British Speedway Forum

Gavan makes every thread a Poole thread!

Dear old Gavan is suposed to be an Ippo fan, yet he's not put one post up on that thread. He's just a wind up troll. Who seems to take great delight in knocking success. Something that Ippo will never see again..

Didn't realise this was a Poole thread☹️️

Nor did i, but there you go. :o

Edited by Starman2006

Gavan makes every thread a Poole thread!

Don't think it's always down to Gavan as your clown of a fan does a good job on every thread.

What a sad life he must lead.

• Like 5

Don't think it's always down to Gavan as your clown of a fan does a good job on every thread.

In the winter months he sells The Big Issue as he has no Speedway Stars to sell :wink: Edited by Steve0
  • Like 2

No i know its not, just a little joke.

Slightly off topic, but hey, so is Poole slightly off topic so what the heck.

Has anyone bought the "Memories of Swindon Speedway" DVD? An advert for it came up on my Facebook page. Is it worth getting?

Really unsure as to what Alun expects to get out of Bellego? Under the old format pre-EDR he would had made a reasonable reserve but as much as some are harping on about his rides at The OTA last year he hasn't really kicked on that much, lets be honest he is very hit and miss does rely on his gating somewhat but is coming into the side sharing the heatleader position with Ellis at this rate, worrying

to be fair, a large percentage of riders are in the same boat.

to be fair, a large percentage of riders are in the same boat.

Yeah but he's a PL rider taking up 7.63 , if we were going to sign someone for his gating skills Klindt would had been a better option lets hope he's still in the frame as opposed to some of the low standard riders we are linked to i.e Lykke!

the more I think about what is happening for next season, my enthusiasm is waning quite a bit tbf.

It just feels as a sport we have taken a backward step again, it's like having a junior or two back at reserve with all these inflated averages with a very low points limit.

maximum average per meeting 12:00, Doyley on a 13+

it really makes you feel like saying **** it, I've had enough.

Yeah but he's a PL rider taking up 7.63 , if we were going to sign someone for his gating skills Klindt would had been a better option lets hope he's still in the frame as opposed to some of the low standard riders we are linked to i.e Lykke!

Don't think Lykke will happen now, as Rosco appears to have a broken calculator.

the more I think about what is happening for next season, my enthusiasm is waning quite a bit tbf.

It just feels as a sport we have taken a backward step again, it's like having a junior or two back at reserve with all these inflated averages with a very low points limit.

maximum average per meeting 12:00, Doyley on a 13+

it really makes you feel like saying **** it, I've had enough.

So if Doyle scores 15 points a meeting his average is 12 points a meeting. Which is the truer figure?

I think that for the 2nd biggest team in the UK in terms of everything put together in speedway and having the GB manger. Swindon can't build teams. Great to show respect to a GB rider in Ellis but that doesn't win you titles. Wolves last year were ruthless and they won. Rosco needs to pick a more balanced team as well. Love Doyle, but Swindon should have looked at Hampel for example just for those extra 3.5 points. I feel like top 4 riders will be good and bottom 3 awful. And your bottom riders need to be JPB or Smith. We have Shanes which is one of the top 3 young UK riders and you need one of the others I feel.

I think that for the 2nd biggest team in the UK in terms of everything put together in speedway and having the GB manger. Swindon can't build teams. Great to show respect to a GB rider in Ellis but that doesn't win you titles. Wolves last year were ruthless and they won. Rosco needs to pick a more balanced team as well. Love Doyle, but Swindon should have looked at Hampel for example just for those extra 3.5 points. I feel like top 4 riders will be good and bottom 3 awful. And your bottom riders need to be JPB or Smith. We have Shanes which is one of the top 3 young UK riders and you need one of the others I feel.

Thanks for the advice but we're perfectly happy with Doyle, miles better than an unreliable, inconsistent Pole.

Talking of which, how's your search for a "Number1" going? Still pinning your hopes on KK? Can't even see him bothering to turn up at Rye & Wolves, although to be fair this year he did get to Monmore Green once & banged in 5 points!

• Like 3

I like Shane but I don't think he is one of the top three young UK riders as usual you exaggerate every thing involving Poole

So if Doyle scores 15 points a meeting his average is 12 points a meeting. Which is the truer figure?

If Doyle gets, say, 17 from 5 including a TR ride he's scored to his average.

I don't care for Hampel at all. Doyle is our number one and as far as I'm concerened we need to keep him and the league needs to keep him and I'm glad he's still in the side.

The back up is looking a bit iffy though - and it's not just because we have Jason. Having said that, when you look at the riders available, there aren't so many options and other teams may strugge for strength too as we get used to now being a PL side.

Rye House look good on paper (although all their top 5 are probably on the way down so maybe they flatter to deceive?), and the Poole teams being put forward look quite decent at this level - but Chris Holder is probably gone from the league and may, now, never come back, Was it worth it? For me, no.

No. Swindon need Jason Doyle, not Jarek Hampel. As long as we ride well at home and don't get relegated at least we will have achived that. But when all teams are put together it may turn out that Swindon suddenly don't look as weak as they currently do.

Edited by grachan
  • Like 3