British Speedway Forum

I hope it is the whole season at the Abbey if the new stadium happens great.You have to say even at the very least the Communication has been very poor.

Perhaps call the new venture The Abey!!

• Like 1

Apparently there's a sign up warning greyhound customers that there will be construction work going on in the car park during January. Better than nothing I guess.

OK, time's up. What was the extent of the work that went on during January then?

OK, time's up. What was the extent of the work that went on during January then?

The sign.

• Like 6

Look how long it took us to get the project started, the abbey is going to be available until the new stadium is ready so shouldn't impact on the team, and the council in Swindon are also supportive of the robins are,nt they? As we have proven these things move at a snails pace, im sure the new stadium will be delivered albeit behind schedule.

Scabby Abbey

Saying that Poole also looks like a worn down 1950s stadia as well, and the track last year was generally garbage ask CH.😜Without the area and Poole is a lovely place to go ,Wimbourne Rd is hardly the ritz is it.🤓 Edited by Sidney the robin

Drove past the Abbey at 3pm and from what I could see, absolutely nothing was going on..

I never understand why people talk about the weather. Right now across Manchester City Centre, there is an enormous viaduct for the railway being built with a spectacular new bridge. New lines, junctions and signalling are being installed, but not a single weekend's work has been cancelled because of the weather. Of course work on Swindon's new stadium could be going ahead.

Priorty make sure you have track expert in the construction of the race circuit not builders

Nice statement by Rosco on his Twitter/Facebook pages reassuring fans. This alongside Mike Bowden's comments in the Star that the existing Abbey will continue to be available for as long as maybe required.

No 'new' statement about the new track because there's nothing 'new' to report!! When there is, a statement will be made.

Edited: Apologies I hadn't seen this already on the 'Swindon Stadium' thread!!

Edited by Skidder1