British Speedway Forum

Justin Sedgmen has just tweeted "any clubs in UK feel free to sign me", so unfortunately it looks like he is not riding for Swindon.

You need to embrace the NL, Matt! At least ten good up and coming two pointers.

My point is, who says they'll be 2-pointers? Last year the lowest assessed average for NL riders new to the PL was 3.00.

Is the assumption that any NL rider without a PL average will start on an average of 2.00?

Have corrected post.

This meeting could test the parking plans.

Hope your not going to let our secret parking spot out of the bag!

Justin Sedgmen has just tweeted "any clubs in UK feel free to sign me", so unfortunately it looks like he is not riding for Swindon.

When you can have Davey Watt or Troy Batchelor on a lower average its going to be tricky for him.

Edited by foreverblue

I think Justin Sedgmen is one of those Aussies who has gone as far as he can in the sport.

Hi is another of those Aussies who is a case of almost but not quite if you get my meaning.

I don't want to see anyone lose out on the sport and I hope he at least gets a chance in the Championship which I think is his level. Was good for Edinburgh but falls short at top level (PL/EL) imo. I think he will struggle to get near 7.60 in a PL side.

I think much will depend on how many sides we also end up with in PL. I posted my comments on the Poole 2017 site today and would not surprise me if only 7 or 8 sides start although sincerely hope I am wrong.

Surely any rider that couldn't even average 3.00 in the PL last year is going to be a massive gamble and likely a shockingly poor addition to a Premiership team? Even in the weakened state.

You can add Nielsen to that list too

You can add Nielsen to that list too

Not seen anything to confirm that but I did post a while ago and earlier that I thought it unlikely he would be in the main team in 2017. If we have a NL team yes but Premier do not think so.

Edited by A ORLOV

My point is, who says they'll be 2-pointers? Last year the lowest assessed average for NL riders new to the PL was 3.00.

Is the assumption that any NL rider without a PL average will start on an average of 2.00?

Yes, including Ritchings I think as he averaged less than 2 for Ipswich.

Hope your not going to let our secret parking spot out of the bag!

When you can have Davey Watt or Troy Batchelor on a lower average its going to be tricky for him.

There's a reason why Justin has a higher average than those 2 & they pose more of a risk as well.

Both don't like wet tracks & are extremely flakey.

• Like 1

If you read Speedway Star it says averages between 2 and 3 stay as they are. Averages below 2 stay at 2.00.

There's a reason why Justin has a higher average than those 2 & they pose more of a risk as well.

Both don't like wet tracks & are extremely flakey.

Agree, would rather have someone who is more reliable throughout the season.

If you read Speedway Star it says averages between 2 and 3 stay as they are. Averages below 2 stay at 2.00.

Which is my interpretation of the press release when it says "a minimum of 2".

Not seen anything to confirm that but I did post a while ago and earlier that I thought it unlikely he would be in the main team in 2017. If we have a NL team yes but Premier do not think so.

For me "A ORLOV" his average is to high and no way would he cope in the top five.Also if we do have a promising two pointer at reserve we need someone stronger at reserve than Stefan to support him.
  • Like 1

Do you guys think Morris will ride for you. Because, just for example the most likely heatleaders for Rye House

1. Kennett

3.Scotty N

5. Harris

vs

1. Doyle

3. Ellis

5. Morris

I would back Rye house to get more points between those three.

• Like 1