British Speedway Forum

Absolutely....if only that was the decision taken at the AGM and not a decision made in hindsight then this whole situation might have been avoided.

Laguta or Emil on a 7 anyone :)

It's always been a seven, as we are working with last year's Premier League averages. He has a Danish average of below six from last year so, according to the rules, is a category 2 rider, and therefore 7. It's 18.6.1/2 of last year's rulebook.

I questioned this when it was first announced as they had little over five points left and bought in a new rider from abroad. Even if he was bought in last year as a 4.00 or a 5.00 then that would be multiplied by 1.4 so would be higher than what they had left.

Not sure who owns him but don't think Peterborough would be too happy to suddenly find their new signing will be missing a certain amount of matches and if he is still a Eastbourne asset, then it should be who signed him first has priority in my opinion.

He is a SOMERSET asset !!!

The shock is that the sport has gone Premier League.

Surely the shock is people still haven't released this yet?!

It's always been a seven, as we are working with last year's Premier League averages. He has a Danish average of below six from last year so, according to the rules, is a category 2 rider, and therefore 7. It's 18.6.1/2 of last year's rulebook.

I'm fully aware of those facts, cheers Nellie.....and it's the logical decision, no gripe from me at all....other than the fact that it is not along the lines that were apparently discussed by all Promoters at the AGM.

He is a SOMERSET asset !!!

Not for long as they keep selling all their assets

Which they should be using PL 2016 rules. Why is this some sort of shock?

Which is fair enough.

What amazes me is this lot spent a whole weekend ratifying rules for this season and still don't know what's going on!

A Robins side that consists of 3 Premier League reserves from 2016 .....

Yes, but Poole & Coventry have pretty much have three old PL reserves too.

Klindt was a reserve, Newman would have been if Simota wasn't so poor & Shanes didn't even get into a PL team. Kerr & Sarj were reserves & I think Bates may have dropped down too.

At least Swindon have a top four with proven 2016 records. Coventry are relying on Garrity staying fit, old Bjerre being bothered & young Bjerre rediscovering himself.

Edited by DC2

All I know is that 10 years ago we had strong teams, relatively big crowds and the sport seemed to be thriving.

The low limits came in. The crowds reduced with each new points limits and the atmosphere at the tracks became almost non-existent. A once great product because very lack lustre.

I guess I'd have kept things as they were 10 years ago - whatever that was.

From 2006 k o cup meeting verses the mighty Bulldogs - they lasted one season and lost £500k I believe....

Swindon Robins = 40 (83)

1. Lee Richardson - 3,2,1,0 = 6

2. Mads Korneliussen - 0,1*,Ef,F = 1+1

3. Renat Gufarov - 1*,0,1,0 = 2+1

4. Seb Ulamek - 2,3,3,2,3 = 13

5. Leigh Adams - 2,3,3,1,2* = 11+1

6. Ritchie Hawkins - 1,0,0 = 1

7. Seb Alden - 3,0,2,1,0 = 6

Reading Bulldogs = 50 (97)

1. Greg Hancock - 2,2,2,3 = 9

2. Andy Smith - 1*,1*,1,1* = 4+3

3. Travis McGowan - 0,2,2*,3,F = 7+1

4. Matej Zagar - 3,1*,3,1 = 8+1

5. Charlie Gjedde - 1,3,2,2*,1 = 9+1

6. Sam Simota - 0,Ex,0 = 0

7. Janusz Kolodziej - 2,3,3,2*,3 = 13+1

once sides are forced to sign utter rammel like grondal in the so called top tier you know your up shoite creek

I think Wilson-Dean is at least as good as Andersen, has much more experience of English tracks & will be happier & more committed as a home based rider. And cheaper too!

• Like 1

I think Wilson-Dean is at least as good as Andersen, has much more experience of English tracks & will be happier & more committed as a home based rider. And cheaper too!

Spent most of last season in reserve, starts in reserve for Peterborough but is a second string at Swindon. Yikkes!

Spent most of last season in reserve, starts in reserve for Peterborough but is a second string at Swindon. Yikkes!

And Kerr?

From 2006 k o cup meeting verses the mighty Bulldogs - they lasted one season and lost £500k I believe....

Swindon Robins = 40 (83)

1. Lee Richardson - 3,2,1,0 = 6

2. Mads Korneliussen - 0,1*,Ef,F = 1+1

3. Renat Gufarov - 1*,0,1,0 = 2+1

4. Seb Ulamek - 2,3,3,2,3 = 13

5. Leigh Adams - 2,3,3,1,2* = 11+1

6. Ritchie Hawkins - 1,0,0 = 1

7. Seb Alden - 3,0,2,1,0 = 6

Reading Bulldogs = 50 (97)

1. Greg Hancock - 2,2,2,3 = 9

2. Andy Smith - 1*,1*,1,1* = 4+3

3. Travis McGowan - 0,2,2*,3,F = 7+1

4. Matej Zagar - 3,1*,3,1 = 8+1

5. Charlie Gjedde - 1,3,2,2*,1 = 9+1

6. Sam Simota - 0,Ex,0 = 0

7. Janusz Kolodziej - 2,3,3,2*,3 = 13+1

Probably spent most of that on their ridiculous TV advert.

• Like 1