British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole Sign Lindback

It's strange every year something a bit dodgy seems to happen with Poole. Every time the decision seems legal but not quite right. Every year I want anyone to win except Poole because something doesn't seem quite right. Just putting my thoughts out as an outsider

Mr curiosity. Why don't you have a word with Buster then, im sure he'd put you straight.. But none of you will do that will you, you'l just come on here and gob off. ;)

So has the decision about riding at Poole first tomorrow night but you kept droning on about having an explanation for that even though an explanation had been given!

No it hasn't, just a load of old drivel.

Edited by Starman2006

'It must be right because everyone else is doing it' is easily the most vacuous and moronic reason for doing something isn't it?

The only other sport I've been involved in this kind of discussion is rugby union. I was justifying the qualifier and cup format simply because the figures easily stacked up, they don't in speedway because we don't have a 70,000 crowd for the final do we?

Another question you won't be able to answer no doubt?

Well we need the final at wembley then!!

Mr curiosity. Why don't you have a word with Buster then, im sure he'd put you straight.. But none of you will do that will you, you'l just come on here and gob off. ;)

What a pathetic polite little man you really are. Isn't it strange that the whole country can see the damaging effects that Lindback has done to our sport, all except the blue rinse brigade. If you had a ounce of common sense you will see the damage it does, but your so wrapped up in your own importance you fail to see anything, and that's real sad........

As a matter of fact, the next time I speak with Buster, I will personally ask him for an explanation. When Buster was elected as Chairman, I thought he was the one person who could make a difference. Now I'm not so sure.............

• Like 6

Chapman could make a difference but at the moment appears either to be choosing not to or, of being incapable of doing so. I know he said it would takes time and that it is next year when we are to see the fruits of his efforts but surely he could either have stopped the Lindback farce and the damage it is doing to the credibility of the sport or, if he agrees with the assessed average, provide an explanation. Particularly, in view of his promise of openness and transparency.

• Like 1

What a pathetic polite little man you really are. Isn't it strange that the whole country can see the damaging effects that Lindback has done to our sport, all except the blue rinse brigade. If you had a ounce of common sense you will see the damage it does, but your so wrapped up in your own importance you fail to see anything, and that's real sad........

As a matter of fact, the next time I speak with Buster, I will personally ask him for an explanation. When Buster was elected as Chairman, I thought he was the one person who could make a difference. Now I'm not so sure.............

Good pleased to hear that. And just to add, we are in it to win it, not finish 2nd 3rd or 4th. Oh, and the same applies to Woffenden then ;) Shame your bunch of cowboys havn't got the same outlook and will to win...

Edited by Starman2006

Chapman could make a difference but at the moment appears either to be choosing not to or, of being incapable of doing so. I know he said it would takes time and that it is next year when we are to see the fruits of his efforts but surely he could either have stopped the Lindback farce and the damage it is doing to the credibility of the sport or, if he agrees with the assessed average, provide an explanation. Particularly, in view of his promise of openness and transparency.

Spot on .. the very least could expect is for him to explain how they got to 7 . The chapman era is just like it always has been .

Starman2006,does the 2006 stand for the year you were born.Because looking at most of your posts you simply attack posters or give childish responses.And i'm sure i will get one from you for this post ;)

• Like 7

You know what I reckon. They made him a 7 because Woffinden is around 7. Totally missing the point that Woffinden has a real average and other riders are higher.

• Like 1

Phil Rising owes it to us speedway fans to get an answer.

Ford asking is one thing, getting it is another. Let's have an expose Phil. Let's find out how this decision was made. Who made it? Why did they make it? It's about time there was something for the Star reader to get stuck in to rather than the usual stories.

Let's establish the thought process of these people because clearly they are incapable of making rational decisions.

The decision has irked everyone except for the 'Blue Tints' because they cannot see the damage as yet another sh*t sandwich has been rammed down our throats.

I don't care who wins the PO. My team are out. Not sour grapes, just an ordinary fan wanting the management (and that term is about as loose as it can be) to stop making stupid, irrational decisions and expecting people just to carry on as if f*** all has happened.

If the MC comes out at the start of the season and says Lindback, Dudek and Vaculik are all 7 everyone knows where they stand and can make an informed decision. We might not like it but if they provide reason behind their decision it can be rationalised.

So Phil, any chance you asking the question or what?

• Like 9

Ford asking is one thing, getting it is another. Let's have an expose Phil. Let's find out how this decision was made. Who made it? Why did they make it? It's about time there was something for the Star reader to get stuck in to rather than the usual stories.

Let's establish the thought process of these people because clearly they are incapable of making rational decisions.

The decision has irked everyone except for the 'Blue Tints' because they cannot see the damage as yet another sh*t sandwich has been rammed down our throats.

Nevermind eh, we havn't finished yet... ;)

So as Mr Rising has posted on another thread - full explanation in this week's Star!!

whether you

I don't care who wins the PO. My team are out. Not sour grapes, just an ordinary fan wanting the management (and that term is about as loose as it can be) to stop making stupid, irrational decisions and expecting people just to carry on as if f*** all has happened.

If the MC comes out at the start of the season and says Lindback, Dudek and Vaculik are all 7 everyone knows where they stand and can make an informed decision. We might not like it but if they provide reason behind their decision it can be rationalised.

So Phil, any chance you asking the question or what?

FULL explanation in Speedway Star this week ... whether you like it or not is a different matter.

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Like 4

FULL explanation in Speedway Star this week ... whether you like it or not is a different matter.

Thats all we can ask for from the Star! Thanks!

To be fair Phil it's more likely to be whether we believe it or not.