British Speedway Forum

As has been said the new track will be in use from June so they will just transfer.

Surprised only 1000 seats in 3000 capacity, then not everyone likes parking their bums.

Spot on and very few of those live in Swindon and surrounding area.

It's actually completely wrong. When I was a regular contributor to this forum I made several postings on the subject of the new Swindon stadium. These postings questioned the sincerity and accuracy of Gaming International's 'plans' for want of a better word, and how far they were away for a long tiome from getting planning permission.

This was not because I did not want the stadium to be built but to warn people against complacency and to question what they were being told, especially if publicly-available information contradicted it. My message was to keep an eye on GI and not top allow them to wriggle out of their promise.

The lack of activity since planning permission was finally granted should surely be ringing alarm bells in the minds of even the most gullible supporters.

I have not said that the stadium will not be built nor do I have some pathetic, petty need to be proved 'right'. I want it built and I want GI to honour its commitment.......for once.

I do not live in Swindon (thank god!) but it is my nearest track so I do have a personal interest, but that is irrelevant, if this saga were being played out hundreds of miles away I'd still be equally concerned.

So, it's not about wanting the stadium not to be built - it's all about making sure GI don't get away with it yet again. You may want to be proved right but that is the least of my needs or concerns, especially in this increasingly abandoned and discredited forum.

(Yes, I do still read it because you do get some useful information and insight buried amongst the bull and petty bickering - but it's getting ever harder to get to it. I shall resume my silence).

As has been said the new track will be in use from June so they will just transfer.

Surprised only 1000 seats in 3000 capacity, then not everyone likes parking their bums.

It is not the parking of their bums that is a concern it is the space available to park their cars unless a lot of cheap public transport starts going to the stadium from different parts of Swindon.

• Like 1

Do you have a link to the 1,000 seats bit, as I have looked through the planning permission and can find no reference to any seating in the stadium plans.

It's actually completely wrong. When I was a regular contributor to this forum I made several postings on the subject of the new Swindon stadium. These postings questioned the sincerity and accuracy of Gaming International's 'plans' for want of a better word, and how far they were away for a long tiome from getting planning permission.

This was not because I did not want the stadium to be built but to warn people against complacency and to question what they were being told, especially if publicly-available information contradicted it. My message was to keep an eye on GI and not top allow them to wriggle out of their promise.

The lack of activity since planning permission was finally granted should surely be ringing alarm bells in the minds of even the most gullible supporters.

I have not said that the stadium will not be built nor do I have some pathetic, petty need to be proved 'right'. I want it built and I want GI to honour its commitment.......for once.

I do not live in Swindon (thank god!) but it is my nearest track so I do have a personal interest, but that is irrelevant, if this saga were being played out hundreds of miles away I'd still be equally concerned.

So, it's not about wanting the stadium not to be built - it's all about making sure GI don't get away with it yet again. You may want to be proved right but that is the least of my needs or concerns, especially in this increasingly abandoned and discredited forum.

(Yes, I do still read it because you do get some useful information and insight buried amongst the bull and petty bickering - but it's getting ever harder to get to it. I shall resume my silence).

You make some good points but is Swindon that bad a place to live? maybe you were only teasing.? Swindon is not the best place to live not by a long chalk but there are LOADS of worst places to live believe me. Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

You make some good points but is Swindon that bad a place to live? maybe you were only teasing.? Swindon is not the best place to live not by a long chalk but there are LOADS of worst places to live believe me.

Just imagine having to live in Poole :wink:

• Like 3

And you wonder why every is about Poole, you clearly bring upon yourselves!!

Was expecting Starman

You make some good points but is Swindon that bad a place to live? maybe you were only teasing.? Swindon is not the best place to live not by a long chalk but there are LOADS of worst places to live believe me.

It's the 27th. Best place to live Sid.I'm lucky I live in a decent area, Priory Vale, certainly better than Peckham London SE15 where I grew up. We have almost full employment and soon have a decent speedway arena to boot. Lovely part of the world this ere town, with that lovely magic roundabout. I've lived in quite a few places Wiltshire one of the best.

It's the 27th. Best place to live Sid.I'm lucky I live in a decent area, Priory Vale, certainly better than Peckham London SE15 where I grew up. We have almost full employment and soon have a decent speedway arena to boot. Lovely part of the world this ere town, with that lovely magic roundabout. I've lived in quite a few places Wiltshire one of the best.

Wont go that far Alfred a bit of a rubbishhole😀to be honest (joking)its good everybody has a home good or bad.Swindon is ok no better or worst than anywhere else i was brought up in Stratton ST Margaret still live there now.😜 Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

Saw on twitter that Bob Radford, despite his cancer battles, has called on the Swindon paper to do some serious questioning on the almost total lack of progress at Blunsdon on a new stadium..

Dont blame Terry Russell and Alun Rossiter, - back up the demand for disclosure because bugger all is being done. Like Bob we know what happened at Reading, let alone Bristol and Milton Keynes.....

Wake up and start a rolling protest to add pressure.

Edited by remembertheracers
  • Like 1

Wont go that far Alfred a bit of a rubbishholeto be honest (joking)its good everybody has a home good or bad.Swindon is ok no better or worst than anywhere else i was brought up in Stratton ST Margaret still live there now.

Stratton St. Margaret birthplace of Mad Wellie and champ jockey Johnny Francome. Used to live in Ermin Street, village atmosphere. I live in Haydon End, bloody love it. You always get some bloody know-all prattling on about somewhere they have never lived.

I've lived in London, Cornwall, Scotland, Cumbria, Hampshire, but like where I am now. When I was on holiday in Oz last month some Aussie was prattling on about living in England, i said you would know as youve never lived there.

Very generous crowd these Swindonians, top of Ben Fund league again, never lived in place with such good community spirit. That's why it probably ranks so highly in best places to live.

Edited by Alfred Stopcock

Do you have a link to the 1,000 seats bit, as I have looked through the planning permission and can find no reference to any seating in the stadium plans.

Just repeating what Mike Bowden said to me last week.

Just repeating what Mike Bowden said to me last week.

Interesting, thanks. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

• Like 1