British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole Sign Lindback

Yes they did. and in bring him back they also dropped a rider who was in form. Sad really. Hope they get what they deserve in the play off's. Nothing...

That's not nice, and when Poole brought in THJ a few seasons was exactly the same.

By the same token I hope Poole get what they deserve too using your logic! ! Nothing.

Why are people blathering on about Tai replacing Joonas it was a smart move that improved wolves and Tai had a valid average.

Lindback should be on an assessed average after a long absence but as current GP rider and World Cup rider surely he is a minimum of 7.5 anything else is cobblers.

• Like 1

All these Poole fans bleating on that they've broke no rules just reminds me of the greedy bankers and fat cats like Philip green, individual tax avoiders and big business tax avoiders like Google and anyone else who justifies shytstain behavior by saying they've broke no rules.

All these people moaning about Poole remind me of Jeremy Corbyn's fanboys..... screaming a lot over nothing in particular.... then bringing in international bankers and tax avoiders .

Have a word with yourself mate, you sound like a 17 year old student.

• Like 1

Yes they did. and in bringing him back they also dropped a rider who was in form. Sad really. Hope they get what they deserve in the play off's. Nothing...

And what makes you deserve anything ? :mad:

Just as a comparison of averages. In Sweden Lindbäck achieved 2.088 during the regular season while Tai "only" managed 1.944 http://www.svemo.se/ImageVaultFiles/id_11344/cf_44/Ingangssnitt2017Elitserien_och_Allsvenskan.PDF (excluding play offs)

What you need is a major overhaul of the rules and do do away with this whole assessed averages thing. Why not use real averages and for foreign riders,

why not use their averages from the home league? In this year's Elitserien AL scored 181 points from 90 heats in 18 meetings (including play off).

https://ta.svemo.se/Public/Pages/TeamSections.aspx?Branch=Speedway&Season=2016&Serie=Elitserien&PageType=Sections&pagesize=10&TeamId=521

Hans Andersen only achieved 1.457 which 67 points from 46 heats and 10 meetings.

https://ta.svemo.se/Public/Pages/TeamSections.aspx?Branch=Speedway&Season=2016&Serie=Elitserien&PageType=Sections&pagesize=10&TeamId=520

The rules were recently changed to allow injury replacement so teams didn't have to go into the playoffs weakened.

Of dear there goes all the conspiracy theories. It was a genuine injury after all and Hans season is over. No cheating from Poole whatsoever leaving egg on all the Poole haters faces.

Expect page after page of apologies now from the anti Poole brigade as Poole have not cheated at all but followed the rules in place.

Some real irony in this one Steve.

15 years ago when a rival club were operating within the rules you didn't have this same view

Amazing how its different when the boot is on the other foot :)

• Like 2

Some real irony in this one Steve.

15 years ago when a rival club were operating within the rules you didn't have this same view

Amazing how its different when the boot is on the other foot :)

You talking about Lukas Dryml, who was fit to ride outside the UK but injured for Oxford?

• Like 2

i just cant wait to see if he obeys the rules with his hair ,nothing to be hanging from the helmet where he going to put all that hair or has matt changed that rule too!

Will referees penalise Lindback for having his barnet sticking out his helmet, though?

I say it every gp heat he's in. Exclude him 😂

He can get away with it GPs because it's not against the rules, whereas in British Speedway -

"Rule 12.4 The riders hair and neck between the Helmet and the suit must be covered; scarves or neckerchiefs must not trail so as to be a possible source of danger."

So despite, rider safety "being paramount" and "our main concern", no one has explained to me i) why this rule is ignored so frequently and ii) who's responsibility it is to uphold it.

Surely riders, referees, team managers and some other track officials are aware of this rule (perhaps Bryn will know the answer to this?). It is interesting that most of the more experienced, dare I say "older" riders have noticeable neck coverings, Harris, Andersen, Pedersen, Lindgren .... whilst others remain exposed e.g Doyle.

I walked in last night, saw the news on this forum that Poole had brought in a GP rider to replace a non GP rider and was very annoyed. Upon reflection - nothing, absolutely nothing that has been said on this forum has changed my mind.

As I said last night - it might be in the rules but its not right.

Not blaming Lindback obviously, not in a way Matt Ford/Poole (although I was waiting for something to happen as the play offs came near), so the blames goes to those making the rules, along with those who approved of them, and those that apply them.

I have seen Hans ride a few times this year, and obviously seen Lindback in all the GPs, and to say they can be classed so similar that AL can replace HA is just so illogical. Same with Tai replacing Joonas at Wolves. I know Kylymacorpi is a long track world champ, but that not a speedway world champ, there is a difference.

I have missed just over 30 years of speedway after being a strong BV Hyde Rd fan from the late50's. Went once to the greyhound track and then quit, started watching GPs in 2013 on telly and live at Cardiff, went to the new BV NSS for the Fri/Sat world cup and loved it.

I was thinking next year to start going to BV again, as when I could afford it - but not now, British speedway is in serious problems...... virtually all of you have been saying that all year on this forum....and I come to agree.

This farcical episode, together with Tai returning to Wolves at a critical point of the season just doesnt dwell easy with me and I am not putting my money where I dont think I am going to get a value of enjoyment for it.

Those who are influencing and making decisions re British speedway need there heads banging together, and sort this mess out now.

Someone suggested earlier in this thread that as long as punters keep going through the gate of stadiums, paying good money, nothing will change much. Well here is one that was thinking of going back to the sport I love, but nah! not whilst the situation is as it is.

Whilst I agree with your ethics in regards to the rules being somewhat mystifying, you have to remember that Antonio didn't qualify for the GP series and was put in as a wildcard.

You could argue that it was an SEC rider for an SEC rider and there is only a 6 point gap between them in the standings, so I don't agree with the GP rider theory.

He can get away with it GPs because it's not against the rules, whereas in British Speedway -

"Rule 12.4 The riders hair and neck between the Helmet and the suit must be covered; scarves or neckerchiefs must not trail so as to be a possible source of danger."

So despite, rider safety "being paramount" and "our main concern", no one has explained to me i) why this rule is ignored so frequently and ii) who's responsibility it is to uphold it.

Surely riders, referees, team managers and some other track officials are aware of this rule (perhaps Bryn will know the answer to this?). It is interesting that most of the more experienced, dare I say "older" riders have noticeable neck coverings, Harris, Andersen, Pedersen, Lindgren .... whilst others remain exposed e.g Doyle.

i have raised it with 3 ref,s this season and not one of then knew about the ruling,2 glasgow riders have done it all season just imagine if it got caught in a wheel !

i have raised it with 3 ref,s this season and not one of then knew about the ruling,2 glasgow riders have done it all season just imagine if it got caught in a wheel !

You can say that about many riders down the years..

I guess lindback's helmet is likely to be bigger than most riders .

Edited by orion

It's not as though the rules are difficult to find. Some are poorly worded, hence the constant wrangling on this forum, however on the whole the Regulations are clearly set out in defined sections.

www.scbgb.co.uk/regulations or

www.britishspeedway.co/2016_regulations_final.pdf