British Speedway Forum

Have tried building a team below 50 using these new calcs and it seems difficult.

With last years riders I get to about 60 using act PL averages and EL riders only plus and times 1.4, a total of 55.72 plus whatever Stefan would be.

Our reps at the agm have stated that 50 is a bit low..

It would be good if the BSPA could produce a list of the averages for each rider that can be used for team building.

Edited by A ORLOV

So with regard to Nick and Justin are their 2015 PL averages used or their EL average from this year times 1.4?

Doyle has over 13 when converted which he can't achieve so once he gets new average does that allow us to then use the points he drops to swap out say a 3 or 4 point rider for a 5 or 6?

If those that took the plunge to go full time EL last season (like Morris and Sedgmen) are not considered special cases then they will have been shafted! Would be a shame if Ellis has to go with his EL average too

• Like 2

If those that took the plunge to go full time EL last season (like Morris and Sedgmen) are not considered special cases then they will have been shafted! Would be a shame if Ellis has to go with his EL average too

It depends. Morris is actually very attractive on his average of 8.87, compared to say Brady Kurtz on 9.22 - despite them having almost identical EL averages.

Sedgmen on 7.6 is about middle of the road.

Doyle's average is too high in my opinion. If we go with him then we will need four very low average riders, something like:
Doyle (13.41)
Milik (7.94)
Watt (7.56)
Wright (6.59)
Nielsen (5.53)
Adam Roynon (5.05)
Danny Ayres (3.56)
Without Doyle we can have a bit more strength in depth:
Kildemand (9.94)
Morris (8.97)
Milik (7.94)
Watt (7.56)
Wright (6.59)
Steve Boxall (5.15)
Danny Aires (3.56)

Kurtz didn't do enough 2016 PL meetings. His 2017 average will be his converted EL average of 9.02

So with regard to Nick and Justin are their 2015 PL averages used or their EL average from this year times 1.4?

Doyle has over 13 when converted which he can't achieve so once he gets new average does that allow us to then use the points he drops to swap out say a 3 or 4 point rider for a 5 or 6?

Good point regarding Doyle,he will lose 1.5pts or more off his average pretty much straight away.So if the team starts off poor with Doyle in it you could see a re-declaration as soon as allowed.

It depends. Morris is actually very attractive on his average of 8.87, compared to say Brady Kurtz on 9.22 - despite them having almost identical EL averages.

Doyle's average is too high in my opinion. If we go with him then we will need four very low average riders, something like:
Doyle (13.41)
Milik (7.94)
Watt (7.56)
Wright (6.59)
Nielsen (5.53)
Adam Roynon (5.05)
Danny Ayres (3.56)
Kildemand (9.94)
Morris (8.97)
Milik (7.94)
Watt (7.56)
Wright (6.59)
Steve Boxall (5.15)
Danny Aires (3.56)

Prefer the first as it is unlikely that Killer will ride over here and secondly with the daft average of Doyle which will drop to about 9.4 points after a few meetings at which point if the limit stays at 50 we can swap out a low average rider for a higher averaged rider with an average 4 points higher.

Edited by A ORLOV

How can u not have Doyle if he wants to ride here, always ridden, now top of his game, a pleasure to watch hmmmmm

Prefer the first as it is unlikely that Killer will ride over here and secondly with the daft average of Doyle which will drop to about 9.4 points after a few meetings at which point if the limit stays at 50 we can swap out a low average rider for a higher averaged rider with an average 4 points higher.

I don't think it will work like that somehow, otherwise all teams will be well under the team building limit after the first greensheets.

I assume that for team building purposes all riders will use their PL converted (multiplied by 1.4) averages for the whole season.

• Like 1

From a racing point of view would have preferred the EL format but with heats 12 and 14 swapped with the PL ones. It was great seeing more heat leaders meeting each other. I suppose the effect on averages made it a non starter

I don't think it will work like that somehow, otherwise all teams will be well under the team building limit after the first greensheets.

I assume that for team building purposes all riders will use their PL converted (multiplied by 1.4) averages for the whole season.

If that is the case I get the impression the replacement of a rider could get messy with some riders increasing and some dropping their average.

• Like 1

You think? I think the BSPA have just messed up.

Personally I'd sign two big name riders on 12-13 points and after 8-12 meeting use the free 5-6 points to replace my under performing lower riders. I'd then have the best top two in the league for as start and as they can score you 25 points a meeting you don't need a lot from the other 5 - 4 points each.

Personally I'd sign two big name riders on 12-13 points and after 8-12 meeting use the free 5-6 points to replace my under performing lower riders. I'd then have the best top two in the league for as start and as they can score you 25 points a meeting you don't need a lot from the other 5 - 4 points each.

Would not be surprised if the brains at the bspa have slipped up, if they cannot even put out a correct statement about the 1.4 %.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Doyle (13.41)

Milik (7.94)

Watt (7.56)

Wright (6.59)

Nielsen (5.53)

Adam Roynon (5.05)

Danny Ayres (3.56)

Kildemand (9.94)

Morris (8.97)

Milik (7.94)

Watt (7.56)

Wright (6.59)

Steve Boxall (5.15)

Danny Aires (3.56)

Crikey those 2 teams hardly look any good so going to be interesting seeing what teams the clubs come up with.

• Like 2

There's always some post-AGM info coming out, and I reckon more info will be forthcoming about it sooner or later.

I'm sure there will be some unannounced restrictions put in place. Surely! Right?