Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
LagutaRacingFan

Sheffield Vs Scunthorpe - 14/9/16

I've been going almost weekly for 38 years now and I have some very fond memories of racing at Owlerton.

I can honestly say that not one race from this season has stuck in my memory.

Last night was the icing on the cake...I will be seriously considering spending my £20 weekly on enjoying myself instead of being bored to tears every Thursday (or Wednesday) night

So, you weren't there the night Newcastle was there and Garrity and Lambert had a terrific race as described by the Updates site:

Heat 11: Garrity, Lambert, Sissis, Phillips 4-2 (34-31) 61.7

Line Up: Garrity, Sissis, Lambert, R/R -

Comments: Fantastic race between Garrity and Lambert. Best we've seen at Sheffield all season. Both riders were tough on each other consistently passing each other. But Garrity held on for the win.

Read more: http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/15680/sheffield-newcastle-pl-9-2016#ixzz4KMCPzvLs

Of course; I do think the promotion needs to stop all the rumours. If you read the program, it says it all by saying we (the promotion have decided to not use Garrity for the rest of the season) forgive me I haven't got the program to hand for the exact words. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work it out.

Shame as he is/was a fan favourite. However Jason will be Jason.

Have coventry decided not to use him for the same reason?

It says in the programme that Sheffield won't be using Garrity for the rest of the season because of his hand injury, how true, who knows....

From the Coventry web site, regarding their match tomorrow:-

Ben Barker and Adam Roynon step in for the Bees as Jason Garrity is injured and Josh Bates is competing in the second round of the World Under-21 final at Pardubice.

Ben Barker and Adam Roynon step in for the Bees as Jason Garrity is injured and Josh Bates is competing in the second round of the World Under-21 final at Pardubice.

So both clubs have put out statement that Jason is out with a hand injury.

Surely if it was an issue with Sheffield, Jason would leave/be sacked and he would carry on riding for Coventry, otherwise he's not getting paid at all.

Also, It's not Coventrys fault if Garrity has fell out with Sheffield, therefore they would need him in their side? Why would Coventry cover up a story for Sheffield's benefit?

Not heard the rumours etc but be very strange if it was a cover up IMO.

So both clubs have put out statement that Jason is out with a hand injury.

Surely if it was an issue with Sheffield, Jason would leave/be sacked and he would carry on riding for Coventry, otherwise he's not getting paid at all.

Also, It's not Coventrys fault if Garrity has fell out with Sheffield, therefore they would need him in their side? Why would Coventry cover up a story for Sheffield's benefit?

Not heard the rumours etc but be very strange if it was a cover up IMO.

Don't start bringing sense and rationale into a good conspiracy theory, chaps! :lol:

I have also heard the rumours, but if two clubs have put out that he has a hand injury, then it's not impossible that he might actually have a hand injury!

Don't start bringing sense and rationale into a good conspiracy theory, chaps! :lol:

I have also heard the rumours, but if two clubs have put out that he has a hand injury, then it's not impossible that he might actually have a hand injury!

A medical certificate would put it past anybody's doubt.

but riders are pulling out of meetings through sudden illness, migraine, toothache etc at a moments notice. Normally, you can't see a doctor within 24 hours.

According to Speedway Updates, Dimitri won the round with 19 points. Josh scored 5.

Having been to Sheffield twice in one week (went to the PLRC last Sunday) I can honestly say I think them two meetings are the worst I've seen this season. I do not know how Sheff fans can keep watching FTG racing week in week out. Well done Sheffield on your win on Wednesday

When the current Promotion took over, they spent a lot of time and money on trying to get the track back in to a good state, but it does seem to have deteriorated back to what it had become. You barely get your shoes mucky when walking on it these days.