British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ace no.5

Lakeside Vs Belle Vue, 21/9/16...

I expect AJ is already on painkillers - at least at BV there will be no hard turns if he rides.

What is a real shame is that Lakeside are running without a No 1 and sadly no AJ.

I really thought that Cookie would really go for it and get a NAME in to make tomorrow interesting.

I would have gone tomorrow, but now I really do not see the attraction at all.

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

• Like 1

What is a real shame is that Lakeside are running without a No 1 and sadly no AJ.

I really thought that Cookie would really go for it and get a NAME in to make tomorrow interesting.

I felt the same as you when the news of R/R was first announced. The more I think about it however it's clear why it's been done. Out of interest who do you have in mind who will come in and guarantee us a job as good as AJ would have done?

I felt the same as you when the news of R/R was first announced. The more I think about it however it's clear why it's been done. Out of interest who do you have in mind who will come in and guarantee us a job as good as AJ would have done?

That is excatly the point. Of all the riders that have guested in place of AJ in the last couple of years the only one that wasn't total rubbish was Scott Nicholls. None of the others even scored six points let alone anything approaching the average they were on.

It's all very well for people to keep on about having a big name but who are you realistically going to get that knows the track, could give a toss whether Lakeside go through of not, as long as they get their guaranteed payment. , and most importantly, brings his own equipment. At least Kasprzak has his own bikes over here.

I woukd love some big name star to step into the breach, but I don't think there are any that would fit the bill at this end of the season. You only have to look at the way Nicki P took the P last time he did a few late season meetings for Peterborough.

I cannot guarantee anybody coming in and doing as good a job as AJ.

Just to attract more Speedway supporters to fight the Dartford tunnel Traffic ( :mad: ) get in somebody like Hancock.

I am hopeful that out top four of Lawson/Bridger/Kennett and Nilsson will pick up paid 9 from R/R.

Providing they score in their own rides and our reserves score a combined 9...

I predict we will win by 14 ..and that should make it interesting for next Monday :t:

Interview with Cook on BBC Essex and he said they agreed a deal with a rider from Poland who was due to come over Monday, then he said they got the call from AJ saying he will return next week so that's why they never signed the Polish rider as it would have ruled AJ out for second leg and Final if we made it.

Interview with Cook on BBC Essex and he said they agreed a deal with a rider from Poland who was due to come over Monday, then he said they got the call from AJ saying he will return next week so that's why they never signed the Polish rider as it would have ruled AJ out for second leg and Final if we made it.

Hmm, what Polish rider would want to ride for Lakeside? Based on track size, I'm sure Lakeside as a club is fine! :)

Come on Lakeside, you can do this..

Hmm, what Polish rider would want to ride for Lakeside? Based on track size, I'm sure Lakeside as a club is fine! :)

Maybe a Polish rider with their own use of a 'small' track to practice on!!? :wink:

Maybe a Polish rider with their own use of a 'small' track to practice on!!? :wink:

Pawlicki brothers have there own small track if I remember correctly.

Come on Lakeside, you can do this..

Your so desperate it's funny. Just concentrate in beating wolves first.

• Like 5

Going for the team with most ex Robins.......... :t:

Your so desperate it's funny. Just concentrate in beating wolves first.

No we will be happy to do our job, just you consentrate on yours. Wouldn't like to see you get beat now... :rofl: