British Speedway Forum

It's irrelevant how good or bad he is. We're now using PL averages. Foreigners are a 7. He should be a 7. The fact he is crap just means he shouldn't be riding in our league at all! There should be a minimum assessed average to stop any old dross riding here.

They obviously feel sorry for Swindon and decided to give them a helping hand.

• Like 1

Jacobs and Rose are better than Sarjeant any way, and about level with Clegg, so that list seems crap, Rose is probably better than Clegg for now, maybe not in a few years though

Jacobs had a better EL average due mainly to him being reserve all season and his inflated average from mostly good home form whilst Sarj spent time in the main body due to being in an awful team.

At PL level Sarj was higher and with Sarj already signed up for the top flight I can't see any team other than Belle Vue signing him on 5.36.

I'd say there wasn't much in it and wouldn't put Jacobs above him at all.

Quite right too. It's good to see compassion coming from the BSPA after the way they cruelly over-averaged Nick Morris.

• Like 2

Why, when the Bees have signed fellow Dane, Lasse Bjerre, on less than 7? It's perfectly reasonable to have an untried, new, young foreign rider on a 5 point average. Otherwise we'll be stuck with the existing dross like Klindt on 5.42

Because Lasse is using his PL average. Like the rules say. Your new Dane isn't.

FWIW, I don't blame Swindon in this. Rosco has just taken advantage of the BSPAs ineptitude.

I'm not sure it helps them massively. 5 is probably about right tbf, he should average between 4-5.5.

As I've already said elsewhere, I do feel Swindon have been treated harshly with Nick Morris' average anyway.

Hopefully by the end of the season, we'll average

Doyle 10

Andersen 4.5

Bellego 7

Ellis 7

Morris 8

Wajknecht 3

Grondal 4.5

44, enough for the play-offs.

Irrelevant what average they've given him as he won't get near it anyway.

A shocking shocking side assembled by Rosco.

• Like 2

Jacobs had a better EL average due mainly to him being reserve all season and his inflated average from mostly good home form whilst Sarj spent time in the main body due to being in an awful team.

At PL level Sarj was higher and with Sarj already signed up for the top flight I can't see any team other than Belle Vue signing him on 5.36.

I'd say there wasn't much in it and wouldn't put Jacobs above him at all.

Could say the same for Lewis Rose, he was third highest in the averages for King's Lynn come the end of the season, plus he has a higher Championship average from last year, plus I still think Jacobs is better than Sarjeant, but that's probably just my personal opinion :P

ATHOUGH, Clegg's average in the EL and PL last year was smaller than both Sarjeant's and Jacob's, but I think you'd agree that Clegg is a better rider and prospect than both? So the averages mean crap all when it's ability, especially over 1 season, there are many false averages

I'd personally put it

Rose - by a mile

Clegg - by another mile (Even though his average is tiny)

Jacobs - JUST

Sarjeant - JUST

Hopefully by the end of the season, we'll average

Doyle 10

Andersen 4.5

Bellego 7

Ellis 7

Morris 8

Wajknecht 3

Grondal 4.5

44, enough for the play-offs.

Doyle should average a shade more than that. Ellis and Belelgo could both be a point less. Morris should average at least that. The other three cold be about right, or could all be a point lower.

I'd say Poole, wolves and Rye are looking like the play off favourites.

Dont think this Swindon team is as good as Coventry either.

I'm sure the new rules state that any new foreign rider will come in on a 4 min average. Gone is the 7 from this years premier league.

It's irrelevant how good or bad he is. We're now using PL averages. Foreigners are a 7. He should be a 7. The fact he is crap just means he shouldn't be riding in our league at all! There should be a minimum assessed average to stop any old dross riding here.

I'm sure the new rules state that any new foreign rider will come in on a 4 min average. Gone is the 7 from this years premier league.

but surely that should have been a 4 converted to 5.6?

otherwise its like a 2.8 converted to a 4.

• Like 1

That I can't answer, it appears we have done nothing untoward. I expect Andersen will be a 5. Only ever ridden the Danish league from what I can tell (other than the U21 rounds).

but surely that should have been a 4 converted to 5.6?

otherwise its like a 2.8 converted to a 4.

That I can't answer, it appears we have done nothing untoward. I expect Andersen will be a 5. Only ever ridden the Danish league from what I can tell (other than the U21 rounds).

If his brother was given an assessed average for 7.00 at Redcar (with no World U21 Finals experience), you would have thought MBA would be given at least the same average, but seems logic is a foreign word in Speedway.

• Like 1

Could say the same for Lewis Rose, he was third highest in the averages for King's Lynn come the end of the season, plus he has a higher Championship average from last year, plus I still think Jacobs is better than Sarjeant, but that's probably just my personal opinion :P

ATHOUGH, Clegg's average in the EL and PL last year was smaller than both Sarjeant's and Jacob's, but I think you'd agree that Clegg is a better rider and prospect than both? So the averages mean crap all when it's ability, especially over 1 season, there are many false averages

I'd personally put it

Rose - by a mile

Clegg - by another mile (Even though his average is tiny)

Jacobs - JUST

Sarjeant - JUST

Averages are a guide tho so it's good to compare them.

On ability and who I think has the better chance of progressing further

Rose - well ahead of the rest but close for the others.

I'd put Clegg a smidgen ahead on his improvement this year alone.

Then Sarjeant although I'm not sure he will make massive strides in the next year.

Jacobs was a hot prospect 2 or 3 years ago, disappeared and then came back with slight improvement. Think his ability to progress much further than sarj, for example is limited.

Would have put Jacobs clear 2nd a couple of seasons ago.

Like you say, it's all opinions!

that was my intial thought to. But i looked at Dolgin's rankings, which have him 210th in the world. That's lower than Sarjeant and Clegg, though higher than Jacobs and Rose.

My own rankngs had him 205th, below JAcobs, Sarjeant, Nielsen but above Clegg.

So I'd say probably a 4 point assessed EL average (converted to 5.6) would have been about fair. But given we should be encouraging use of Brits, I understand the argument it should have been a 5 converted to 7.

Either way, his average is too low, BUT I also doubt he will achieve his average.

I would think 75% of the Premiership won't improve their averages so that point is irrelevant.

This about the BSPA going back to the the old ways of changing averages willy nilly with no explanation just like the last few years.

All this talk of turning over a new leaf with a good new set in stone average system that would work is as much a pack of lies as any British Government policy that is promised whether it be Teresa May or Russell Brand.

3 riders who have never ridden a top tier British track before.

Good luck.

Good to see the forum 'newcomer' offering friendly best wishes for the season ahead. Just as any newcomer would of course.....incidentally, the forum newcomer has been on almost every thread doing the same. Just as any newcomer would of course.

• Like 3