British Speedway Forum
balderdash&piffle

Berwick 2017 50th Year

To be fair Nick has been scoring well in premiership all season nice little bonus for Kevin though

To be fair Nick has been scoring well in premiership all season nice little bonus for Kevin though

Yeah,Nick has had a good season in both leagues,but IMO there's not much difference in standard ,he is racing the same riders most weeks.

Not often two Berwick riders top score for their teams in a Premiership match

Berwick riders in high demand this week as last night saw Jye Etheridge guesting in Leicesters win at Belle Vue where he scored three and one bonus.

Very easy to blame one person like Buster Chapman, but I would say every promoter is equally to blame, the Chairman is only one part of a whole, and it is the whole lot of them that are to blame.

Its very silly to put all of speedway`s ills at Buster`s door, though I do agree with Cresent Girl that he will be replaced as Chairman at this years AGM, by who though is a completely different argument as you will struggle to name another promoter out there capable of coming up with the radical changes needed and anyway wouldn't any change need the backing of fellow promoters so its not likely to happen anytime soon. More of the same old same old I`m afraid which is turning fans away in their droves.

• Like 1

Really proud of Leon Flint last night. The only Brit to go through to the final on Thursday'

3rd overall in his semi final, scored 0...3...3...3...3...

Kyle Bickley scored 4 in the same semi, JPB came off went to hospital in his semi

• Like 1

Congratulations to the Berwick junior team on winning the NJL 4TT at Redcar today.

• Like 2

Congratulations to the Berwick junior team on winning the NJL 4TT at Redcar today.

...after winning the NJL last week.

• Like 1

Would be good to see these NJL riders taking the next step. I would like to see Keiron Douglas getting the chance of a National League number 7 spot. Luke Harrison is a great prospect for his age. You can already see him attacking the corners.

Hopefully the training track will give all the youngsters more laps and bring them on even more.

Personally I believe both Kevin and Kieron deserve a chance in the NL both are determined characters who given the opportunity will progress

Personally I believe both Kevin and Kieron deserve a chance in the NL both are determined characters who given the opportunity will progress

I just see what weekly competitive team racing has done for other riders who have come through the NJL and think this is what they need to progress, far better than the odd after meeting practice.

• Like 1

Berwick riders in high demand this week as last night saw Jye Etheridge guesting in Leicesters win at Belle Vue where he scored three and one bonus.

Its very silly to put all of speedway`s ills at Buster`s door, though I do agree with Cresent Girl that he will be replaced as Chairman at this years AGM, by who though is a completely different argument as you will struggle to name another promoter out there capable of coming up with the radical changes needed and anyway wouldn't any change need the backing of fellow promoters so its not likely to happen anytime soon. More of the same old same old I`m afraid which is turning fans away in their droves.

Maybe time to make the chairmanship Matt Ford's gig

Let's face it he's the most successful promoter of the last 15 - 20 years

• Like 1

Berwick`s Liam Carr has finished third in todays NLRC at Leicester, unsurprisingly the meeting was won by Dan Bewley.

• Like 2