Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skidder1

New Scb Chief Officer Announced.

Maybe the speedway star could give Jim McGregor a chance to tell his side and why he turned the job down , might be worth a read

Basically it is a full time job that was only offering part-time pay. Suspect that put some people off.

Basically it is a full time job that was only offering part-time pay. Suspect that put some people off.

if that were the case why not say that before final 6 and when you do withdraw why say because it was taking to long but whatever the reasons lets here them Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

Who on earth made the decision to assess one of the current best riders in the world from 7.94 to 7.00, when their own rules set a precedent of 8.00.

Will we ever get an answer to this?

What kind of money were they offering?

Fixed lump sum with some added travel expenses. Not enough to move there, or if already there to live on with my small family. Enough info for me so didnt enquire more.

I know the work basically sucks as it's your fault that speedway is in the state that it is, but it would have been great!!! :lol:

Edited by f-s-p

It's because 5+ 9-2 divided by a sunny day in 2003 and any other rubbish that speedway can come up with because it's too simple just to have an average with no ifs no butts that is there in black and white that can not be disputed by anyone and everyone understands , it's needs to be complicated because it's speedway

• Like 1

If anyone involved with Speedway cannot see thats its almost on its last legs, then they shouldnt be in Speedway.. whilst i dont know Neil and this is not aimed at him, this post should have been given to someone who has an objective view of the issues within Speedway, not to someone from within who sees the Sport from within its own time warp... WE simply have to make the Sport more affordable, we have to ensure the SKY money drifts down to the grass roots, and doesnt simply continue to subsidise poorly promoted Elite league Teams that are only Elite due to the SKY income.. the other major issue is attendances as i said earlier the cost has to be reduced so therefore admission prices can be reduced, Teenagers need to be enticed back through the turnstiles, look around you next time you visit any Track have a look how many under thirties or even under 40,s are there, reduced costs for families have to be considered... a nigh out for a family of four what will it cost ? the best part of £60+ how many families can afford that in there budget these days... not many i can tell you..

Im afraid to say but unless things change Neil will be presiding over the death throes of British Speedway, can anyone say hand on heart, British Speedway as we know it will be around in 10 years time, i doubt that i will, and neither will speedway in my opinion..

• Like 2

Maybe the speedway star could give Jim McGregor a chance to tell his side and why he turned the job down , might be worth a read

Investigative journalism by the SS? Are you serious? :rofl::nono::wink:

Will we ever get an answer to this?

IN Speedway Star this week...

Once the SCB's press release has been copied and pasted in place...

Who is Annie gibbons ?....sorry for ignorance about himArnie !!...predictive text !!!

Search me!

• Like 2

Fixed lump sum with some added travel expenses. Not enough to move there, or if already there to live on with my small family. Enough info for me so didnt enquire more.

I know the work basically sucks as it's your fault that speedway is in the state that it is, but it would have been great!!! :lol:

Add to that the regular donations from Matt Ford .and it would be quite a good job

If anyone involved with Speedway cannot see thats its almost on its last legs, then they shouldnt be in Speedway.. whilst i dont know Neil and this is not aimed at him, this post should have been given to someone who has an objective view of the issues within Speedway, not to someone from within who sees the Sport from within its own time warp... WE simply have to make the Sport more affordable, we have to ensure the SKY money drifts down to the grass roots, and doesnt simply continue to subsidise poorly promoted Elite league Teams that are only Elite due to the SKY income.. the other major issue is attendances as i said earlier the cost has to be reduced so therefore admission prices can be reduced, Teenagers need to be enticed back through the turnstiles, look around you next time you visit any Track have a look how many under thirties or even under 40,s are there, reduced costs for families have to be considered... a nigh out for a family of four what will it cost ? the best part of £60+ how many families can afford that in there budget these days... not many i can tell you..

Im afraid to say but unless things change Neil will be presiding over the death throes of British Speedway, can anyone say hand on heart, British Speedway as we know it will be around in 10 years time, i doubt that i will, and neither will speedway in my opinion..

Don't totally agree because people have been predicting the death of the sport for 30 years or more and they were doing the same thing in the 50's and 60's. It'll survive although in what form I am not so sure.

Its financial position isn't much different from other sports, in that it is propped up by wealthy owners and sponsorship. Speedway's losses are positively tiny compared to the £170 million owed by Bolton Wanderers, for example.

Having said that, it clearly isn't in the peak of health.

Get back to basics - good tracks, no delays, good presentation, no cheating or rule bending. Transparency in decision making. I can't say that will definitely work but its clearly what most existing fans want.

Isle of Wight's entry, programme and parking for 2 adults and 2 children is £24.50. That's comparable with any other form of evening entertainment.

• Like 2