours.

So all we all can do is wait and see what develops on this and hope that the Sheffield management come clean and let the fans know what did happen and stop the rumours.

Of course; I do think the promotion needs to stop all the rumours. If you read the program, it says it all by saying we (the promotion have decided to not use Garrity for the rest of the season) forgive me I haven't got the program to hand for the exact words. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work it out.

Shame as he is/was a fan favourite. However Jason will be Jason.