British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skidder1

New Scb Chief Officer Announced.

While I can see Neil Vatcher endorsing the signing of Antonio Lindback on a 7.00 point average to please Poole Speedway, I doubt very much that Arnie would.

Which is why he would never have been the top choice. Shame as it's about time we had someone with integrity.

What we have got is someone who is experienced in speedway and it seems is well thought of.

But, as Dean rightly says, he is from 'the circle'.

I said he was, and that is where you would normally expect to get the replacement from. DEAN says that Neil isn't a bad choice so whats his complain. Just more knocking from DEAN as usual, and I don't have to sit on a high horse to see that.

Arnie is a man of integrity and a true speedway fan who is from outside it. To my mind, given the sustained and substantial criticism of BSPA & SCB decisions, he would have made a far more popular and credible choice with those who actually pay every week at the turnstiles and quite possibly might have at least tried to introduce the transparency that the sport needs.

While I can see Neil Vatcher endorsing the signing of Antonio Lindback on a 7.00 point average to please Poole Speedway, I doubt very much that Arnie would.

The signing of Lindback is within the rules, just like the other signing of Tai for Wolves. Are you suggesting that the SCB should have appointed a guy(from outside the circle) who would have stopped a legal move and exercised his power regardless of the rules. That rather suggests that democracy and law-abiding in Speedway can be ignored by an individual. Surely that suggestion smacks at hypocrisy given the complaints of the BSPA, and rather blows the argument of an independent body or individual to oversee all matters in Speedway. You are really trying to endorse with the new guy what quite a number of posters on here regularly complain about the BSPA/SCB.

The only thing is I suspect Arnie wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes whereas Neil Vatcher will.

And if he tried to break the rules himself he shouldn't last 5 minutes either.

Me too.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

It's more than just cause it's leagle ,(Christ I'm banging my head against a brick wall )the issue in all this is how it's gets to this point , he achieves an average and that should be the end of it no ifs no buts it's an average and that's what he comes in at but in speedway that doesn't matter anymore cause he hasn't rode here for years , so what? That's his average , no grey areas that's it , the whole system is flawed and open to abuse , it's pathetic and that's what needs to be addressed and that will never happen while the same old faces and their sympathisers self rule , can't anybody within speedway see what all this crap is doing to the credibility of speedway ? I will enlighten you , it's killing it, I like Neil , he is a good man and he is exactly the person that the SCB "want"

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 7

Wasn't Richard Hall told he would have to ride on his 2004 conference average, when he wanted to race in the National League earlier this year?

A good man Neil like him alot respect him he has done a great job with the youth set up.But he is not right for this job british speedway is dying a slow death.

Why did AJ come in on a 9.05 average yet Lindback comes in on a 7 point average.?

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 3

A good man Neil like him alot respect him he has done a great job with the youth set up.But he is not right for this job british speedway is dying a slow death.

Why did AJ come in on a 9.05 average yet Lindback comes in on a 7 point average.?

It will be interesting to see if anything changes within the SCB going forward but unfortunately the BSPA just continue to make one unbelievable decision after another.

Who on earth made the decision to assess one of the current best riders in the world from 7.94 to 7.00, when their own rules set a precedent of 8.00.

Good television it will undoubtably be with sky rubbing it's hands but it's quite amazing that the sport continues to make itself look completely incompetent yet again and adds fuel to the fire of its many critics.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 4

It will be interesting to see if anything changes within the SCB going forward but unfortunately the BSPA just continue to make one unbelievable decision after another.

Who on earth made the decision to assess one of the current best riders in the world from 7.94 to 7.00, when their own rules set a precedent of 8.00.

Good television it will undoubtably be with sky rubbing it's hands but it's quite amazing that the sport continues to make itself look completely incompetent yet again and adds fuel to the fire of its many critics.

The Richard Hall decision a man trying to make a living for himself and the Judgement of Lindback's average how can the sport be taken seriously.Ford i dont blame him he has done nothing wrong at all it is the rules in place that should be scrapped and start again with a blank page.

It's more than just cause it's leagle ,(Christ I'm banging my head against a brick wall )the issue in all this is how it's gets to this point , he achieves an average and that should be the end of it no ifs no buts it's an average and that's what he comes in at but in speedway that doesn't matter anymore cause he hasn't rode here for years , so what? That's his average , no grey areas that's it , the whole system is flawed and open to abuse , it's pathetic and that's what needs to be addressed and that will never happen while the same old faces and their sympathisers self rule , can't anybody within speedway see what all this crap is doing to the credibility of speedway ? I will enlighten you , it's killing it, I like Neil , he is a good man and he is exactly the person that the SCB "want"

I can understand an average reduction for a rider who has been out of speedway for a considerable time for whatever reason.

But for a rider who has continued to compete at the highest level just because he hasn't ridden in the EL ? No chance.

That's one of the real problems, because no-one ever puts a name to the decision maker.

I can understand an average reduction for a rider who has been out of speedway for a considerable time for whatever reason.

But for a rider who has continued to compete at the highest level just because he hasn't ridden in the EL ? No chance.

That's one of the real problems, because no-one ever puts a name to the decision maker.

But at the end of the day, Tai or Lindback averages has got sod all to do with the fine appointment of Neil Vacher to his new position. Indeed, noone seems to be against his appointment, and acknowledge his considerable involvement from the tools to senior appointments and now Chief Officer. Instead we are discussing issues that had nowt to do with him. Oh Dear. :nono:

Edited by Tsunami

In Sweden your avg is erased after two years of not riding. Back to assessed after that.

I was actually going to apply, but it's a sidejob so had no chance of making it work. So did not apply.

Maybe the speedway star could give Jim McGregor a chance to tell his side and why he turned the job down , might be worth a read