British Speedway Forum

I assume the biggest difference between Bellego and Sedgemen will be how often Sedgmen has let Rossiter down where as Bellego hasn’t.

There is probably only so many times you can watch a rider do the same thing before they eventually just burn your head off and you fancy a change.

Bellego will be quite hit and miss – capable of winning races against just about anyone in the league (not an exaggeration) but will turn in moments of daftness. A gamble well worth taking though from a manager who clearly does his homework on PL riders.

If Doyle fires and puts in 13 most weeks (he will) it only takes Ellis and Bellego winning 2/3 races between them (both are capable of that) and Swindon meetings will be interesting, league winning no, but interesting - as that is likely 7/8 races (at least) where you won’t be taking an advantage out of them.

If the general theme is the Premiership is the new Premier League, and across the season it likely will regress to that in terms of general performance v the structure of sides - then sides with big hitting Number 1s tend to do ok.

Edited by Tyrion

Bellego is bit of a weird signing.

Really don't think he has anything that Sedgmen (near identical average + asset (I think)?) doesn't, but time will tell.

Agree totally & at least Justin knows the tracks.

Going to be a long long season.

Looks like it's going to be long year for Swindon.

No it isn't. We don't start until June and will be over by the end of August.

• Like 2

Bellego is bit of a weird signing.

Really don't think he has anything that Sedgmen (near identical average + asset (I think)?) doesn't, but time will tell.

Could it be that Bellego is happy to not double-up?

There must be either a rule or a logistical limit to the number Premiership teams can have?

:party::rofl:

That's because Bellego has never ridden for Swindon unlike Sedgmen.

Coventry vs Poole

Bellego guesting at reserve for Coventry 0, 0, 0, 0 = 0

Third in the PLR championship last year he has showed progression and as Tyrion said he will be a mixed bag but at times he is very quick i am happy with the signing.

Emmm yeah……that was my point.

Coventry vs Poole

I believe Ellis Perks was guesting for Poole that night so he must have beaten Bellego a couple of times.

• Like 1

There must be either a rule or a logistical limit to the number Premiership teams can have?

That's a valid point Matt, and one I had forgotten about.

Bowden did say there was a limit of 2 double uppers.

I believe Ellis Perks was guesting for Poole that night so he must have beaten Bellego a couple of times.

He passed him more than once if I remember correctly. Bellego looked rubbish that night (possibly mechanical) but to be fair I've seen him have decent meetings too.

Yes he did. Bellego really struggled

Yep, if there is a max two double-up rule it will be difficult for most clubs, esp those in need of a 2 point reserve.

If Nick wants to double up we may have to sign Troy instead!

I would worry about your own side love before judging others....

Yes he did. Bellego really struggled

Wrong, he guested a couple of times a few years back. 1 meeting was good, the 2nd wasn't against a strong Wolves side

Coventry vs Poole

If we sign Nick & Klindt then we have 6.72 left for the 2 reserves & Danny Ayres 3.70 would leave us with a 3 point reserve to finish the team.

Nicolai Klindt must be asking for a good deal as every team wants him as his top flite average should be 8.90 compared to 5.42.

In Roscos report in the Adver he mentioned last years riders that would not be back next year, one not mentioned was Charles who has an average of 6.59, but this av is slightly higher than N Klindts 5.42.

From what some are saying and d/u are limited to two that is going to cause a few issues.

Edited by A ORLOV