British Speedway Forum

Every one is thinking that Doyle will get back to the form he was before the bad injury. Lets hope he does. But if he doesn't Swindon are going to be a lot weaker that they think.

It just shows how poor our league is. The promoters had a major rebuild to do & they've got it all wrong IMO. Riders will be left on the shelf because of the ''new average ruling''. Kindt rides 4 premier league matches & can start the season on that average wherefore riders like Justin Sedgmen have to start on a converted 7.7 average, Sedgy averaged lower than Klindt in the EL last season. It's a complete balls up.

• Like 3

Did Ronnie Russel pick this line up as it is by far the worst side so far by an absolute distance.

He didnt even pick that side he managed for us, the outgoing manager at the time did...hmmm

Well somebodys got to be... :rofl:

Ummm, you can hardly laugh! Has to be better than supporting Pompey :D

All irrelevant now, but I think the points could have been used in a better way. Looking at averages the choices are slim when building around Morris & Doyle, but would have preferred Palm Toft OR Douglas along with someone like Rasmus Jensen in place of Bellego and Grondal.

• Like 1

Roynon or Wilson-Dean at number 2 will make a perfectly good team. Grondal will beat Sarjeant, Clegg, Rose & Branford in the averages & Wajknecht will beat the new 2 pointers (inc Shanes at Poole).

Plus, we could rejuvenate our flagging asset base.

I admire your optimism, this team has to change after the first set of averages come out.

All irrelevant now, but I think the points could have been used in a better way. Looking at averages the choices are slim when building around Morris & Doyle, but would have preferred Palm Toft OR Douglas along with someone like Rasmus Jensen in place of Bellego and Grondal.

Yep, I'd have preferred a 7 pointer & a 6 pointer rather than a 7 & a 4!

There's much more to team-building than averages & while I don't think Rosco is a strategist he knows much more about riders than me. If he's convinced that his signings have the right attitude, good equipment & will turn up every week I'm happy to be optimistic.

After all, what's Klindt's excuse; he should've been a top rider but has turned into a mediocre journeyman.

• Like 2

There's much more to team-building than averages & while I don't think Rosco is a strategist he knows much more about riders than me. If he's convinced that his signings have the right attitude, good equipment & will turn up every week I'm happy to be optimistic.

After all, what's Klindt's excuse; he should've been a top rider but has turned into a mediocre journeyman.

Agree about Klindt, first came over here as the latest Danish superstar and has failed to deliver over and over again, went to Leicester last season as nobody else wanted him.

• Like 1

They can be fitted in with the rest (if what I've heard is correct anyway!) so I'm not seeing the logic.

Agreed, Rosco should know best and I'll trust his judgement. This team on paper is pushing that to the limit though!

• Like 2

I'm not sure why everyone is so pessimistic. As the saying goes "it's all relative".

Look at the 4-point riders out there. Is there really anyone who is head and shoulders above Grondal? Similarly, how many 3 and 4-point riders have experience on Elite League tracks?

• Like 2

I'm not sure why everyone is so pessimistic. As the saying goes "it's all relative".

Look at the 4-point riders out there. Is there really anyone who is head and shoulders above Grondal? Similarly, how many 3 and 4-point riders have experience on Elite League tracks?

Yes just you wait Shanes will rip him a new one

I know nothing about either Emil or Zach so will have to wait to see how they perform at the start of the next season. If we have 5.13 left it is strange that the adver is saying that Emil will be in the main 1 - 5, but we shall see.

I am a bit concerned about some of the comments from those who have seen these two riders and who have followed Somerset and Peterborough but then Rosco, apart from last year, usually knows what he is doing and has stated that both will improve.

I can see some strange scores coming from certain riders followed by a few team changes come May or June from a few teams.

Grondal will beat Sarjeant, Clegg, Rose & Branford in the averages

What makes you think that? He was quite a bit worse than Sargeant and Rose in the PL last year, and on a par with Branford and Clegg, but they all have far more experience on the EL tracks.

• Like 1

Grondal & Zak it is then.

That will be 3 riders who have never ridden the away tracks before.

We are really weak in my opinion.

Looks like the rumours regards Grondal were true. Only seen him ride once and can't say I was that impressed.

The press release says he will start in the main team but surely you have enough points for a higher averaged rider?

Zack I've watched weekly the past 2 seasons and the kid has huge talent. Last season was a bit of a struggle at all levels but he is a promising kid with bags of potential. I wish him all the best and hope Swindon get to see plenty of his ability.

• Like 1