Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Reserves have always played a vital role irrespective of the format.

I think Perks will be fine at reserve.

You have more confidence than me then blue because if most teams go for strength in depth there wont be many points going around.Jacobs/Clegg are two of the weaker reserves and they are quite away in front of Perks if he is with Newman Poole should be alrite with a weaker reserve they will look vulnerable.

You have more confidence than me then blue because if most teams go for strength in depth there wont be many points going around.Jacobs/Clegg are two of the weaker reserves and they are quite away in front of Perks if he is with Newman Poole should be alrite with a weaker reserve they will look vulnerable.

I think Newman will be at reserve and from i have seen of Perks i think he will do ok.

I think Newman will be at reserve and from i have seen of Perks i think he will do ok.

Do you believe other sides will be weak at the bottom end blue? theyre wont be two many two pointers riding a big ask hope he does well i want NL riders to progress.

Do you believe other sides will be weak at the bottom end blue? theyre wont be two many two pointers riding a big ask hope he does well i want NL riders to progress.

i have seen him a couple of times and i feel he can hold his own, i think there will be some weak reserves, Swindon will have,if Rye go with Kennett there reserves will be weak too.

Correct faced each other twice and Perks beat Bellego both times.

To be fair David felt charitable after Redcar 47 Plymouth 43, Bellego 15 point max, Perks absolutely nothing

Looking at the last meeting at Somerset against Redcar David beat both Josh and Rohan in a couple of races so he seems to be ok.

Wasn't it Perks who struggled to score a point for Plymouth last season?

Looking at the last meeting at Somerset against Redcar David beat both Josh and Rohan in a couple of races so he seems to be ok.

Bellego is a decent rider no question and improving so i would expect him to do a good job.

• Like 3

Bellego is a decent rider no question and improving so i would expect him to do a good job.

Talented,but temperament is suspect IMO ,can be brilliant or crap depending on mood.

Doyle 13.41

Bellego 7.63

Ellis 7.84

Morris 7.81

That is far from disastrous.

Doyle 13.41
Bellego 7.63
Ellis 7.84
Morris 7.81
That is far from disastrous.

Morris' average is incorrect. From memory, he's a shade short of 9 pt average.

• Like 1

Bellego is a decent signing on that figure because he pretty consistently beat 8 point PL riders last season and was in a high 8 average at one point until a slight slump. But his PLRC performance showed that he can definitely hold his own in that company. He's a rider who's improving and signing those is how you make a decent team.

The team doesn't look too strong from 2 downwards and a lot of emphass is on Jason Doyle this year.

One thing I do hope is that he steps up the team riding as I've seen him several times give up on it. If Jason team rides I'm sure he has the ability to keep a lot of the riders in this league behind him and give us some 5-1s.

Also it will help keep his average down too - clearly something that needs to be done after what's happened this year.

I don't know much about Bellego, although I remember him having a good guest booking for us a while back. A lot of people at that time thought he was someone we should sign so worth having - but it's those averages again.

• Like 1

There are a few riders who might be a better bet on two than Perks who is on three JBP being one of the obvious ones.

There is a huge risk when taking riders who have previously only ridden in one league and then subjecting them to ride in all 3. No argument that JPB was excellent in his debut season at NL but how prepared is he or anyone else in a similar boat to switch from 40 meetings to 100+ ?

How will the rider or equipment hold up? How will the planning and Logistics work out? Could they afford to do that?

Im all for the progress of British riders but sometimes the best interests of riders needs to be looked at in the long term rather than the immediate.

• Like 1