British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole Sign Lindback

Cheating scumbags! (Just in case anybody missed it - lol)

You don't have a very good memory then

Batch having all sorts of bike problems,Swindon would like to welcome Darcy Ward

Then hey presto Batch's bike problems stop

Like you say CHEATING SCUMBAGS :lol:

• Like 6

Ha ha, very good. But Milik rode for KL for a bit last year so can't have it reassessed :)

You have to have not ridden here for at least 3 years to be re-assessed

Rules change so nothing is certain.

It used to be GP riders came in on an 8 but that seems to have disappeared suddenly.

Time will tell if Milik comes back in on his old average or not.

No doubt he will get called a ringer like some did with Woffy if that's the case.

The more top boys we have back the better.

• Like 1

You don't have a very good memory then

Batch having all sorts of bike problems,Swindon would like to welcome Darcy Ward

Then hey presto Batch's bike problems stop

Like you say CHEATING SCUMBAGS :lol:

Mr saddo, has a very selective memory.

Are you going to pay for them ?

Doesn't that depend on the price that has to be paid? It is no good them coming back if they do not attract more fans to attend, at least sufficient to cover the extra money they will demand. The evidence is that crowds were falling before they departed. Clubs are surviving on a financial knife edge now so we must be sure they will increase crowds after the initial novelty has worn off. Otherwise, the sport will be left in a much worse position than it is now.

Also, if we are going to let them in on artificially low averages, as seems the current thinking, we are going to put the likes of King, Cook, Nilsson and Thorsell out of a job. Is that really what we want to do to those and others on similar averages who have been loyal to the EL.

I much prefer that we have teams made up of those riders committed to the UK. That will give us the opportunity for fewer guests, more places for home grown talent, continuity of riders in teams season on season, riders fans can then identify with and weekly home meetings. Over time standards will improve and we can look to regaining our place in international speedway. Importing more mercenaries who simply want to use the UK to earn more means fewer places for British riders and a continuation in our decline.

• Like 1

Don't think the signing of Lindback is the do all & end all, looking at his form recently its a bit up & down. I honestly believe Tai will out score him over the 2 legs convincingly

• Like 2

Don't think the signing of Lindback is the do all & end all, looking at his form recently its a bit up & down. I honestly believe Tai will out score him over the 2 legs convincingly

he should do has he is not a heat leader lindback will have the harder race's as he is in a heat leader role

Whether Lindback is on form or not is not the issue. It is possible that Tai will score more point than him. But the issue is bending of points to suit the cause and as usual, these situations always involves Poole and Matt Ford. I don't agree with the rules for replacements, this late in the season. Why should we bend over backwards to accommodate riders who don't want to ride here normally.

But IF they are allowed to compete, then make sure they do so on the correct average. Allowing Lindback to race on a 7 is taking the mick out of all those riders and teams who race here all year round........

• Like 7

Its not Lindbacks job to outscore Woffinden. Doubt there's a rider out there capable of doing that anyway. Lindbacks job is to try to beat Lindgren, Masters, Thorsell etc.

No doubt we would have been better off with horses for courses guests, but Matt Ford did the right and fair thing by using a Poole asset and what will be a full team member.

Two Poole riders, Kurtz and Ellis, taking place in the Czech Golden helmet right now live.

http://www.ceskatelevize.cz/porady/10161678681-motocyklove-zavody/216471291272003-zlata-prilba-2016/

Whether Lindback is on form or not is not the issue. It is possible that Tai will score more point than him. But the issue is bending of points to suit the cause and as usual, these situations always involves Poole and Matt Ford. I don't agree with the rules for replacements, this late in the season. Why should we bend over backwards to accommodate riders who don't want to ride here normally.

But IF they are allowed to compete, then make sure they do so on the correct average. Allowing Lindback to race on a 7 is taking the mick out of all those riders and teams who race here all year round........

Look at the end of the day year in year out people on here are forever whinging about Matt Ford, he finds a loophole & uses it, master technician!

• Like 2

Are you going to pay for them ?

I'm not a promoter so no. However I'd pay more entrance to watch them if that answers the question.

Doesn't that depend on the price that has to be paid? It is no good them coming back if they do not attract more fans to attend, at least sufficient to cover the extra money they will demand. The evidence is that crowds were falling before they departed. Clubs are surviving on a financial knife edge now so we must be sure they will increase crowds after the initial novelty has worn off. Otherwise, the sport will be left in a much worse position than it is now.

Also, if we are going to let them in on artificially low averages, as seems the current thinking, we are going to put the likes of King, Cook, Nilsson and Thorsell out of a job. Is that really what we want to do to those and others on similar averages who have been loyal to the EL.

I much prefer that we have teams made up of those riders committed to the UK. That will give us the opportunity for fewer guests, more places for home grown talent, continuity of riders in teams season on season, riders fans can then identify with and weekly home meetings. Over time standards will improve and we can look to regaining our place in international speedway. Importing more mercenaries who simply want to use the UK to earn more means fewer places for British riders and a continuation in our decline.

It's no coincidence that crowds are down with the ever decreasing dwindling of the EL.

Crowds have been reported up when Woffy has been in town so yes I believe crowds will improve.

Its not Lindbacks job to outscore Woffinden. Doubt there's a rider out there capable of doing that anyway.

According to SS Tai is on 9.17, which is lower than Doyle 10.15, AJ 9.34, Iversen 9.22.

Maybe its the new 'transparant', 'there are gonna be some big changes' BSPA Chairman that agreed the re-assessment!!?? :D:wink:

Apart from the re-assessment argument, I'm not sure what all the who ha is about Lindback? Its not as if he's even in decent form at the moment!!

• Like 1

I'm not a promoter so no. However I'd pay more entrance to watch them if that answers the question.

It's no coincidence that crowds are down with the ever decreasing dwindling of the EL.

Crowds have been reported up when Woffy has been in town so yes I believe crowds will improve.

So you would be happy to pay £25 plus to see all the big boys back here then ? On the subject of crowds ours at poole have been good thanks !!