British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole Sign Lindback

I'M the last person to ask about speedway's rulebook, but ...

It's obviously legal if that's what MC decided on. As long as Lindback's average is below Andersen's then it's perfectly legal because there's a seven day window before the play off starts - only restriction is rider could not have ridden for another UK club this season.

Poole enquired of the BSPA to provide an assessed average for Lindback. They came back with 7.00. And that was sanctioned by their own MC.

It would be nice, of course, were the BSPA transparent and revealed how they came to that assessment but the fact that they haven't is hardly the fault of Poole and certainly doesn't, in my humble view, make them "cheating scumbags."

​If other tracks were unhappy with the assessment they could have appealed to the SCB for clarification.

I rather suspect a lot of supporters would like to see the BSPA & MC decisions more transparent and might I add consistent but their complete indifference to inform their supporters has played a big part in how the sport is viewed today.

Poole haven't cheated in this affair but not for the first appear to have been treated very favourably and in complete contrast to certain other clubs.

Let's be fair the SCB as a body appear to have very little say in what happens with speedway in the UK.

• Like 2

Have a word with Chapman then. Maybe he can supply you with the answers..

That was what I suggested the speedway star should be doing, if you recall my previous post...
  • Like 1

If there was nothing to hide then the decision making process would be there for all to see. The fact it's all cloak and dagger just re enforces how bent it all is, with Poole at the centre as always.

• Like 2

PHIL RISING could surely find out the reasoning for the 7 average?

matt always has at least one ace up his sleeve,,,just a case of which one

Hopefully its Mark Lemon!!!!!! :rofl::D:D

I rather suspect a lot of supporters would like to see the BSPA & MC decisions more transparent and might I add consistent but their complete indifference to inform their supporters has played a big part in how the sport is viewed today.

Poole haven't cheated in this affair but not for the first appear to have been treated very favourably and in complete contrast to certain other clubs.

Let's be fair the SCB as a body appear to have very little say in what happens with speedway in the UK.

Surely the SCB only get involved if there is a dispute between clubs/riders?! One can only assume there is no dispute and the play-off clubs are simply happy at the prospect of increased attendances!! :wink::D

PHIL RISING could surely find out the reasoning for the 7 average?

I would have thought so, as per my query to him above. But his post, to which I responded, didn't seem to indicate they were going to try to find out.

I m o the play offs are no longer about sport they are about the money.

So yes the BSPA are going to come up with an average for Lindback that allows him to ride in Britain just for the play offs. A G P rider should put bums on seats so potentialy more money for the sport.Sky will be over the moon to have a G P rider on there screens.Sky inject money into speedway so keep them sweet and they will keep broadcasting Elite league speedway.Hence why no other promoters put in a complaint.

Only my opinion but what other realistic reason is there for Giving a rider of Linback's class an assessed 7 point average when the likes of Cook and king have achieved an higher average over a full season.Perhaps one of them should get a wild card in the GPs next year seeing as they are(as far as the BSPA are concerend)better riders than Lindback.

Edited by B.V 72

I m o the play offs are no longer about sport they are about the money.

So yes the BSPA are going to come up with an average for Lindback that allows him to ride in Britain just for the play offs. A G P rider should put bums on seats so potentialy more money for the sport.Sky will be over the moon to have a G P rider on there screens.Sky inject money into speedway so keep them sweet and they will keep broadcasting Elite league speedway.

Only my opinion but what other realistic reason is there for Giving a rider of Linback's class an assessed 7 point average when the likes of Cook and king have achieved an higher average over a full season.Perhaps one of them should get seeded into the GPs next year seeing as they are(as far as the BSPA are concerend)better riders than Lindback.

Play offs have always been about money ...without money there is no speedway

• Like 1

Play offs have always been about money ...without money there is no speedway

And thats why most people who turn up for the play offs have given up on league speedway and do not go throughout the season they just wait until the circus is in town.

PS there is nothing wrong with the play offs Poland and Sweden seem to do fine.Its the way that we do it in Britain that is the problem.We make them a joke most years by having rules that allow teams to strengthen up to near the play offs,and changing assed rider rules to allow a rider of Lindback class in on a 7 point average.Which every fan in the country bar Poole fans know is b/s.

Speedway is a sport so keep it fair and keep fans of all clubs happy the play offs will still get big crowds.

Edited by B.V 72

I would have thought so, as per my query to him above. But his post, to which I responded, didn't seem to indicate they were going to try to find out.

Can't understand why not, it's a question every Star reader wants answered ...

Nope, its been ratified, so TOUGH.

So has the decision about riding at Poole first tomorrow night but you kept droning on about having an explanation for that even though an explanation had been given!

• Like 1

It's strange every year something a bit dodgy seems to happen with Poole. Every time the decision seems legal but not quite right. Every year I want anyone to win except Poole because something doesn't seem quite right. Just putting my thoughts out as an outsider

• Like 2

It's strange every year something a bit dodgy seems to happen with Poole. Every time the decision seems legal but not quite right. Every year I want anyone to win except Poole because something doesn't seem quite right. Just putting my thoughts out as an outsider

Even wolves ???!!!