Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Richly deserved. Most improved, best team man. Future captain.

Good to see hundreds of Robins fans at The Abbey for trophy presentation in the rain.

Morra, Bellego, Ellis, ZW, present, with BBC Points West.

Morra Adver Rider of the Year with 56% of vote.

Where were Tobiasz & Bradley?. Edited by Crazy robin

Both ill according to Richard Crowley who was acting as interviewer. Said Tobi was in hospital.

We was on the telly, 3 seconds of waving on Points West.

The poor weather reduced the crowd size, but there was some chanting, not heard at The Shabbey for many years.

Very good speedway supplement in Adver today.

Edited by beefy keefy

Good to see that over 1k was raised for Nick's sister. The Swindon fans always look after one of their own as was proved by the collections for Darcy, Zach and now Nick's sister. Proud of my fellow fans!

• Like 2

To support Doyley I'd like to see Bomber, Killer Zengi and Charlie Wright. Bomber and PK are great to watch, Zengi is always enthusiastic and seems to really enjoy riding for the Robins and Charlie is gritty and ballsy. I'd like Hansi back too even though he's a bit of a diva at times and can be a bit precious, however he's a good skipper and Rosco seems to get the best out of him.

Don't know how that lot could be accommodated though, probably not possible.

Much as I like Nick, as Orlov says, I think he needs some time away from Swindon to develop his career....

No, I don’t agree. Nick has done just fine. Not huge improvement year on year, but gradual. He is now on the cusp of taking a big step in his career and he has stated the GP is his target next season.

What he does need is the extra responsibility of being number one at Swindon and also the captaincy. But, now more than ever in my opinion he needs consistency and therefore another season at Swindon.

Say it enough that he needs another club and he will believe it. Careful what you wish for folks.

• Like 3

No, I don’t agree. Nick has done just fine. Not huge improvement year on year, but gradual. He is now on the cusp of taking a big step in his career and he has stated the GP is his target next season.

What he does need is the extra responsibility of being number one at Swindon and also the captaincy. But, now more than ever in my opinion he needs consistency and therefore another season at Swindon.

Say it enough that he needs another club and he will believe it. Careful what you wish for folks.

The post you are commenting on was posted back in 2016, and is not relevant now.

The things some riders have to go through is something the fans need to be aware of. BWD was having a really tough time, blowing up engines so not scoring points or earning money to get them repaired or new ones, and although being helped by a sponsor and later in the season someone giving him the money to get one or two new engines sometimes the fans can help a young rider who is having a bad spell. Something needs to be set up so that fans that want to can help these riders if they are in the same situation.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/speedway/15610147.Kiwi_ace_Wilson_Dean_says_he_almost_walked_away_from_Robins/

This report indicates what Adam Ellis was going through in the League Finals

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/speedway/15610066.Ellis_is_facing_surgery_on_injured_wrist/

Edited by A ORLOV

The things some riders have to go through is something the fans need to be aware of. BWD was having a really tough time, blowing up engines so not scoring points or earning money to get them repaired or new ones, and although being helped by a sponsor and later in the season someone giving him the money to get one or two new engines sometimes the fans can help a young rider who is having a bad spell. Something needs to be set up so that fans that want to can help these riders if they are in the same situation.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/speedway/15610147.Kiwi_ace_Wilson_Dean_says_he_almost_walked_away_from_Robins/

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/speedway/15610066.Ellis_is_facing_surgery_on_injured_wrist/

it's what he's been going through most of the year, you know, when some fans were screaming for him to be sacked

It seems that the top stars have people throwing money at them when they don't really need it.

And the rest pick up what they can.If I was in a position to help a rider,it would be a young British rider.

• Like 5

it's what he's been going through most of the year, you know, when some fans were screaming for him to be sacked

Is it true as some of the Poole fans are saying Adam is going back their in 2018?.

Is it true as some of the Poole fans are saying Adam is going back their in 2018?.

I've had fans of at least 5 clubs ask me about rumours, i don't know where he's riding . I don't think anyone does ( him included) till after the AGM.

Was chatting to Adam at Dinner Dance at Blunsdon House last night. Rosco certainly the life and soul of the party, with Dave Bellego on the dance floor!!!Great night of fun and frolics.

The trophy will need a good polish!!!

• Like 1

I've had fans of at least 5 clubs ask me about rumours, i don't know where he's riding . I don't think anyone does ( him included) till after the AGM.

Understandably non-committal :wink::wink: So who is Adam an asset of now?

Understandably non-committal :wink::wink: So who is Adam an asset of now?

Obviously Poole if the know all is posting😁😁

• Like 1