British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole Sign Lindback

43 pages already?!?

How has Lindback been given an assessed average so low that it allows him to join Poole? THAT is the problem.

I don't blame Poole for trying - everyone know their win at all costs attitude - I blame the governing body.

The sport is dying because of rubbish like this.

• Like 2

I'M the last person to ask about speedway's rulebook, but ...

It's obviously legal if that's what MC decided on. As long as Lindback's average is below Andersen's then it's perfectly legal because there's a seven day window before the play off starts - only restriction is rider could not have ridden for another UK club this season.

Poole enquired of the BSPA to provide an assessed average for Lindback. They came back with 7.00. And that was sanctioned by their own MC.

It would be nice, of course, were the BSPA transparent and revealed how they came to that assessment but the fact that they haven't is hardly the fault of Poole and certainly doesn't, in my humble view, make them "cheating scumbags."

​If other tracks were unhappy with the assessment they could have appealed to the SCB for clarification.

• Like 4

for what its worth, it makes no odds to me......

...... as we didn't make the play-offs :D:D ... but..

I do find it strange that AL has been given a 'sevaaan' (I don't watch strictly, honest), I don't blame Poole for doing this as to me this has handed the title to them on a plate, I blame the powers in control, (if you can say that) they obviously have no bloody idea :blink:

for what its worth, it makes no odds to me......

...... as we didn't make the play-offs :D:D ... but..

I do find it strange that AL has been given a 'sevaaan' (I don't watch strictly, honest), I don't blame Poole for doing this as to me this has handed the title to them on a plate, I blame the powers in control, (if you can say that) they obviously have no bloody idea :blink:

There seems an odd assumption by the governing body that this mystery 7 is set as a standard because Woffy came back on a REAL 7.03 so nobody should be judged any higher..... well except them giving AJ 9.03 last season.

Talk about making it up as you go along!

Wonder if the mystery 7 is going to stay in place for next season. Could be 6 could be 9 no one knows such is the non transparency of the BSPA.

• Like 1

It's obviously legal if that's what MC decided on. As long as Lindback's average is below Andersen's then it's perfectly legal because there's a seven day window before the play off starts - only restriction is rider could not have ridden for another UK club this season.

Poole enquired of the BSPA to provide an assessed average for Lindback. They came back with 7.00. And that was sanctioned by their own MC.

It would be nice, of course, were the BSPA transparent and revealed how they came to that assessment but the fact that they haven't is hardly the fault of Poole and certainly doesn't, in my humble view, make them "cheating scumbags."

​If other tracks were unhappy with the assessment they could have appealed to the SCB for clarification.

Nobody is saying that Poole have done anything illegal. just that everytime there is a problem it always involves them. The rules always seems to bend over backward to accommodate them..

Imagine this, S Worrall got injured and Belle Vue got Lindback in, as a replacement on a 7 average... I wonder what Poole would have said about that, a 2nd string being replaced with a SGP rider...... on a 7....

• Like 2

Could have near enough a full team of GP riders if they all come in on 7's!

I think you'll find that most posters see the issue being with the BSPA.

As for transparency, that would be the openness and transparency promised by Chapman when he took office almost 12 months ago. He seems to be conspicuous by his total lack of comment on anything apart from a childish outburst following the opening meeting at the NSS. I was hoping that it was exactly this sort of farce over Lindback's assessed average that he was going to stop.

• Like 2

It does make you wonder where they get the 7 from.So Lindback comes in with an average below Cook,King,Lambert,Kennett,Masters,Thorsell.Do the powers that be really think he is a lesser rider than those mentioned :blink:

• Like 4

1. Heat leader averages are now lower than when the 8pt "rule" was first used.

2. Being a GP rider doesn't make you automatically good on British tracks. Plenty of successful international riders have came to Britain and struggled to beat some very average EL riders.

3. Antonio has been out of British league racing for 10 years and his last stint was hardly successful.

4. The current world champion is on a 7.03 average.

5. He's joining the league at a time where he will only be able to face the top 2 teams, whom have all have a full season worth of practice and track knowledge behind them.

In my opinion, with all that taken into account, 7pts is a very fair assessment, and I certainly don't think it's an advantage over having Hans back in the team (certainly not one worth singing about!). 8pts would have been too high. However, it's the fact that we have been given no information as to who made this assessment and why that makes it smell fishy.

Edited by BurntFaceMan

It does make you wonder where they get the 7 from.So Lindback comes in with an average below Cook,King,Lambert,Kennett,Masters,Thorsell.Do the powers that be really think he is a lesser rider than those mentioned :blink:

No, they think he is the same as Tai (7.03)

i do believe 90% of speedway fans would accept that 7.00 is a very low assessment (if tai didnt already have an average but reqd an assessment pretty sure it would have been higher than 7.00) however ford asked for an average and thats the figure the mc gave him.

i do believe 90% of speedway fans would accept that 7.00 is a very low assessment (if tai didnt already have an average but reqd an assessment pretty sure it would have been higher than 7.00) however ford asked for an average and thats the figure the mc gave him.

Unprompted and with no input from Ford, the MC bloke came up with an average that fitted in nicely with the proposed change. Yeah, right.

• Like 2

Unprompted and with no input from Ford, the MC bloke came up with an average that fitted in nicely with the proposed change. Yeah, right.

BUT why should someone on the MC, Chris van Straaten for example, try and help Poole who are Wolverhampton's opponents in the play-offs. That doesn't make sense.

BUT why should someone on the MC, Chris van Straaten for example, try and help Poole who are Wolverhampton's opponents in the play-offs. That doesn't make sense.

Whether Ford asked for the reassessment, mentioning the figure the average must be under and suggested the way this could be achieved (the 11 match figure mentioned) or just asked and sat and waited for the result (which suited perfectly) someone did help. I can't believe the 7 average was decided on without knowing the target figure but one can believe whatever one wants as to how it was arrived at.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow
  • Like 1

You finished moaning ??