British Speedway Forum

Swindon would be mad not too get Doyle in.

Coming back from injury would see his average at the 1st greensheets drop to about 7 as he tries to get back in the swing.

This meaning you can sack a reserve and bring in another heatleader

Most riders are going to drop their averages. Doyle Holder Iversen because of the highest of their averages, others because they are suddenly racing against the likes of the aforementioned. Can see a lot of teams redeclaring just before end of July and getting in some of the riders who don't want a full season here or moving out their lower points riders and upgrading.

Coming back from injury would see his average at the 1st greensheets drop to about 7 as he tries to get back in the swing.

More chance of me going out with Jennifer Aniston than Jason dropping to a 7 point average.

More chance of me going out with Jennifer Aniston than Jason dropping to a 7 point average.

Let me know where you will be going on your date :t:

How will Doyle's average drop? In a watered down SGB Elite Premierrubbish whatever league he will average well over 10, which means 14+ for team building purposes.

How will Doyle's average drop? In a watered down SGB Elite Premierrubbish whatever league he will average well over 10, which means 14+ for team building purposes.

Coming back from injury could really hamper his scoring ability for a month or two.

All teams averages are going to move towards 43 or 44 with the ones doing well a bit more and the ones struggling a bit lower. Those are what points on offer in a meeting. So redeclare and get the likes of Kildemand in to replace Neilsen.

• Like 1

After the injuries he's sustained no way will he come back smashing 10+ scores each meeting.

Absolutely no chance.

Not just physically but mentally he's got to get back into the swing of racing as he won't be getting much racing over the winter.

After the injuries he's sustained no way will he come back smashing 10+ scores each meeting.

Absolutely no chance.

Not just physically but mentally he's got to get back into the swing of racing as he won't be getting much racing over the winter.

He has overcome other injuries in his career including the broken neck last year.

He'll be fine but getting 6 others with 37 points is going to be bloody hard.

Let me know where you will be going on your date :t:

Do you want me to see if Lisa or Courtney fancy a double date😀😀

• Like 1

Has been said on other thread but Klindt, Jacobs, Bates and Clegg have very attractive PL averages compared to what would have been their converted EL averages. Using these or maybe T Kurtz, Ayres, Branford or even JPB at bottom of the team would allow 2 or 3 6-7 point riders until we get the average drops.

I think it's a cunning move to relocate the Robins to Somerset until the new stadium is finished. ;):D

• Like 1

If those two lineups MattK has suggested are typical of next years Premiercrap then I think my longstanding attendance of this once great sport will be over, insulting

• Like 1

I don't see why it would be 14+ once he attains a proper average. He should drop from 14 to around 10 with the first set of averages, which would give Swindon some points to play with.

We will have a very weak bottom end, but we need Jason for crowd levels to be sustained from the off.

• Like 1

I don't see why it would be 14+ once he attains a proper average. He should drop from 14 to around 10 with the first set of averages, which would give Swindon some points to play with.

We will have a very weak bottom end, but we need Jason for crowd levels to be sustained from the off.

Jason will not be averaging 10 per meeting, having come back from an injury, he might up his average after one or two months, think about it !!!!!!!

This is from Chris louis on the Ipswich website that clears up how converted averages will work:

The former two-times British champion believes the new ‘one average’ based on Premier League figures brings a common ground between the two leagues.

“It brings a commonality in terms of team building in both leagues and then the conversion figure will be adjusted in May when they are both up and running and we can see what it is. It was a team building formula and its simple and it works and that’s why they are going to Premier League averages so that everything is done the same way.

“It had to be done because the previous Elite League format had confused the averages and they needed to fall in line with Premier League averages. Furthermore, the base average is now two as opposed to three and the number seven rider has to be British but does not have to be a two pointer in our league.”

The current Sky Sports pundit is also pleased that team changes will not be permitted after July 31 saying the new system is more in line with other sports.

“What Poole did at the end of the season didn’t look morally right and what Peterborough did in a bid to make the play-offs didn’t look right to me. Had they (Peterborough) have made the play-offs and then succeeded and did well, that wasn’t the team that had got them there and done well. We’re trying to make that fairer and other sports do it with transfer windows so I’m happy with that change.”