British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
james1234

Czech Golden Helmet 2017 Help And Advice

I know this years event hasn't even run yet, but im looking at going next year,

Looking at previous threads over the years about the weekend it seems the Hotel Euro is the place to stay.

Any ideas when the Hotel releases rooms on booking.com for next year.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

james

I know this years event hasn't even run yet, but im looking at going next year,

Looking at previous threads over the years about the weekend it seems the Hotel Euro is the place to stay.

Any ideas when the Hotel releases rooms on booking.com for next year.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

james

One of the guys that I sit with at Berwick is over there now and I think he is staying at the Hotel Euro, next time I see him I will point him in your direction and ask if he will send you a PM with the information you need.

2017 Czech Golden Helmet dates :

http://www.zlataprilba.cz/

29th September - 1st October 2017

The dates were actually released on Tuesday, I had them within thirty minutes of release, but 100% of hotels in Pardubice were booked on both booking.com and travelrepublic !

I have booked a room 20 miles away in Kutna Hora, where the Sedlec Ossuary AKA "Bone Church" is....

On the Pardubice Speedway page on Facebook, I posed the question of how people were clearly getting the dates early, and then a staff member from the Hotel Euro replied, saying to contact the hotel directly, as the hotel DID have rooms available...she has not replied to the follow up questions of a German guy and myself asking whether hotels are actually "block booking" rooms themselves on the two sites mentioned above, to sell them directly to customers (And thereby avoid paying fees to the two booking sites)...

Whilst it would be ideal to stay close to the track, I assume it is still straightforward to get back to Prague after the meeting!

Whilst it would be ideal to stay close to the track, I assume it is still straightforward to get back to Prague after the meeting!

It is not practical doing it for 3 days in a row. There are enough hotels in Pardubice and in other nearby cities to stay in.

It is not practical doing it for 3 days in a row. There are enough hotels in Pardubice and in other nearby cities to stay in.

I wouldnt say that it wasnt practical, as train from Pardubice to Prague can take as little as 55 minutes.

However, I do agree that Chrudim, Hradec Kralove, Kolin, Kutna Hora and Prelouc provide closer options.

Thanks guys, I'd be happy to get train back as it is only the Golden Helmet/Track I want to kick off the bucket list.... Cheers