British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole Sign Lindback

More to come....

Poole boss Matt Ford is hoping that he has pulled off a masterstroke by tempting club asset Antonio Lindback back to British racing, some nine seasons after the Brazilian-born Swede last rode in the British leagues.

Lindback, currently eighth place in this year's GP standings and winner of this season's British GP, has answered Ford's call as a replacement for start of season skipper Hans Andersen who suffered a hand injury on Bank Holiday Monday when riding for the Pirates at Leicester, and it is a signing, under rule 16.3.41 that provides for a redeclaration for an injured rider, which has excited the experienced club promoter.

Ford said "I am very proud when I say that this is dream come true for me to be able to bring Antonio back to British racing. He has been been absent from British Speedway for a significant time and will come in on the same assessed average as other established riders such as Bartosz Zmarzlik, Patrik Dudek, Martin Vaculik the Laguta boys etc.

"Hopefully with the play-off matches ahead we can whet Antonio's appetite enough to make him want to become a British league regular again, whether that be with us or another club.

"In his time with us between 2003 and 2006 he rode in over 120 matches rode in over 120 matches and amassed more than a thousand points and above all became a firm favourite with the Poole fans . Whilst I am sorry not to have Hans in the team and able to finish the season, as he has delivered so many important scores for us this year, I believe Antonio will make the perfect replacement. I am sure he will give us the boost we need going into the play-offs and hopefully his presence in the Poole team will add even further spice to the semi-finals which are now upon us."

From poolepirates.co

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Exciting guy to watch, excellent signing.

This year's play offs could be the best yet. Anyone's guess who will win now. I'm sure there will be the usual moans about Poole but this is a fantastic signing and sets up the play offs beautifully for the neutral.

• Like 1

Fantastic signing matt but how does his average fit?

Edited by PTW

Great signing but what happens of hans rides saturday and declares himself fit to ride???

Thats the league title done and dusted then.

Be interesting if Hans rides on Saturday!

Lets be fair we all knew this was likely to happen

Lol hopes that he returns to uk racing next .just say it how it is we have replaced hans with a better rider

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

Starman will be in seventh heaven.

• Like 2

Another one using British speedway when there teams abroad are all finished.

Yes I admit it I'm jealous. Poole are now favourites again and I love the Rio rocket

Lol hopes that he returns to uk racing next .just say it how it is we have replaced hans with a better rider

i know i thought that as well! Not a chance he would ride over her full time

Matt has certainly pulled a rabbit out the hat again!!

not really a rabbit out of a hat, something that was said on here ages ago when Hans got 'injured'

always likely Hans wouldnt return