British Speedway Forum

I don't see why it would be 14+ once he attains a proper average. He should drop from 14 to around 10 with the first set of averages, which would give Swindon some points to play with.

We will have a very weak bottom end, but we need Jason for crowd levels to be sustained from the off.

All teams would be in the same boat though, with seven or eight points to pay with.

They well either drop the team building limit to 42 after the first set of greensheets or more likely retain the 1.4 multiplier for team building purposes.

All teams averages are going to move towards 43 or 44 with the ones doing well a bit more and the ones struggling a bit lower. Those are what points on offer in a meeting. So redeclare and get the likes of Kildemand in to replace Neilsen.

I'm assuming people like Zengota, Kildemand etc with only an EL average will also be subject to the 1.4 conversion? Am I assuming incorrectly? So, if they are not in an initial declaration then it practically freezes them out from being introduced further into the season

I'm assuming people like Zengota, Kildemand etc with only an EL average will also be subject to the 1.4 conversion? Am I assuming incorrectly? So, if they are not in an initial declaration then it practically freezes them out from being introduced further into the season

I also assume they will be subject to the confession, but they won't be frozen out, as the points limit will be 50 for the whole season.

I also assume they will be subject to the confession, but they won't be frozen out, as the points limit will be 50 for the whole season.

If it's 50 for the full season then I can see that.....I thought (again possibly a wrong assumption) that the points limit would drop after 1st set of greensheets once every rider has a correct Premiership & Championship average that could be used for the rest of the season....I guess we'll find out

If it's 50 for the full season then I can see that.....I thought (again possibly a wrong assumption) that the points limit would drop after 1st set of greensheets once every rider has a correct Premiership & Championship average that could be used for the rest of the season....I guess we'll find out

Please see my post no 195.

As I understand it, the 50 points limit is for initial team building only! Once everyone has an actual 2017 average the limit will be lowered. Forget the idea that every team is going to have 6/7 points or more to redeclare with that just would not work!

• Like 1

If those two lineups MattK has suggested are typical of next years Premiercrap then I think my longstanding attendance of this once great sport will be over, insulting

The points limit is just under 36 in "old money".

• Like 1

As I understand it, the 50 points limit is for initial team building only! Once everyone has an actual 2017 average the limit will be lowered. Forget the idea that every team is going to have 6/7 points or more to redeclare with that just would not work!

Even so, Doyle's average will drop by about 4 points so Swindon should have scope to improve once the averages come in.

Despite having the best rider in the World, they will be very weak from 2-7, so will be low I suspect.

Even so, Doyle's average will drop by about 4 points so Swindon should have scope to improve once the averages come in.

Despite having the best rider in the World, they will be very weak from 2-7, so will be low I suspect.

The overall standard will be lower but if all teams are in the same boat will it matter. The main issue that I see is that the riders could well be strung out due to the standard of riders.

• Like 1

The overall standard will be lower but if all teams are in the same boat will it matter. The main issue that I see is that the riders could well be strung out due to the standard of riders.

Yep. the much criticised format of the last few seasons could actually have been a good thing this season, as a side lack swindon could go top heavy with a couple of 2 pointers at reserve, who will only be competitive against other riders of a similar ilk.
  • Like 1

Jason will not be averaging 10 per meeting, having come back from an injury, he might up his average after one or two months, think about it !!!!!!!

Jason will get 10 with ease, he won't be riding against the top guys every heat now as he has done the last 2 seasons, he'll now be riding against what were second strings last year but in heat leader positions this year plus the likes of Sarjeant as second strings. He's going to piss over this league.

Hopefully you are correct and our second heat leader brings a sick note so Jason can have an extra ride!

Could anyone give me an update on the new stadium?

There is a thread in the News and Discussion section.

We were told work would start on Oct 28th, then that work was delayed a couple of weeks.

One individual posted that someone had dug a few holes at the site.

That is it.

I see from twitter that Rosco is giving a talk on Sam FM Swindon, whatever that is, about the plans for the new stadium.

If anyone heard or hears it can they report what the latest news is, thanks