British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ace no.5

Lakeside Vs Belle Vue, 21/9/16...

10am WEATHER CHECK

Here just across the Thames from the track it's fine, bright and sunny and the Met Office say that we won't be getting any rain at all today so I don't expect to have to field many, if any, "Is tonight's meeting on cos it's chucking it down here," phone calls unless you're phoning from a tropical rainforest so come on down as someone used to say on the gogglebox! I understand tonight's programme also has a scorechart for you to fill in the results of the other match taking place at Poole with races from there being shown on a big screen at Arena Essex.

Do you get many fans from the equatorial rain forest of Basildon.

Working this evening so will have to record this, interestly the tv guide says 19:30 to 21:30 hmmm i dont think sky are going to be able to fit 30 heats plus all the reruns from jumping the start in two hours.

Predictions: Poole to win by 14-16 points, Hammers vs Aces a draw or 2 point win for Aces, Next Monday will be a mere formality on both counts, semi finals tend to be one sided affairs, the money match is Poole vs Belle Vue and will be a cracker, scores to settle and what not.

Having no AJ is quite a blow, but I wouldn't go writing Lakeside off.

Their huge home track advantage is still a major player here. Look what they did to Swindon when they needed the points to get into the play-offs.

Belle Vue are a big track team with fast engines to get around BV. Quite the opposite is needed at Lakeside.

I can see a decent home win tonight leaving it all in the balance on Monday.

Id say most of the Aces prefer small tracks, we ride wolves excellent and only lost by 3 at lakeside last visit without zagar who goes well there. So no excuses about the track tonight.

Id say most of the Aces prefer small tracks, we ride wolves excellent and only lost by 3 at lakeside last visit without zagar who goes well there. So no excuses about the track tonight.

I would say that is more to do with your quality of rider than your riders like small tracks otherwise that would be quite a problem on your home track!

I would say that is more to do with your quality of rider than your riders like small tracks otherwise that would be quite a problem on your home track!

Yes, prefer was the wrong word, i will change it to comfortable on small tracks.

12.45pm WEATHER CHECK:

Still fine, bright and sunnyl

A quick reminder that it's a 7.30pm start tonight.

Yes, prefer was the wrong word, i will change it to comfortable on small tracks.

I would agree they are all comfortable at Lakeside so it should be a cracking meeting with some good close racing.

If we ride like Friday, I can see us winning by 14, especially if Zagar is hit and miss.

Up the Hammers!

If we ride like Friday, I can see us winning by 14, especially if Zagar is hit and miss.

Up the Hammers!

Zagar is hit and miss at his own track let alone Lakeside. I hope the Hammers put up a fight they are in form but will need a decent lead to defend.

• Like 1

If we ride like Friday, I can see us winning by 14, especially if Zagar is hit and miss.Up the Hammers!

14 points would keep the tie open which would be great but don't forget on Friday we had Nicholls, tonight Scott is in the other side of the pits and riding as a second string, not a heat leader.

Belle vue are mentally stronger than Swindon so id expect us to fight much better than they did. I'm going lakeside 48 Aces 42.

Belle vue are mentally stronger than Swindon so id expect us to fight much better than they did. I'm going lakeside 48 Aces 42.

Eh? Mentally stronger? The fact that it is dry should help BV and they didn't finish top of the pile because they are pants. Lakeside on the other hand are pants away from home so they will need to build up a lead or it will be all over for them tonight.

5pm, NO Weather problems, gates open 6pm. Flipping quiet here as have had NO "is it on calls"

Edited by Bryn