Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
balderdash&piffle

Berwick 2017 50th Year

So what is the latest with bridger? Judging by his social media he is now a p/t has he given up with speedway again or is he still injured

p/t?

Personal Trainer

Maybe he's doing that in his spare time while he's off? I hope he comes back... Even if it's next year... He's one of my favourite riders who I've never actually seen ride other than on the telly...

Maybe he's doing that in his spare time while he's off? I hope he comes back... Even if it's next year... He's one of my favourite riders who I've never actually seen ride other than on the telly...

Great to watch on a bike, and a huge talent, sadly the chaos and goings on off track will mean it will be a talent un-fulfilled IMO.

• Like 1

Great to watch on a bike, and a huge talent, sadly the chaos and goings on off track will mean it will be a talent un-fulfilled IMO.

Perhaps but Berwick have gone through the pain barrier where he is now on a Wolbertesque average. Be daft to throw that away whether its next month or next year. Bridger on 6.59 would be a gift to any other club who would take him.

Personal Trainer

And health coach been on his twitter for over a week

Be nice if he does return next year... Maybe in Diamond colours? :P I've thought about him in the past... But he's always had a massive average for our league... But now it's plummeted... And hopefully with a few uninjured months behind him... Maybe he can be back to the Bridger I watched on sky a few years ago...

Real shame

Why does the Promotion not put the fans in the picture regarding Lewis .He either is still unfit and coming back to the club,or is he not coming back to the Club.They don't have to state reasons just clarify the positions.Is it a secret.

• Like 2

Why does the Promotion not put the fans in the picture regarding Lewis .He either is still unfit and coming back to the club,or is he not coming back to the Club.They don't have to state reasons just clarify the positions.Is it a secret.

Maybe its a masonic thing

Scott Courtney told us in Saturday's programme that "communication from Lewis's doctors has been scarce, we can do nothing else but trust the information" so what more do you want? Anyway, Lewis Bridger isn't in Berwick's current 1-7, so whatever is happening isn't going to affect current scoring, and I know I was cheering when Joe Jacobs humbled Richard Lawson in Heat 1 on Saturday!

And health coach been on his twitter for over a week

Surely if his back is injured doing training etc won't make it better? Or is that just me? I think we can safely assume he won't be back at Berwick this season.

• Like 1

Bridger is on a great average considering his starting CMA for the 17 campaign...

Be nice if he does return next year... Maybe in Diamond colours? :P I've thought about him in the past... But he's always had a massive average for our league... But now it's plummeted... And hopefully with a few uninjured months behind him... Maybe he can be back to the Bridger I watched on sky a few years ago...

Real shame

Don't think 8.53 could be seen as massive considering other riders have been saddled holding a 11 point starting cma. Steve Johnston and David H (both 09) being a couple I can recall

Edited by 13GrigorijLaguta

Scott Courtney told us in Saturday's programme that "communication from Lewis's doctors has been scarce, we can do nothing else but trust the information" so what more do you want? Anyway, Lewis Bridger isn't in Berwick's current 1-7, so whatever is happening isn't going to affect current scoring, and I know I was cheering when Joe Jacobs humbled Richard Lawson in Heat 1 on Saturday!

Joe Jacobs contract finished today, he may get kept on or another rider may be found