British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skidder1

New Scb Chief Officer Announced.

Congratulations to Neil Vatcher for his appointment effective 1st October 2016.

With other news today, all round a pretty good day for Poole!! :-) :-)

Congratulations to Neil Vatcher for his appointment effective 1st October 2016.

With other news today, all round a pretty good day for Poole!! :-) :-)

Oh good, it gets better. Congrate Neil. Poole look forward to working with you... :D

Clearly there were better candidates :wink: :wink: :wink: but a good appointment. Neil has done a tremendous job (given the limited resources and lack of facilities) with the youth development programme.

However given the stuff I have been hearing, and the article in last week's Star about changing the role, the really interesting part will be his job description, and how much it differs from the one that the six candidates were interviewed for.

Clearly there were better candidates :wink: :wink: :wink: but a good appointment. Neil has done a tremendous job (given the limited resources and lack of facilities) with the youth development programme.

He certainly has... :t:

Did anybody on here or know of anybody who is not in the current speedway clique that applied for the job ?

Did anybody on here or know of anybody who is not in the current speedway clique that applied for the job ?

The six shortlisted candidates interviewed were:

Jim MacGregor

Margaret Vardy

Dave Peet

Neil Vatcher

Paul Hurry

Arnie Gibbons

There was an ad in the Speedway Star

The six shortlisted candidates interviewed were:

Jim MacGregor

Margaret Vardy

Dave Peet

Neil Vatcher

Paul Hurry

Arnie Gibbons

There was an ad in the Speedway Star

ok the top 5 are all considered in the circle , were there any other candidates ? Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

ok the top 5 are all considered in the circle , were there any other candidates ?

So why shouldn't it be from the 'circle'. The raft of referees was the natural place to get a successor and Jim McGregor was offered it but withdrew. Neil is a good choice, unless you know different.

More conspiracy theories. :nono:

• Like 1

Only hope is,that we have a non-biased person in charge who does the best to preserve Speedway in the uk !

So why shouldn't it be from the 'circle'. The raft of referees was the natural place to get a successor and Jim McGregor was offered it but withdrew. Neil is a good choice, unless you know different.

I didn't say Neil was a bad choice , I just wanted to know if anybody from outside the current circle was put forward so get off your high horse and don't assume

ok the top 5 are all considered in the circle , were there any other candidates ?

Are you saying Arnie Gibbons isn't in the circle? :wink:

I'd have voted for you Arnie. :lol:

Congratulations to Neil Vatcher, a man I have a lot of respect for. Thank you too, to Graham Reeve, who in my opinion has been a master in that role. I wish him well for the future.

• Like 5

What we have got is someone who is experienced in speedway and it seems is well thought of.

But, as Dean rightly says, he is from 'the circle'.

Arnie is a man of integrity and a true speedway fan who is from outside it. To my mind, given the sustained and substantial criticism of BSPA & SCB decisions, he would have made a far more popular and credible choice with those who actually pay every week at the turnstiles and quite possibly might have at least tried to introduce the transparency that the sport needs.

While I can see Neil Vatcher endorsing the signing of Antonio Lindback on a 7.00 point average to please Poole Speedway, I doubt very much that Arnie would.

The only thing is I suspect Arnie wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes whereas Neil Vatcher will.

So would I!

Me too.

• Like 4