British Speedway Forum

Tbh I'd be trying to be that first team, and be the side that manages to get JPB for example. I still think the 2 pointer route offers far more value than many of the 2016 edr and can see most sides signing at least one 2 or 3 pointer - so may as well get in first!

The issue I have is that you sign a 2-pointer and the team building limit is dropped to 42-ish, if that rider doesn't pan out then you'll spend all season trying out different NL riders trying to find one who's competitive.

This has happened to us before with draft riders and it is easy to say they only need to take three rides, but you'd be surprised at the dent an uncompetitive #7 makes in a side.

I have no idea what D Bellego is like but Rosco tends to know what he is doing, so welcome David.

• Like 1

Not looking very good & guess Rosco will be hoping no major new rule is going to come in after 6 meetings.

Agreed that could F*** our season right up

I have no idea what D Bellego is like but Rosco tends to know what he is doing, so welcome David.

7 point PL rider has been for a while

If Bellego is working from the top down god knows what the lower order will be like

• Like 2

if you going to replace a 1 to 5 with a reserve your in trouble anyway at least Rosco is a shrewd manager

It does happen though. Just look at the play-offs this year. Our reserves took us from being decimated to actually having a fighting chance. When the time comes that a reserve is needed (and those times do come or we wouldn't have "reserves" at all) then you need people there you can rely on.

Just my opinion if I were building a team.

Good signing for you guys - means he won't be back with us next season now :(

Excellent style and was our one highlight of last season.

• Like 2

Bellego uses up too many points for a balanced team but maybe he'll just be reliable & a pleasure to watch!

Assuming Nick Morris and a 2 pointer, I make 10.15 left, with two 5 pointers surely a better option than a weak reserve.

I'd prefer two of Roynon, Heeps, Mellgren, Josh Bates or Wilson-Dean to Lykke Nielsen (mentioned elsewhere) & Ashley Morris.

Buczkowski is a rider i like the look of a rider Poole certainly did not get the best of.in 2016.😀I know he is on a tricky average but Doyle,Buczkowski,Morris,Ellis,Bellego, would look good i know it would look a weak tail end though.This team building is so hard you are so limited riders i think Swindon could look at are Howarth,Auty,Wright,Kerr,Starke if they want to go the route of supporting a two pointer at reserve.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Dont care if you lot dont like it but the truth is this Swindon team is going to be very very weak.

Doyle - Best rider in the league but he cant win a meeting on his own.

Ellis and Bellego @ 3 and 4 is not a good engine room and will be one of the weakest 3 & 4 pairings in the league.

Also you have 2 x 5 point riders to come and more than likely a 2 point rider.

Half of you're team probably wouldn't have ridden Premiership tracks before either.

Relegation battle looming.

No point sending me a personal attack as I am not going to give you the satisfaction today. I am just putting a comment about the Swindon side on the Swindon thread.

Also a few Robins fans have agreed that the team is not going to look good and that they are worried.

It isn't that Swindon fans don't like the truth, it is just you they don't like!!

• Like 2

I think for Swindon two major things.

1. Whoever your next signing is makes or breaks you.

2. Ellis!!!! Either has a great season and potentially catches up to Lambert in terms of young British rider or does not progress enough leaving you short.

It isn't that Swindon fans don't like the truth, it is just you they don't like!!

:t:

• Like 1

Are you working to a 60 point team, Sidney?

Cant be ass.. to count to get to the last . point or something it would be close with Buzz in that is obviously with two two pointers in.Would you rather have Buzz instead of Morris ? a hard one to call Buzz and Musielak were the two i would maybe take the chance on ent going to happen though. Edited by Sidney the robin

Bellego is bit of a weird signing.

Really don't think he has anything that Sedgmen (near identical average + asset (I think)?) doesn't, but time will tell.

• Like 2