British Speedway Forum

It is a pity that he could not grab a position for any Championship club as things could pan out that at the end of April or May there may be team changes at Swindon that might have given him an opening!!!

Swindon certainly haven't done any favours to Justin & Stefan as club assets that Rosco used as a big reason to have Nick in the team.

Either be consistent or say nothing Rosco!!

• Like 1

Either be consistent or say nothing Rosco!!

In his case, I would suggest the latter is far more important than the former ;)

• Like 1

The likes of Sedgmen and Lawson will be welcome at Coventry if the miracle happens.

• Like 2

Tweet just seen stating that fixture list out tues, presumably tomorrow

Tweet just seen stating that fixture list out tues, presumably tomorrow

Don't worry, you're spot on.........tomorrow is Tuesday ;)

• Like 2

It is a pity that he could not grab a position for any Championship club as things could pan out that at the end of April or May there may be team changes at Swindon that might have given him an opening!!!

I think he will fail to get a work permit for the whole season if he is not signed by a U.K. Club by 31 January 2017.

So we have the majority of our home fixtures within July & August, assume this is to allow for the move (I hope). Nicer weather as well......

What a dreadful fixture list. Three matches close together in April and nothing till the end of May. Hardly going to generate interest.

Wonder if it based on the latest Clark Osbourne timetable on portakabin delivery etc?

Edited by remembertheracers

What a dreadful fixture list. Three matches close together in April and nothing till the end of May. Hardly going to generate interest.

Wonder if it based on the latest Clark Osbourne timetable on portakabin delivery etc?

I hope that this gap in April/ May is allowing space for further KOC rounds.

I would imagine it's to allow construction work to continue, they did indicate that we would have fixtures later in the season. I for one think it's good have the majority of matches throughout the actual summer months. Warmer weather may encourage more fans. They've also picked the two derbies at home on bank holiday's, not a bad move I don't think.

I hope that this gap in April/ May is allowing space for further KOC rounds.

Looking at the fixtures we are missing 2 home league fixtures against Kings Lynn and Coventry and an Away fixture at Leicester.

Also the National Trophy Group Matches took place early in the season last year. We would have 2 home matches to fit in. These plus the missing home league matches may well be in the April to May period.

I doubt if the gaps in April and May are to allow construction work, would be financial suicide, still fixtures to fit in. The Robins could be bottom of the table early on with all the away matches!

a couple of points , it's winter what sort of weather were they expecting ?and I drive into the carpark last week and had a good look around and nothing is happening , they built a wall a few weeks ago but since then nothing , there is no workmen, no site office , nothing, perhaps they are hiding behind the houses and have a lookout so when someone turns up they all hide then start work when they have gone, when is the1st meeting on the new track supposed to be ? Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

I doubt if the gaps in April and May are to allow construction work, would be financial suicide, still fixtures to fit in. The Robins could be bottom of the table early on with all the away matches!

With some very tough matches away aswell at home, they could well be pointless until end of May!