British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ace no.5

Lakeside Vs Belle Vue, 21/9/16...

Starman obviously petrified of Belle Vue.

• Like 1

Hmm, what Polish rider would want to ride for Lakeside? Based on track size, I'm sure Lakeside as a club is fine! :)

Tomas's Jerdrzak came over in 2008 did one practice lap the scored a paid maximum in his first ever meeting for Lakeside. He's getting a bit long in the tooth now unfortunately.

• Like 1

You only have to look at the way Nicki P took the P last time he did a few late season meetings for Peterborough.

Slightly confusing to say the least?

Nicki rode 20 meetings at the start of 2011 for Peterborough and averaged 8.61. Good for 4th overall in the national averages.

Wish some of today's lightweights would come and take the P with those kind of stats!

Tomas's Jerdrzak came over in 2008 did one practice lap the scored a paid maximum in his first ever meeting for Lakeside. He's getting a bit long in the tooth now unfortunately.

Not too surprised he did OK at Lakeside, he looked decent around the tight turns of Kirky Lane a few moons ago, we didn't see enough of him though in the end.

So has R/R been confirmed?

I think Lakeside have it all to do here. They couldn't beat a virtual 3 man side of Paul Starke, Adam Ellis and Chris Holder.

Surely must be a replacement somewhere who rides Lakeside well.

What about Kenneth Bjerre or would the home team rather Martin Goodwin put his No 1 racejacket back on.

7-8 points win for the Aces in my opinion but you never know and again I wouldn't be surprised by a small margin win for Lakeside.

Kenny bjerre isn't any strong my than r/r IMO, and has a reputation for choking in the play offs. Home win by 6-8 I reckon.

Lakeside have lost only one match at home this year and have a significant home track advantage. R/R should score pretty much what AJ would have done. We have riders who can do well there but I can't see us winning. I hope we do of course but I will be satisfied if we can keep it reasonably close.

Don't pull starry up on his spelling he will call you an idiot !

Or more likely an 'idoit'...😁

• Like 1

Having no AJ is quite a blow, but I wouldn't go writing Lakeside off.

Their huge home track advantage is still a major player here. Look what they did to Swindon when they needed the points to get into the play-offs.

Belle Vue are a big track team with fast engines to get around BV. Quite the opposite is needed at Lakeside.

I can see a decent home win tonight leaving it all in the balance on Monday.

10am WEATHER CHECK

Here just across the Thames from the track it's fine, bright and sunny and the Met Office say that we won't be getting any rain at all today so I don't expect to have to field many, if any, "Is tonight's meeting on cos it's chucking it down here," phone calls unless you're phoning from a tropical rainforest so come on down as someone used to say on the gogglebox! I understand tonight's programme also has a scorechart for you to fill in the results of the other match taking place at Poole with races from there being shown on a big screen at Arena Essex.