British Speedway Forum

We have 5.13 left so I think Grondal will be at reserve unless the new foreign rider comes in on a 4.

Looks like the rumours regards Grondal were true. Only seen him ride once and can't say I was that impressed.
The press release says he will start in the main team but surely you have enough points for a higher averaged rider?
Zack I've watched weekly the past 2 seasons and the kid has huge talent. Last season was a bit of a struggle at all levels but he is a promising kid with bags of potential. I wish him all the best and hope Swindon get to see plenty of his ability.

We have 5.13 left so I think Grondal will be at reserve unless the new foreign rider comes in on a 4.

No new foreigner should be a 4. That would be ridiculous IMHO.

Just think. If Swindon had signed Andersen they could have had a fairy tale lineup.

Hansi and Grondal.

I'll get me coat.......

• Like 8

No new foreigner should be a 4. That would be ridiculous IMHO.

If we can get one then they should, but not if Wolves or Poole want one :wink:

Yep, I'd have preferred a 7 pointer & a 6 pointer rather than a 7 & a 4!

There's much more to team-building than averages & while I don't think Rosco is a strategist he knows much more about riders than me. If he's convinced that his signings have the right attitude, good equipment & will turn up every week I'm happy to be optimistic.

After all, what's Klindt's excuse; he should've been a top rider but has turned into a mediocre journeyman.

You have to optimistic otherwise what is the point in going for me it is all about enjoying the racing the results are secondary.Funny thing is all the riders/signings i quite like are they good anough time will tell. Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 3

If we can get one then they should, but not if Wolves or Poole want one :wink:

:rofl:

I live in Saltford where Zack comes from, had no ideal we had a speedway rider in our village. Will certainly be cheering him on then !!!!

Spare a thought for Cov fans right now, whilst most are moaning about the Swindon team they aren't likely to be running. Put's things into perspective.

• Like 4

Spare a thought for Cov fans right now, whilst most are moaning about the Swindon team they aren't likely to be running. Put's things into perspective.

Kinda agree but we still look crap lol still think Coventry will be fine

You have to optimistic otherwise what is the point in going for me it is all about enjoying the racing the results are secondary.Funny thing is all the riders/signings i quite like are they good anough time will tell.

The problem is though Sid, you are in the minority with that thought process. Like every sport, winning pulls the punters through the turnstiles. If this team start losing on a regular basis, especially at home, then the terraces will be empty.

For the record, I watched young Zach at Somerset last season and he has plenty of potential and is a decent signing at reserve.

In this watered down league the team looks average at best. Especially when you look at the Poole line up and to a lesser extent the Rye House team.

• Like 1

It's unfair to fully judge until all of the sides have been released.

But.......

If the obvious 2 signings are made by Poole, they look very impressive. As do Rye House, who have the potential to build up quite a HTA if the side clicks.

Obviously everything is up in air in Coventry (and I hope everything works out for them), but the side they built looked very solid to me. The reserves were strong, and they had enough all round improvement in them to well and truly be in the mix.

But Swindon....it actually looks like Rosco wanted to have his best buds (Doyle and Morris) in the side, and gave minimal thought to the rest of the side.

Weakest side by far to me, and will require at least one rider to have a special season and/or changes.

Edited by MrMungo

It's unfair to fully judge until all of the sides have been released.

But.......

If the obvious 2 signings are made by Poole, they look very impressive. As do Rye House, who have the potential to build up quite a HTA if the side clicks.

Obviously everything is up in air in Coventry (and I hope everything works out for them), but the side they built looked very solid to me. The reserves were strong, and they had enough all round improvement in them to well and truly be in the mix.

But Swindon....it actually looks like Rosco wanted to have his best buds (Doyle and Morris) in the side, and gave minimal thought to the rest of the side.

Weakest side by far to me, and will require at least one rider to have a special season and/or changes.

Weakest team by far & Poole have signed 3 riders who all gain from using their Premier League averages compared to their Elite League ones.

Matt Ford has pulled it off again as money talks & his team are superb.

Swindon would've been better going with Doyley & Chris Holder & 5 other riders compared to what we've ended up with.

Chris & a 3 pointer over Bellego & Ellis.

Weakest team by far & Poole have signed 3 riders who all gain from using their Premier League averages compared to their Elite League ones.

Matt Ford has pulled it off again as money talks & his team are superb.

Swindon would've been better going with Doyley & Chris Holder & 5 other riders compared to what we've ended up with.

Chris & a 3 pointer over Bellego & Ellis.

A Doyle/Holder spearhead would have got the crowds in at least.

Speedway is in a sorry state now. Rubbish sides, tracks in financial ruin, Coventry looking in trouble too now.

Such a shame how this sport has been dragged down since cost cutting became it's main objective.

A Doyle/Holder spearhead would have got the crowds in at least.

Speedway is in a sorry state now. Rubbish sides, tracks in financial ruin, Coventry looking in trouble too now.

Such a shame how this sport has been dragged down since cost cutting became it's main objective.

Maybe the time is fast approaching to have one big league and a nursery/junior league such as the National league.

The P/L (now Champ) clubs seem to have it fairly well dialled in as have a few of the new Prem league teams such as Poole/Wolves/Somerset/hopefully Swindon with the new track etc.

I am sure these statasticians could come up with an idea that gives us one good and fairly strong league. Of course there will always be the have and the have not's but is it any different in things like Football/Moto GP/Formula 1 etc. Doesn't stop teams racing and offering decent entertainment.

We have to accept surely that Speedway fast approaches a crossroads and do we really want a 5/6/7 team league where the same riders compete against each other week after week. There must be a way forward or I worry Speedway will be on its way out. Some of the negativity and amateur going on's around some of the clubs and lack of positive news concerning Coventry/Leicester/B.Vue is in some ways staggering even if it is still early days with over 3 months until racing again.

It's all very well some individuals saying don't panic it will all be ok. Will it ??? Have we really seen anything come out that is giving real firm indications all 3 will be running. I fear not and forsee 1 maybe 2 if we are lucky of the 3 participating in 2017.

I am sure a 16/17 team Prem league could be done combining experienced riders and talent without breaking the Bank.

There will always be riders looking to do 3/4 leagues around Europe and providing they can earn reasonable money many would keep coming back. If that's not your flavour then employ UK/Australian talent with team of strength in depth so you get good racing.

It surely has to be better than seeing it fall apart brick by brick with some tracks. We are presently at 9 clubs but at this rate we will be lucky to have 7 in the Prem.

I live in Saltford where Zack comes from, had no ideal we had a speedway rider in our village. Will certainly be cheering him on then !!!!

Are the Bird in Hand and Jolly Sailor pubs still there...nice village