British Speedway Forum
balderdash&piffle

Berwick 2017 50th Year

Well it's the start, yet again, of a long winter, or not, as to are we running or not.

Perhaps someone will come on board with an acceptable offer sooner than later, allowing them at an early stage to re-galvanise everybody involved with the club, supporters club, volunteers and fans.

something tells me either you or redcar will have another investor in 2017. it could be one that puts the miles in for another club and is now looking a bit closer to home to fulfill his dreams .

hope it all gets sorted for ya .

Wont Berwick have to give some kind of intention of running next year at the promoters meeting that discusses any changes before the AGM, that will take place in the next month or so.

• Like 1

both clubs, along with a few others in pl, could do with a slight weakening of the pl to help make ends meet.

Redcar would certainly benefit from regime change, it seems that dozens if not hundreds have been lost from the gate

Wont Berwick have to give some kind of intention of running next year at the promoters meeting that discusses any changes before the AGM, that will take place in the next month or so.

not necessarily i think peterborough were give a bit of time after the A.G.M. a few years ago . .

According to Mr Anderson last year we had to declare intention in October - no option

According to Mr Anderson last year we had to declare intention in October - no option

Quite correct. But last year, the warning was that the club would have been closed down had assistance not been forthcoming.

This year, the club is for sale as a going concern. A different situation.

Quite correct. But last year, the warning was that the club would have been closed down had assistance not been forthcoming.

I don't quite understand what you're saying ,are you just saying that Betwick don't have to declare their intention to run next year by the AGM,because it is being sold as as a going concern.Anderson's have stated they have finished with the speedway so if nobody buys it what happens.I assume it closes. So are you just saying it has longer to find a new owner?

something tells me either you or redcar will have another investor in 2017. it could be one that puts the miles in for another club and is now looking a bit closer to home to fulfill his dreams .

hope it all gets sorted for ya .

What an horrendous prospect. It's enough to bring one to tears,

I don't quite understand what you're saying ,are you just saying that Betwick don't have to declare their intention to run next year by the AGM,because it is being sold as as a going concern.Anderson's have stated they have finished with the speedway so if nobody buys it what happens.I assume it closes. So are you just saying it has longer to find a new owner?

Either way Berwick will have to give some kind of indication as to what is going on, a buyer has been found and they are still negotiating, a buyer has been found everything is agreed and Berwick are running, no buyer has been found the present owners are closing the club, or the present owners will continue to run pending a new buyer being found. That intention had to be given at the pr-agm meeting last year, you`d think that will be the same story this year round.

Who will represent Berwick at this years AGM. :blink:

• Like 1

If Berwick are to sold as a going concern then surely they must declare that they intend to run as if they say they are not then they are no longer a going concern

• Like 3

Being optimistic that we will be running next season, and depending what comes out from AGM regarding averages. I would like to start the team in reverse order 7.Liam Carr, 6.Tom Perry both more than capable of improving next season.

• Like 2

While Czech, all I have heard is the name Jed Rathbone.

Oxford fans, Eastbourne fans, Wolverhampton fans,Poole fans,Kings Lynne fans,etc.etc. etc.

True or not true, Jed Rathbone is on the UK speedway circuit as the next owner of the Bandits.They all used the signing of Tom Perry as a sign.

So Berwick will consist of every rider that Rathbone has sacked?