British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole Sign Lindback

No they wernt. Replacement for long term injury only. Hans wasn't long term injured so no replacement. Guest or r/r only.

Lindbacks 5 points should be removed.

Ok fair enough, but I am sure Poole will now recall the fit again Anderson.

I'm sorry but that's rubbish. Hans had stated on social media several times that he would be back in time. At the same time Middlo was saying he was out for the season with a long term injury.

Andersen always said it would only be a couple of weeks

well he was out for more that a couple of weeks as he withdrew from the SEC and only had the stitches out friday. he wasn't ready to be back in time for the play offs and was replaced.

Ok fair enough, but I am sure Poole will now recall the fit again Anderson.

We can't.

Not yet they haven't, Poole were quite entitled to use Lindback until Anderson was fit to return, which he has today by racing for his Polish club. That means he should resume racing for Poole starting at Wolves tomorrow night, if Lindback stays in the team then Poole are breaking the rules and you`d love to think the BSPA would grow a set and make sure all the clubs in this years EL play offs stick by the rules, however I am sure we will see Anderson suffer a re-action to racing today and be deemed unfit for the Poole fixture tomorrow night.

Think about it.

The facility a week before the play offs start is for a LONG TERM INJURY ONLY.

We haven't even had the 2nd leg of the semis yet and Hans is riding today abroad.

Therefore the facility should NEVER have been given.

Hans cannot come back because he has already been replaced. Not temporarily, but long term as the term suggests.

It's 100% clear.

Andersen was not a long term injury and Poole have tried to claim that he was. They have deceived the BSPA.

As such Lindback was ineligble. Ineligible riders points are deducted.

• Like 4

Well I have to be honest, I got sucked into believing Andersen's injury was season ending and gave Poole the benefit of the doubt as the injury was genuine.

This is without question, a breaking of the rule.

Disappointed

• Like 1

In a properly ran sport there is always sanction against any team found retrospectively to have mis-led the League by requesting and ultimately receiving 'special dispensation' when they actually were not eligible to get it...

A dim view of 'seeking to gain an unlawful advantage' is taken in virtually all properly ran sports...

(Whether a 'genuine' mistake or not as 'ignorance is no defence')

Thank goodness for Poole that this is Speedway and not a properly ran sport eh?

Wouldn't surprise anyone if CVS headed up their defence case!!?😀😂

Edit: Just had a thought...

Presuming today hasn't caused any aggravation to Hans' 'season ending (but only in Britain) injury'

Could the Wolves promotion team now put a protest in tomorrow night against Lindback's inclusion based on it being 'unlawful'.

Even though his inclusion was sanctioned by the Wolves promoter...?😂

And some people actually complain that the wider national press doesn't take the sport seriously...😂

Edited by mikebv

Well I have to be honest, I got sucked into believing Andersen's injury was season ending and gave Poole the benefit of the doubt as the injury was genuine.

This is without question, a breaking of the rule.

Disappointed

Me to, if Buster Chapman is serious about his Chairmanship of the BSPA then he must move to rule Poole`s team illegal. If the supporters can see then the rule makers should do to.

• Like 1

What a load of old guff from the usual anti Poole brigade!

Poole are not better off with Lindback as he is likely to score less than Hands (see what I did there) around Monmore.

Poole had to make a decision based on the facts of the time. Fricke had speared Andersen and caused a quite nasty hand injury. What were Poole actually meant to do? Go with guests and risk a Klindt moment? Or bring in an asset of the club in the hope he could match Andersens scoring?

No cheating at all. And now Andersen has decided to try out his injury, unsuccessfully with 0,1,1,1. Clearly fit to ride. But not race.

Anyway we can't revert even if we wanted to. The rules just do not allow it.

We have to ride at Monmore with a rider who is not likely to trouble the scorers in any serious way, when we could have gone with Harris, (now booked by Lakeside)

Wolves must be happy we played a straight bat with a like for like replacement rather than using guests who would have scored more.

Poole are not better off with Lindback as he is likely to score less than Hands (see what I did there) around Monmore.

Poole had to make a decision based on the facts of the time. Fricke had speared Andersen and caused a quite nasty hand injury. What were Poole actually meant to do? Go with guests and risk a Klindt moment? Or bring in an asset of the club in the hope he could match Andersens scoring?

No cheating at all. And now Andersen has decided to try out his injury, unsuccessfully with 0,1,1,1. Clearly fit to ride. But not race.

We have to ride at Monmore with a rider who is not likely to trouble the scorers in any serious way, when we could have gone with Harris, (now booked by Lakeside)

Wolves must be happy we played a straight bat with a like for like replacement rather than using guests who would have scored more.

Pure comedy.

the facts at the time where he wasnt a long term injury only ford and middlo said that because they used that as an excuse to strengthen the team if you carnt see that your more blinkered than stevie wonder

Yep, points should be removed from Poole's first leg total, that's a given .....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You miss the point (not unexpected for you) - whether Lindback strengthens you or not is irrelevant. Hans does not have a long term injury therefore, no injury replacement allowed, therefore points scored should be deducted and Hans should ride tomorrow!

We all know nothing will happen but it doesn't change the fact that Poole are proven to be CHEATING SCUMBAGS!

• Like 1

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You miss the point (not unexpected for you) - whether Lindback strengthens you or not is irrelevant. Hans does not have a long term injury therefore, no injury replacement allowed, therefore points scored should be deducted and Hans should ride tomorrow!

We all know nothing will happen but it doesn't change the fact that Poole are proven to be CHEATING SCUMBAGS!

He is atill suffering from his injury and wouldnt of rode monday we would have used a guest if we hadnt repllaced him

Yep, points should be removed from Poole's first leg total, that's a given .....

Haha your funny